Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Sorry about the absense

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
amber_grosjean

amber_grosjean

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Sorry about the absense Empty
PostSubject: Sorry about the absense   Sorry about the absense EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 2:39 pm

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been here for a while. Things have been keeping me away from the computer which means I haven't been able to do anything with my writing for the past month. I don't have a computer anymore so I depend on libraries and computer stations where I can. I moved to Las Vegas where there are job opportunities and have been working on getting some work since I've been here. It was harder than I thought because here, you have to get a sheriff card no matter where you work (they check for warrants and stuff like that) and if I work in a resteraunt, I need a health card to show I am "clean", both are not free so its taking a little time to do that.

Stolen Identity was finally released on leap day! I am very excited about that but I still haven't seen the final product yet so I am getting a little antsy. I waited this long so I will keep waiting until it comes in the mail. Then I will really jump for joy!

This hasn't been a good week for me. Over the weekend some time, I got bit by a spider. I didn't know that's what it was until Tuesday (my birthday of all days) when I went to the ER because of the swelling and pain. They cut it open and let all the puss and poison out, packed some gauze to help it heal, and sent me on my way. Wow did it hurt. Wed, I stayed in bed all day. Friday I went back to the ER to be checked and they said it was healing and that I should soak it 3 times a day until it has healed. I cannot wait for this to go away, I have to drink all this water and I am getting so watered out now. I miss my Mountain Dew!

But anyway, I am doing all right. I'm telling new people about my books and they are ordering them so moving here may still be a good thing. At least for that part of my life. And I am making lots of friends here too so that's cool.

That's it for now. I have to check my email and get going. See you soon!

Amber
Back to top Go down
http://www.argrosjean.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Sorry about the absense   Sorry about the absense EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:04 pm

Hi Amber,

Welcome back. Sounds like you have been in the wars! Our spiders are pretty friendly and don't bite. I hope the swelling goes down soon. Great news about the book. I hope you make many sales as well as many new friends!

~Shelagh
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Sorry about the absense   Sorry about the absense EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 6:41 pm

Hey Amber,
Get well quickly! Those spider bites can be nasty and it sounds as though you really have your hands full so don't need the downtime at all.
Will put out plenty of positive vibes so that you get through this time quickly and in good shape so that you can get what you need.
Best wishes! heart
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Sorry about the absense   Sorry about the absense EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 5:20 pm

There are some pretty nasty spiders over here. Several very poisonous ones, in fact. Be careful and take care Amber. You have just embarked on a new adventure and don't want to miss out on too much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry about the absense   Sorry about the absense Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorry about the absense
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: