Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

This thing about Aspartame

Go down 
+5
alj
alice
zadaconnaway
Dick Stodghill
A Ahad
9 posters
AuthorMessage
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

This thing about Aspartame Empty
PostSubject: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:58 pm

Is it really as harmful as what some sources make out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0xNT-URrwU

Should we be worried?Question
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 6:09 am

We're back to speaking German, are we? My answer is no, we should not be worried. Few things other than artillery barrages and planes dropping bombs are worth worrying about. Even being shot at is no cause for concern if you have a gun yourself. Too many people worry about too many things. That's no way to live.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 6:52 am

I'm not worried about it--I don't use the stuff. I hate the taste of artificial sweeteners. In fact, I don't like much of anything that is artificial.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 7:02 am

I don' t worry about it--just avoid it--allergic to it. This thing about Aspartame 798629 This thing about Aspartame 798629 This thing about Aspartame 798629
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 7:50 am

Aspartame is another artificial food. No artificial food is good for us. The only worry I have is that these additives are in so many of our foods. I get tired of reading labels.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 5:19 pm

Dear Ahad,
I had no idea what that post said. I believe in bacon. Bacon can make a dose of broccoli palatable to Dick. Bacon makes collard greens good, bacon fries a lovely cabbage, bacon is not just for eggs. A little bacon and people who hate spinach will say it is their favorite.
God bless bacon.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:03 pm

I have a serious virus infection on my PC. It's a Trojan something or other and I think it's a sign from God telling me to stay off the internet!!
I am blocked from logging onto this forum and pretty much everywhere else, except Google and the website that sells Personal Antivirus software at $50 for one year's subscription.

Back on topic. Aspartame is supposed to be the stuff in all "sugar free" foods, e.g. Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, etc.

It is supposed to be the lesser evil than natural sugars. Sugar gives you extra unwanted calories in your weight watching diet plan, gum disease as residual food for bacteria on your teeth, and if you're diabetic, it inflates your blood sugars.

Aspartame is supposed to be a viable alternative to all these problems. I have been drinking diet coke for the last 10 years, and I have yet to notice any harmful effects of aspartame on me. That said, I do hate anything "artificial" in the food chain and from here on I will balance diet coke with normal coke to lessen my future risks...
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:14 pm

They have done studies,
Ahad, that show people lose more wieght drinking regular coke than diet coke,

This thing about Aspartame 798629 This thing about Aspartame 798629 This thing about Aspartame 798629
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Betty Fasig wrote:
Dear Ahad,
I had no idea what that post said. I believe in bacon. Bacon can make a dose of broccoli palatable to Dick. Bacon makes collard greens good, bacon fries a lovely cabbage, bacon is not just for eggs. A little bacon and people who hate spinach will say it is their favorite.
God bless bacon.

Love,
Betty

Betty, Is this your cardiac diet?
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:16 pm

A Ahad wrote:

It is supposed to be the lesser evil than natural sugars. Sugar gives you extra unwanted calories in your weight watching diet plan, gum disease as residual food for bacteria on your teeth, and if you're diabetic, it inflates your blood sugars.

Aspartame is supposed to be a viable alternative to all these problems.

Yes, and when balanced with non "fake" foods, it's fine. I drink green tea, but put in two packets of Splenda to kill the taste, lol. The calories that sugar adds aren't worth whatever benefits (none, I think) it gives. I eat healthy stuff and junk. As long as the healthy stuff outweighs the junk, what's the problem?
Back to top Go down
Phil Whitley
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Phil Whitley

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:19 pm

Maybe I listen to Coast to Coast way too much, but a few weeks ago one
of the guests was discussing aspartame. There were two points that
stood out to me: One was that aspartame was first developed as a rat
poison, and second that when it reacts with digestive juices it changes
into formaldehyde - enbalming fluid.

I'll stick with plain ol' sugar, thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.philwhitley.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:23 pm

Phil -I think the same thing is said about soda, lol.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:43 pm

Dear Alice,
I have not been given a diet for anything. I weigh 105 and I surmise they think I never eat.

About the bacon, though, I do not mean you need a pound or lots of grease, but bacon is so lovely for seasoning. A little dab will do ya. My Sara, Wooffer's sister, would do most anything for bacon. Well, she would for cheese, too.
Need I mention chicken.

My dogs are all senior dogs and are on the Science Diet for old bat dogs. It is so taste-less and the consistancy of peanut butter. I decided to try something to make them happy. I dare not give them a chicken leg or they will get the poops.

I took one boneless, skinless chicken thigh and boiled it. I put that and the boiled water in the fridge. Every morning when they get the god awful Science Diet, I drizzle a tablespoon of the water from this boiled thigh over the stuff. Oh, they do love that and gobble it up. When the soup of it runs out, I add water and nuke it for a three minutes, put it back in the fridge. Good as new. It has lasted over a week with the same chicken thigh.
So far, no side effects. That canned chicken broth does not work.

For me, that bit of bacon drippings is the same. Makes many things taste a whole lot better.

This week, my doctor prescrbed a pill that almost killed me. I was as close to a coma as I ever want to get. It took me two days to get well. I wonder if doctors really know what the hell they are prescribing. Like those doctors that could have just ordered an Xray for Carol, ........we have to be our own best friend when it comes to medicines.

So, the friend in me for me sees nothing wrong with a little bacon juice.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:18 pm

Betty, I have a senior Dachshund, too. I give her the occasional chicken leg, bacon, and whatever else she wants. What's the point of drizzling a teaser broth over her Science Diet? If she gets the poops, she gets banished to the laundry room, lol.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:28 pm

What was the pill?
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:05 pm

Dear LC,

Even though my Wooffer loves all the stuff you mentioned, he will get such gastronomical distress to the point of blood in his bowel and have to be hospitalized.

My Sara and Jazzmin have stomachs of iron and can eat cat poop willy nilly without regard and any and every thing that you can put before them.

I have had Wooffer at the vet's many times for eating stuff that someone thought he should have off of their plate. It is not worth the little joy he feels to have to suffer so much.
I am glad that the chicken juice does not hurt him and he does enjoy the food that keeps him up and running. I do love my dogs. Children they are.

Alice,
This terrible stuff is called Trazodone Hydrochloride, 100 mg.

It was scary. My biological clock wakes me every morning at the same time. That is the time. I tried to open my eyes, could not. I could see with my dream eye that I was laying there with my mouth open and my eyes rolled back into my head. I tried to move and could not. It took a few minutes to be conscious enough to know I needed to move my arms. I was in a panic!
Finally, I got my arms to move, my eyes to open and sat up. It took a long time to come to full consciosness.

I held onto the shower walls to take a shower to wake up enough to go out of the room.

My daughter came and helped me that day. Lots of people came to buy vegetables. I could not make change.

That drug was to help me go to sleep.
Well, I do not need to sleep that Big Sleep just now. I will go back to Goodies PM.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:45 pm

My dog eats shrimp tails, sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, fish skin, anything, really, we toss her way. The drawback is that she won't let us eat anything in peace anymore, lol.

Re the sleeping problem, Nyquill works for me ...but it tastes even worse than Science Diet, lol.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:56 pm

Sorry to hear of your virus, Abdul. I hope you are able to get it cleared up soon.

I never give dogs chicken bones because they can splinter and cause punctures or catch in their throats.

With the awful news about contaminated dog food, I started cooking our dog her wet food. Rice, meat, oatmeal, and noodles, with left over veggies mixed in. She loves it, and just to be extra nice, I 'frost' it with some Alpo.

I make several days worth at a time, freezing the extra portions. When I appear with her 'dish, she drools!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Rhymer
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Rhymer

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:50 am

Aspartame; The only thing I have read is aspartame actually can cause a hunger sensation in some people. Not negative if you like to eat bacon like Dick and me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/abcedit
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This thing about Aspartame   This thing about Aspartame Empty

Back to top Go down

This thing about Aspartame
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: