Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Respect for Administrators

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Respect for Administrators Empty
PostSubject: Respect for Administrators   Respect for Administrators EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 4:37 am

"Bug off," "stand off," "lay off," "back off," and any other variants of the expression, are invariably responses which indicate that someone has stepped over a line or limit or boundary.

Responses require stimuli. Someone has to have said or done something, or in some way provided a stimulus, in order to provoke a response.

We are all guests here, and as guests, we have an obligation to our host. We need to accept the limits and boundaries established by that host if we want to participate.

If our host tries several times over, very politely, to tell us we have overstepped those limits, and we continue to overstep, we have to expect an even stronger response.

Just my opinion, but it seems to me that those who have provoked a "situation" are the ones who owe an apology to the host, not the other way around.

I, for one, recognizing that administration is her job,would like to see Shelagh back, as she is an invaluable contributor as well as a much needed Admin.

Just my thoughts.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Respect for Administrators   Respect for Administrators EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 4:52 am

Ann we usually see things pretty much in the same light, but on this issue I have to respectfully disagree. The words you used, "bug" "stand" "lay" and "back" are indeed things that might have been said. However, when the phrase is followed by a very angry smiley face and a balloon with the universal symbol of cursing, then I don't think any of those words were what was meant.

I've always found that in order to get respect, you have to show respect, and that it must come from those in an administrative position first. I've had hundreds of employees over the years, and I've always showed them a lot of respect, and it has been returned to me in kind. Even when I've had to fire someone, I've managed to allow them to keep their self respect and their dignity even while they've been shown to the door.

My point has been and remains that there are many ways to say things, and that a better way should have been found here.

Nobody provoked anyone into anything, unless it was into showing the true nature of the administrator.

This entire thing has been a great illustration of what a little bit of power does to someone who is not equipped to handle it.

None of us, Shelagh included, are the perfect people that others would like to believe we are, but while we are quick to point out the flaws in some, we turn a blind eye to others.

Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Respect for Administrators   Respect for Administrators EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 5:11 am

And so, we disagree, but the main point I'm trying to make is that it was, as I perceived it, a response that had been provoked by individuals who seemed intent on creating an inflammatory situation.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Respect for Administrators   Respect for Administrators Empty

Back to top Go down

Respect for Administrators
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Suggestions :: Forum Improvements-
Jump to: