Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Oh what a beautiful day

Go down 
+3
Tory Lynn
Helen Wisocki
A Ahad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Oh what a beautiful day Empty
PostSubject: Oh what a beautiful day   Oh what a beautiful day EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 12:41 am

I had a surprise friends invite on LinkedIn from one of my former corporate bosses! sunny I worked with him at InBev Ltd, for 5 years and in the invitation he wrote: "Because I know you and trust you, I'm inviting you to my network"

That made me feel really special!

I also had one person recommend me so far on the LinkedIn network. She wrote:

“Abdul is a careful editor. I reviewed one of his books and found it passionate, compassionate, intelligent, tense, a real page turner. wonderful job!” - Susie Hawes, book reviewer , sfreader.com

With the sun shining outside in a pristine, deep blue sky, it is a beautiful morning here in Luton...birds are singing too...
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Oh what a beautiful day   Oh what a beautiful day EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 4:52 am

And with those kind words, the sun shines a little brighter and the birds sing a happier song!
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
Tory Lynn
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Tory Lynn

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Oh what a beautiful day   Oh what a beautiful day EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 5:38 am

It is nice when people do that. You had a very nice compliment A Ahad.

I sat outside for a bit this morning and witnessed the black sky turn into a beautiful light orange horizon. The mountains were black against that beautiful setting. I heard the birds sing as well.

Vickie
Back to top Go down
http://www.torylynn.webs.com/torylynn
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Oh what a beautiful day   Oh what a beautiful day EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:37 am

Ahad,
you have every reason to feel good. Sometimes it takes a while and one never knows from where the appreciation will come. It's all the more to savor when it is not expected.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Oh what a beautiful day   Oh what a beautiful day EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:44 am

That's great, Ahad. Bask in the sun and the good words of others. It sounds like a real 'feel good' day! I'm sure there are many more to come.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Oh what a beautiful day   Oh what a beautiful day EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:51 am

Well done Ahad, it was rainig for a short bit this morning where I am but by this afternoon the sun was splitting the sky; heralding spring forth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Oh what a beautiful day   Oh what a beautiful day EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 2:59 pm

Thank you, it did stay bright and sunny the whole day sunny

Spring and autumn tend to bring forth very rapid changes in the sky. From gunmetal clouds to April showers to autumn gales. These are the seasons of great weather changes and I do adore them totally.

Vickie, I have been to southern Utah just once before. Many years ago, I went to Arizona with a couple of friends and I remember we drove through Kayenta crossing into Utah going toward Bluff to get to the very remote Natural Bridges Monument:

Oh what a beautiful day Nb078

I didn't keep any pictures sadly, but I do remember one thing: it was extremely quiet up there. Many miles away from any major town and busy road, it felt extremely and eerily silent. Apart from the whispers of a light breeze, there was no sound. Either human or animal, as it was early evening in March.

Very few places we can go to nowadays with absolute silence. Picture that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Oh what a beautiful day   Oh what a beautiful day EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 3:17 pm

A meaningful compliment Ahad, and another great photo. Can't say much for the town of Bluff, Utah, though. Driving through it once was enough for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Oh what a beautiful day   Oh what a beautiful day EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 5:43 pm

I never went into Bluff, so I can't say if I would have liked it or not.

Carson City in Nevada was memorable for me. We had a Mexican pizza in a Taco Bell. It was really, really bad! Worst food memory in me and my friends' minds ever! Yukkkk!!Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh what a beautiful day   Oh what a beautiful day Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh what a beautiful day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: