Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

W. Lane Rogers

Go down 
+18
eppy
TheDoctor
dtpollard
thehairymob
Domenic Pappalardo
zadaconnaway
Dick Stodghill
Shelagh
alj
Malcolm
Carol Troestler
Betty Fasig
dkchristi
Phil Whitley
LC
Abe F. March
E. Don Harpe
alice
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

W. Lane Rogers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W. Lane Rogers   W. Lane Rogers - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:26 am

We all die. Most blow off into dust, and are forgotten. A few keep showing up in little pieces in those they touched.
You scattered yourself well W. Lane Rogers. Good job...damn good job.

Domenic Pappalardo

Last edited by domenic Pappalardo on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: W. Lane Rogers   W. Lane Rogers - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:53 am

Alice,

Last September 11, I had a CAT scan showing I had cancer in my spine, liver and sacrum, and a pulmonary embolism. On the way to the emergency room when the medical staff told me without treatment I wouldn't make t through the day, my thoughts were, "That would be a good thing. I'm going to die soon anyway and it is going to be awful for my family, so let me go and it will be quick and easy."

When I got to intensive care, my family was there. And they were not gloom and doom. They were laughing and making jokes and talking about hockey with the doctor. And I thought, "These people will make it through whatever happens." (They are very loving really and knew gloom and doom was not what I needed.)

And then I realized I was not in control in any way, shape, or form. I was at the mercy of life and a power greater than I am. Living and dying are a mystery to me. Many things went into place to get me to that CAT scan that day, something that saved my life.

If it is about writing, Lane would have written these experiences better than I can.

All we can do is be ourselves, do our best, love each other. You are here for me Alice, and I need you. You are a wonderful support person to many. You do good work, my friend.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: W. Lane Rogers   W. Lane Rogers - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:26 am

Thanks to you all. Lane gave me a lot.

He has been in my prayers and I accept the answer.
God is very good.

Lane did not linger or trouble anyone with his situation.

I am honored that he confided in me.

The dent he has left is painful--I feel for his wife, children and pets.

For those of you who did not get on with him--blame me--I made him come here. He tolerated me very well. I wonder why-- for him it was probably like trying to have a conversation with a garden snail.

I saw your post, Carol and I am very glad you are here.

Last summer you were afraid for me. Let's enjoy life while we have it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: W. Lane Rogers   W. Lane Rogers - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:31 am

Sorry to hear such sad news. He will be missed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: W. Lane Rogers   W. Lane Rogers - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:35 am

Sorry to hear about Lane. He was a man of strong convictions.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: W. Lane Rogers   W. Lane Rogers - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:56 am

He came from very good stock. I am in total disbelief as to how he could go so fast.

Hiis mother was pronounced dead after his birth and was on her way to the morgue when she came back to life.

She lived many more years.

Unfortunately pneumonia is a fast worker.
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-06-28

PostSubject: Re: W. Lane Rogers   W. Lane Rogers - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:03 pm

Very saddening.
Back to top Go down
eppy

eppy

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: W. Lane Rogers   W. Lane Rogers - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 6:37 pm

My deepest condolences to his family and to you, his dear friend. Cancer is a very horrible disease. I lost my mother in January of this year to it. When she was diagnosed (at the end of last July), she was already in stage 4 w/it in her brain, stomach, and lungs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eppyscreations.com
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: W. Lane Rogers   W. Lane Rogers - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 6:45 pm

I just heard about Lane and read all the posts here. Please add my condolences to all the others.

I also relate to dkchristi's first post here.

I have missed him. I will continue to do so.
Back to top Go down
lovesamy

PostSubject: deepest sympathies   W. Lane Rogers - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:03 am

I was very saddened to read this. I thoroughly enjoyed Mr. Rogers' posts, and shared with him a deep love of history.

It is strange how even through cyberspace you can connect on some level with people you may never meet in person. I know that had we met there would have been hours and hours of conversation, consisting mostly of me listening in fascination, I am sure.

Alice, I firmly believe that Mr. Rogers would have wanted you to proceed with your book. Do what is best for you, but I suspect when the time is right you'll hear a little voice whispering in your ear saying "Get back to work!"
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: W. Lane Rogers   W. Lane Rogers - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:36 am

Oh, Alice! What a shock to hear of Lane's passing! Please know that you and his family are in my prayers. What a great friend you are! I've missed his posts and your posts on the boards. I'm very sad.

Please finish that book.

Love,
Helen
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
mjgoodnow
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
mjgoodnow

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: W. Lane Rogers   W. Lane Rogers - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:45 am

My heart goes out to friends and family of Lane. Rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
http://regimeguard.net
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: W. Lane Rogers   W. Lane Rogers - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:23 pm

I hardly knew Lane,
But the respect for him expressed by so many people shows how much effect he has made in this world.
May he rest in Peace.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: W. Lane Rogers   W. Lane Rogers - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:31 pm

Thank you all for your very kind words. I will convey them to Patricia and will send a copy of Dick's fitting tribute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W. Lane Rogers   W. Lane Rogers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

W. Lane Rogers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2