Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Ever Have a Weird Dream?

Go down 
+5
Shelagh
Dick Stodghill
P. Gordon Kennedy
Carol Troestler
alice
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Ever Have a Weird Dream? Empty
PostSubject: Ever Have a Weird Dream?   Ever Have a Weird Dream? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:43 am

Dreams are funny.

I was so angry this morning.

Dave said, "Alice, Your pills and coffee are at your desk."

I woke up and said, "I am so mad at Kathy. Would you know she had the nerve to tell me to get out of the bathroom?"

Kathy was a co-worker and I was reasoning with her. "Why do you act like this , I have never done such a thing to you?"

Go ahead and have the bathroom--it is all yours."

Anyone have stupid dreams?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ever Have a Weird Dream?   Ever Have a Weird Dream? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:52 am

I don't know about Kathy or your dreams, but am really impressed by Dave putting your pills and coffee on your desk.

I have very weird dreams.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Ever Have a Weird Dream?   Ever Have a Weird Dream? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:56 am

I have wierd, hallarious, and non-sensical dreams, but I havn't been dreaming much lately.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Ever Have a Weird Dream?   Ever Have a Weird Dream? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 8:05 am

Evem more impressive, Carol, My breakfast is here too.

He will have to show Tom how to do.

Dave was an army trained medic and he is far better than any nurse.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Ever Have a Weird Dream?   Ever Have a Weird Dream? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:12 am

The other night Jackie dreamed we were in a room when someone knocked on the door and asked me to come out. It was something about mysteries. After hearing voices out in the hall for a while Jackie opened the door. I was seated in a chair with a woman sitting on my lap.
After being told about the dream I said, "Was it a good-looking woman?"
Apparently this was not the right question to ask so she said, "What difference does it make?"
I said, "It may not make much difference to you but it does make a difference to me."
More things were said and it seems strange to me how a perfectly innocent man can find himself in hot water over someone elses dream.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Ever Have a Weird Dream?   Ever Have a Weird Dream? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 12:00 pm

Dick Stodghill wrote:
The other night Jackie dreamed we were in a room when someone knocked on the door and asked me to come out. It was something about mysteries. After hearing voices out in the hall for a while Jackie opened the door. I was seated in a chair with a woman sitting on my lap.
You should have said, "Was she a dancer?"
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Ever Have a Weird Dream?   Ever Have a Weird Dream? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Today I visited a Schloss (castle) that was built as a country residence by Prince Carl Theodore (1753). Beautiful gardens, etc., but what I found most interesting was that he fathered 30 children, none of which were by his wife.
Dick, if you had a dream like that, would you consider it weird?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Ever Have a Weird Dream?   Ever Have a Weird Dream? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 2:33 pm

Dick Stodghill wrote:
After being told about the dream I said, "Was it a good-looking woman?"
Apparently this was not the right question to ask so she said, "What difference does it make?"
I said, "It may not make much difference to you but it does make a difference to me."
More things were said and it seems strange to me how a perfectly innocent man can find himself in hot water over someone elses dream.

You should have been worried about how much she weighed, Dick.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

PostSubject: Re: Ever Have a Weird Dream?   Ever Have a Weird Dream? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Marie Pacha wrote:
(Dick, when was the last time innocent and perfect were used in a sentence describing you?)

I think they go together very well.

Abe, that guy must have had a very understanding wife. If I had a dream like that I wouldn't want to ever wake up, weird or not.
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Ever Have a Weird Dream?   Ever Have a Weird Dream? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Last night I had the strangest dream that my boss broke his leg and ended up in a rehabilitation center. This rehab was unlike any other, though, as it was both physical rehab and a rehab for recovering alcholics and drug users. They were all lumped together.

There were two really clear portions of the dream:

1. There was a small kitten chewing the bottom box spring of one of the beds. The woman in it was completely unaware. She was in traction and on oxygen. No one seemed to notice the kitten.

2. My boss couldn't seem to say his words correctly. Something about the medication they were giving him.

Oh, I guess there was a third thing!

3. One of the younger residents (I think he was 19) had managed to find some alcohol and the other folks were giving him a hard time about falling off the wagon. The manager of the joint was going around telling everyone to be supportive of the young man, rather than berating him.

Dreams?
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Ever Have a Weird Dream?   Ever Have a Weird Dream? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 6:59 pm

I wonder sometimes if a person does not travel in dreams outside their bodily space and visit places and times past, present and future. Is it possible that each human brain contains all past, all present and all future and sees it in glimpses in dreams.

If one were to entertain that idea, infinity could be a circle and not a straight line going outward but a large curve that reconnected to it's self. There may be a way to prove this but it will not be with physical lines or circles. It will be an equatic theory proposed and proven in mathematics.

I imagine that infinity must curve somewhere and come back around.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Ever Have a Weird Dream?   Ever Have a Weird Dream? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:13 pm

Dreams, ah...do you want to hear a real dream?

A young man married the women of his dreams. Together they raised sheep, loved, and loved again. Many summers came and past. The women died. The man sat day after day weeping. The god of the highlands reached down to earth, picked the man up by his hair, shook him, and ask..."Why are you weeping?" "I have lost my love," replied the man.
"Foolish man," shouted the god. He threw the man back to earth, and he was re-born a women. She met a handsom man. They married, and loved, and loved again. Many summers past. Their love was great. Her husband died. Day after day she cried. The god of the highland reached down, picked the women up by the hair, and shouted," Why are you crying now?"

Don't wake up, you may anger the gods.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

PostSubject: Re: Ever Have a Weird Dream?   Ever Have a Weird Dream? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:45 am

I sometimes doze off for a minute or two in the evening when my eyes grow tired from reading. Now and then I must have a brief dream because I shout a short sentence. This irritates Jackie. One evening I yelled, "Do you want to , , ," She wanted to know who I was talking to and what was I asking them if they wanted to do. I had no recollection at all of dreaming.
Apparently I sometimes have a dream that I'm back in combat because I've yelled, "Shoot the bastard," or "You get the one on the left." Again I don't recall dreaming. I don't think dreams really mean a thing.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Ever Have a Weird Dream?   Ever Have a Weird Dream? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:23 am

I think you are quite right , Dick--they are so werid,how could they mean anything?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever Have a Weird Dream?   Ever Have a Weird Dream? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ever Have a Weird Dream?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: