Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window Empty
PostSubject: Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window   Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 9:41 am

To see more details about the book, and to learn some interesting things about the authors, visit our website.

http://worldoutsidethewindow.donharpe.com/index.html

Oh, and be sure to come back here and let us know what you think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window   Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:00 am

A unique concept. Very good.
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

PostSubject: Re: Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window   Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:16 am

Thanks Abe. Here's a short synopsis of my story in the book.

In the years following the Great Depression, our government devised several means whereby they could put a lot of men to work, and in so doing begin to rebuild our economy. One of those ways was called the Civilian Conversation Corps, or the CCC. My story, KILLING FROST, finds a young white man who has just had a fight with another man while working with the CCC at Chickamauga, and has deserted the service. He is now hungry, tired, and looking for work. It is rural Georgia, in the hot summer of 1936, when Henry Brooks walks up to the farm of Lenore Baker, a young black widow with two small daughters. Knowing that the community will not look upon their relationship with favor, still both are desperate, and they strike a bargain that Henry will help out on the farm until the summer is over, and the frost is on the roses. This is the story of that unlikely friendship, and how the events of that hot summer touched and changed the lives of Henry, Lenore, Janie and Alice.

It’s unlike most of my previous short stories, and I think is as good as anything I’ve ever done.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window   Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:22 am

Are the other stories as appealing?
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

PostSubject: Re: Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window   Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:37 am

Every author looked out the window and wrote what the courtyard scene reminded them of. I chose the country road to write about. There are 19 stories in the book, and I think there is something for just about every body. There's romance, drama, science fiction and tales of everyday life. I think it's a good book, and that it will prove itself to readers.

Thanks again Abe.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window   Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 7:35 pm

I'm particularly fond of Don's story because it just plain touched my heart and kept me anxious for the entire reading just knowing the times and the potential for disaster.

However, Neal's Noel with the nostalgia of youth in a different time is also appealing.

Misery Loves Company is full of unexpected twists that hold the reader to the very unexpected ending.

The Silver Lining is charming, perhaps because the ending just feels good.

I'll let you find out the rest for yourself; some of the stories are darker, and I prefer those that include joy in spite of tears. However, some of the darkest stories exhibit fine writing.

Oh, my story, Rose's Question, touches on some core themes of life in an efficiency of words. A touch of Oriental philosophy, a little superstition, and a young girl's questions lead to more answers than intended.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window   Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window Empty

Back to top Go down

Link to new anthology The World Outside The Window
Page 1 of 1