Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate--first novel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
madhatter
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
madhatter

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-02-13

The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate--first novel Empty
PostSubject: The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate--first novel   The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate--first novel EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 6:33 am

Well, I've been a big old slacker for not posting anything about my novels. Forgive...

My first published novel--The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate--is the first in a series of mainstream fiction set in the panhandle of Florida.

Here is the back cover blurb...

Welcome to the town of Chattahoochee, Florida. Imagine living down the road from a mental institution and growing up in a world still drenched in the traditions of the South.

For Hattie Davis, she couldn't wait to get away. Returning home for her mother's funeral, she is drawn in by the arrival of a dear and flamboyant childhood friend, Jake Witherspoon. Despite the unfortunate situation that has brought them together, a memoir of an old family friend inspires them to join forces and take the town by storm.

Yet their new entrepreneurial lives are brutally interupted when Jake is kidnapped and beaten by two local teenage boys. Apparently, the discovery of Jake's homosexuality comes easier for Hattie than some others.

The touching tale of a Southern town's revival and a woman's coming of age--even over the hill--is something you will laugh, cry, and cheer over.

Interwoven with an air of magical realism, The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate is a rich tale of small town humor, tragedy, and the extraordinary twists of fate. Take a trip through the looking glass and come home to the South.
------

This novel is now out of print, but can still be ordered through Amazon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rhettdevane.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate--first novel   The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate--first novel EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 8:58 am

That sounds like a great tale, Rhett. I have some roots in the southern US, and cousins who love for me to move there. So I am always interested in the 'southern charm' and hospitality that abides in the SE US.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate--first novel   The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate--first novel EmptyFri May 09, 2008 2:03 pm

Oh my goodness!!!!!

'The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate' and it's sequel 'Up the Devil's Belly' are BOTH excellent books!!

If you like humor. You will love them.
If you like southern fiction. You will love them.
If you like warm fuzzy stories of friendship. You will love them.
If you like to read. You will love them!!

Rhett is a natural storyteller. Her novels are nicely paced and full of real, colorful, and interesting characters. She makes you care about them and takes you along in such a way that you feel you are there watching everything going on as the story unfolds.

Two enthusiastic thumbs up for both books .... and looking forwarded to the next one.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate--first novel   The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate--first novel EmptyThu May 22, 2008 9:47 am

madhatter wrote:
This novel is now out of print, but can still be ordered through Amazon.

Do you think it would still be in print if it had come out from a larger publisher?

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate--first novel   The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate--first novel Empty

Back to top Go down

The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate--first novel
Page 1 of 1