Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

"BRAVEHEART Meets THE LORD OF THE RINGS"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FiveStarAuthor

FiveStarAuthor

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-01-13

"BRAVEHEART Meets THE LORD OF THE RINGS" Empty
PostSubject: "BRAVEHEART Meets THE LORD OF THE RINGS"   "BRAVEHEART Meets THE LORD OF THE RINGS" EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 8:00 am

Yes, that's what one Hollywood producer has dubbed THE BLACKGLOOM BOUNTY by Jon F. Baxley. Destined for the big screen (sometime in the near future) this medieval fantasy series is setting sales records for both the hardcover publisher and on Amazon's new Kindle reading device. Here's what Publisher's Weekly had to say:

Quote :
STARRED Review:

A fast pace, sly humor, amusing dialogue and a richly researched background lift Baxley's fantasy, the first of a new series set in medieval Britain. When Merlin's long-ago apprentice Kruzurk Makshare (aka the Boozer) receives a dreamlike visitation from the legendary mage, he learns he must destroy another former apprentice, the villainous Seed of Cerberus. To do so will require a visit to the demon-guarded Blackgloom Keep.

Enter young Daynin McKinnon, who discovers a curious rune-covered headstone, which may be the fabled Scythian Stone, and brings it to Kruz's attention. Kruz believes it will provide entry into the fortress, while Daynin hopes the sale of the stone will restore his family's fortunes.

The colorful cast of good guys and ne'er-do-wells includes the Pictish ghost of Brude McAlpin liberated from his tomb, assorted pursuing Caledonians and a bemused Prior Bede, whose monastery serves as a hiding place for the Blackgloom Bounty. Suitable for fantasy enthusiasts of all ages, this novel evolved from an e-book,The Scythian Stone.

Questions or comments? Please email FiveStarAuthor @ aol.com (omit the spaces)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jonbaxley
flashgordon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: "BRAVEHEART Meets THE LORD OF THE RINGS"   "BRAVEHEART Meets THE LORD OF THE RINGS" EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 9:18 am

I hope they do a good job, I'm a big fan of these kinds of movies. However, I have not heard anything about this book, nor seen a copy, in any of my local bookstores. The "buzz" must just be getting started.
Back to top Go down
http://newgreatbooks.blogspot.com
FiveStarAuthor

FiveStarAuthor

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: PDF Review Copy   "BRAVEHEART Meets THE LORD OF THE RINGS" EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 5:47 am

Hello Flash:

If you'd like to read Blackgloom, I'll be happy to send you a full pdf review copy, complete with illustrations. It's a big download--4.3 megs, so be sure your spam filters will accept it.

This offer is for everyone in the group, too. Keep in mind, this is not Harry Potter fantasy. If you're a fan of Conan books, this is right up your alley. If you enjoy multiple POV's (ala Tom Clancy) Blackgloom should keep your interest. One reviewer called my writing style "cinematic" which is exactly how it was intended.

Thanks for the response, Flash.

JFB 1/19/08
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jonbaxley
Kelly Ko

PostSubject: Blackgloom Bounty   "BRAVEHEART Meets THE LORD OF THE RINGS" EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:27 pm

I have heard of this novel and actually have it on my Amazon list! I haven't picked it up yet, but it sounds fantastic! I'm excited to hear it will be hitting the big screen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "BRAVEHEART Meets THE LORD OF THE RINGS"   "BRAVEHEART Meets THE LORD OF THE RINGS" Empty

Back to top Go down

"BRAVEHEART Meets THE LORD OF THE RINGS"
Page 1 of 1