Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Request help

Go down 
+2
Dick Stodghill
ckc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ckc

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Request help Empty
PostSubject: Request help   Request help EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 3:19 am

My husband and I have 2 "How-to" e-books already published but are not selling very well through my current publisher. I now have another "How-to" book on starting your own retail shopper and loss prevention business including all forms, worksheets, letters, etc. ready to send to a publisher but want to find someone else to publish this one. Although it's only 38 pages our latest work is very detailed and what I consider all inclusive. I have performed numerous searches for a publisher that can handle everything on a 50-50 basis and after investigating found that most of them are POD or any number of fee charging publishers. If anyone knows a good publisher that may be interested and responds in a timely manner I would appreciate the information. Thank you, CKC
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Request help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request help   Request help EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 4:27 am

Finding a publisher for that short a book won't be easy. Ziff Davis used to publish things that size so you might check. You may find that Lulu is your best bet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Request help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request help   Request help EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 9:19 am

Really short books are hard to get published. I'm published through E-Book Time, LLC and as I remember the absolute minimum page count they'll accept is 48 for softcover and 108 for hardcover, though a minimum of 108 or more pages is prefreble for a softcover too, because with less than that, they won't print the title on the spine and your format choices are more limited. If your book has more than 108 pages, E-Book Time, LLC will let you chose either a 5.5 X 8.5 inch book or a 6 X 9 inch book. If it's less than 108 but more than 48, the 6 X 9 inch size is the only size they offer.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Request help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request help   Request help EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 9:35 am

With something that small you might consider converting it to a pdf file, going to Kinkos and printing them yourself. Print up enough for promotional purposes and then print them as you get orders.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Request help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request help   Request help EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:20 am

Or just sell the pdf file.

Or mobipocket.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Request help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request help   Request help EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 8:16 pm

I know many writers on LULU etc...seems the normal income for a book is about $300 to $500 a year...not good. The real money is with a standard publisher. They don't handle short books like that.
You might want to revert to the old days: Get people to put paid adds in the back of your book, and give them away free on the internet. (Local stuff.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Request help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request help   Request help Empty

Back to top Go down

Request help
Page 1 of 1