Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

My First Major Written Work

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

My First Major Written Work Empty
PostSubject: My First Major Written Work   My First Major Written Work EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:25 pm

You can see my first major written work on Booksie. It is entitled The Tale of Medize. It's an adventure fantasy story of just over 10,000 words that I wrote when I was just 14 years old.

http://www.booksie.com/fantasy/novel/pgordon/the-tale-of-medize/chapter/1
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: My First Major Written Work   My First Major Written Work EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:46 pm

Clever! Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: My First Major Written Work   My First Major Written Work EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:03 pm

This is really good. It will make you reminisce over it for years and years to come.

I wish I had kept the one or two stories I wrote before coming into writing in 2004.
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: My First Major Written Work   My First Major Written Work EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:24 am

I wrote it when I was 14 and in 8th. grade. At the time it was the longest work I had ever written in my life. By comparison, my first (and so far only) published book, Of Orbs and Lords is over four times longer (the word count of the book's PDF from the publisher is 43,321). Of course it must be considered that I wrote The Tale of Medize when I was 14 whereas I wrote Of Orbs and Lords when I was 18. What makes The Tale of Medize special is it was my first major written work and a major achievement for that era of my life. In short it is special because it was first.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My First Major Written Work   My First Major Written Work EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:45 am

You were a talented 8th grader, Gordon. Very good story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: My First Major Written Work   My First Major Written Work EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:42 pm

I guess the school thought so too, I was on the honor roll continuously from 7th grade through high school graduation even made it into the top 10 of my class (one of only 2 boys in the top 10).Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First Major Written Work   My First Major Written Work Empty

Back to top Go down

My First Major Written Work
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: