Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Excerpt First Book

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhymer
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Rhymer

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Excerpt First Book Empty
PostSubject: Excerpt First Book   Excerpt First Book EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 5:55 am

An excerpt from Daddy's Game written and published 2005.

I ran to my room and pulled on a pair of shorts and slid a T - shirt over my head. I sat down at the breakfast table. The bacon tasted as good as it had smelled. I ate until I thought my stomach would explode. Dad watched not making a sound the whole time I was eating.

“Feeling okay this morning boy?”

I shrugged my shoulders.

“Can’t trick you can I son.”

I shook my head no.

“Come here.”

Cautiously I walked over to my father fearful that at any moment his mood might change. He lifted me up and sat me on the edge of the table where he could look me directly in the face.

“It's good you’re learning the rules so quickly. There’s only one more that you need to know. You tell anyone what I do to you here and I’ll cut your tongue out! You can’t get away Michael, anyone finds out and you’ll suffer boy! You believe me don’t you son?”

I nodded again. Being this close to dad I could smell liquor on his breath. His eyes were what scared me the most. Peering into them I could see my own reflection looking back, my earlier thoughts were right, what little bit of a father I once had was now gone. I realized I was lost. My spirit had been broken I would do as I was ordered to do. I watched intently as he tore a towel into four strips. Removing my socks he wrapped one around each ankle and then my wrists. Carrying me into the living room he laid me flat on my back, on the coffee table, tying my legs and arms to the tables. Reaching into his pocket he retrieved his knife and opened the blade placing the tip under my chin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/abcedit

Excerpt First Book
Page 1 of 1