Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Space, Time, Matter, Energy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Space, Time, Matter, Energy Empty
PostSubject: Space, Time, Matter, Energy   Space, Time, Matter, Energy EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 4:07 pm

P. Gordon Kennedy On
Time, Space, Matter, and Energy

Time, space, matter, and energy may seem like very different and distinct things, but in actuality, they are all interrelated and not one of them can exist without the other three. To understand this, let us look at what time, space, matter, and energy are.
Space is the distance around, within, and between objects. Energy is the ability to cause a change in the state of an object’s motion and results from a difference in the potential of forces (more force being applied to one side of an object than the other will cause it to move). Matter, which is actually highly condensed energy in an organized structure is what makes up objects. Time is a relationship between events occurring in space.
If there were no time, energy could not exist, because without time motion would be impossible and therefore, it would be impossible to cause a change to the state of an object’s motion. If there were no energy, there would be no objects either, because objects are made of matter and matter is really only highly condensed energy in an organized structure. Finally, if there were no matter and thus no objects, there could be no distance around, within, and between objects. Therefore, there could be no space. It can be seen that time, space, matter, and energy are all interrelated and interdependent, not one can exist apart from the other three. One must have either all of them or none of them.
Matter and energy are equivalent, one can be converted to the other and for this conversion, we use one of the most widely recognized equations in the world, Einstein’s famous E = MC [squared] where E = energy M = mass (matter) and C = the speed of light in an absolute vacuum. The speed of light in an absolute vacuum is approximately 186,000 feet per second therefore, it can be seen that a small amount of matter can be converted into a very large amount of energy (think nuclear bomb). Conversely, a very large amount of energy can be converted into a relatively small amount of matter.
Time and space are also equivalent and can also be converted one to the other. According to Einstein’s theory of relativity, if an object were traveling at the speed of light (impossible due to the fact that it requires an infinite amount of energy), its speed through time would be zero due to the effects of time dilation. Therefore, years ago, I came up with the equation T = D/C where T = time D = linier spatial distance and C = the speed of light in an absolute vacuum. This equation shows the relationship between time and spatial distance.
Furthermore, space/time must be related to matter/energy. I suspect the relationship is an inverse one. The more of one the less of the other. More space/time = less matter/energy and vice versa. It can be clearly seen that space, time, matter, and energy are interrelated and interdependent. None can exist without the others.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Space, Time, Matter, Energy   Space, Time, Matter, Energy EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 6:10 pm

Dear Gordon,

My poem on the subject of time

Time
It ticks and talks
Away.

Grab a second hand
Hold it down a minute.
Feel the beat.
The warm blooded
Heart beat of time.

Let the beat
Go on.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Space, Time, Matter, Energy   Space, Time, Matter, Energy EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 6:01 pm

By the way, this summer will be the 5 year anaversary of T=D/C. I came up with the idea for the equation to show the relationship between space and time at about 1:00 AM on a hot summer night.
Back to top Go down
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Space, Time, Matter, Energy   Space, Time, Matter, Energy EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 4:05 am

PGK,

I like your equation. It has a lot of potential.

When Einstein first came up with his relativity, all the housewives were humming "E=MC^2" when they were ironing their husband's favorite shirts.

Space, Time, Matter, Energy 798629 Space, Time, Matter, Energy 798629 Space, Time, Matter, Energy 798629
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Space, Time, Matter, Energy   Space, Time, Matter, Energy EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 7:24 am

I have a much nicer version of the equation T=D/C I did with the equation editor in Microsoft Works, but every time I try to copy and past it into another program or into one of my posts on this thread all I get is a little box with the letters OBJ in it. Mayby I should just use the macro mode of my digital camera to photograph it on screen and get it as a JPEG so I can actually use it in other programs. Comming up with the equation was one of the great moments of genious. I had thought about the problem for a while with no answer and then all of a sudden on that hot summer night in 2004 I had it, T=D/C.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Space, Time, Matter, Energy   Space, Time, Matter, Energy EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 7:42 am

P. Gordon Kennedy wrote:
By the way, this summer will be the 5 year anaversary of T=D/C. I came up with the idea for the equation to show the relationship between space and time at about 1:00 AM on a hot summer night.
The hierarchy of time:

http://www.bottomlayer.com/bottom/deutsch/golden.html
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space, Time, Matter, Energy   Space, Time, Matter, Energy Empty

Back to top Go down

Space, Time, Matter, Energy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: