Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Movie Revenue Up - Hidden Opportunity?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Movie Revenue Up - Hidden Opportunity? Empty
PostSubject: Movie Revenue Up - Hidden Opportunity?   Movie Revenue Up - Hidden Opportunity? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 10:09 am

I just saw a news report about movie box office receipts are way up to the surprise of industry experts. They suspect during these tough times people are selecting less expensive forms of entertainment, Aamovie vs expensive night on the town. I see opportunity for book sales if presented correctly.

A movie ticket, gas, popcorn will easily add up to or surpass the cost of a book and is over in a couple of hours. A book could be multiple times the entertainment value given the hours occupied method. In my area a movie ticket is $8.50, add popcorn for $3.00 and soda $3.00 gas at $1 even if the theatre is nearby. That total cost of $15.50 for a 2 hour movie is an entertainment cost of $7.75 per hour. My book Fools' heaven is $15.95 retail. If it is an 8 hour read, the pure cost is $1.99 per hour. If you add $.83 for a bag of popcorn or $3.83 for four bags and $.14 for a can of soda or 4 cans for $.56 for four cans, the entertainment cost is $2.49 per hour. Not gas is really required. If you buy two books online that cost over $25.00, most sites ship for free. Of course the value is even greater for ebooks due to the lower cost of the books.

Entertainment value per hour, I think this is a great way to promote our books. I think that I will get right on this.
Back to top Go down
Richard Stanbery
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Richard Stanbery

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Movie Revenue Up - Hidden Opportunity?   Movie Revenue Up - Hidden Opportunity? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 11:16 am

Movies grew in popularity during the 1930s. Can there be something to be said for escapism?
Back to top Go down
http://richardstanbery.webs.com/index.htm
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Movie Revenue Up - Hidden Opportunity?   Movie Revenue Up - Hidden Opportunity? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 11:48 am

Escapism is right. Now we just need to capitalize on it and get people to buy books instead of movie tickets!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Movie Revenue Up - Hidden Opportunity?   Movie Revenue Up - Hidden Opportunity? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 3:01 pm

Pulp magazines were big hits during the 1930s as well. As a pulp writer, I see no hint of that happening now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Movie Revenue Up - Hidden Opportunity?   Movie Revenue Up - Hidden Opportunity? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 4:35 pm

I can't belive they put all those movie clips on YouTube. No matter which movie you search for, you can bet your bottom dollar you'll catch a free clip of its finest moments on that channel.

That almost makes you never wanna watch television or buy DVDs anymore
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie Revenue Up - Hidden Opportunity?   Movie Revenue Up - Hidden Opportunity? Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie Revenue Up - Hidden Opportunity?
Page 1 of 1