Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Reincarnation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Reincarnation Empty
PostSubject: Reincarnation   Reincarnation EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 7:25 am

Is there Life after Death?
The University of Virginia did a 50-year study on this subject.  You may find the following as interesting as I did:  NDA is also discussed. For those of you that read Ron Kruger’s book: “A Higher Good” you may have a better understanding.  If you have a copy of Ron’s book, hold onto it since it is no longer in print. I treasure the copy that I have.
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-first-thing-you-will-see-after-your-death
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Reincarnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation   Reincarnation EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 8:20 am

I have not been dead so am not  a great authority on  this subject.  However, I am a Christian so believe the texts 

For the Living know that they shall die ,but the dead know nothing.  In that very moment their thoughts perish

;
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Reincarnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation   Reincarnation EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 9:30 am

The problem with reincarnation, as I see it, lies in the fact that we are not aware of having been reincarnated, so in another life, we would not remember our present life.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Reincarnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation   Reincarnation EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 12:48 pm

I find it an interesting subject.  I imagine that we have all thought about dying and what happens to us after the body ceases to function.  The study by UVA is proof that the subject is a reflection of wanting to know. We will only know for sure when it happens.   Some have experienced death for a short period, like Ron Kruger.  Some have experienced the NDE (near death) and still others have experienced an OBE (out of body experience) as I have.   Sometimes the OBE and the NDE are one and the same.  I believe that there are many who had such experiences, but have not talked about them feeling that others would think they’re nuts.  I only learned yesterday that my wife had such an experience this past year but kept it to herself.  I believe what she told me and could relate.
Those with deep religious faith follow the Bible concerning the hereafter.  Not fearing death is the most important element is such an experience.  I have noticed that older people attend church more as they approach the end of their days.  Having faith in what they believe to be true is comforting.  Many of us who were brought up in a religious family were instilled with the fear of God and the punishment in the hereafter for sinners.  It took many years to shed that yoke.  God’s Love overcomes those fears.  My basic belief is based on science where the body is made up of energy and that energy never dies.  Where that energy goes when the body ceases to function is the mystery. In religious circles it is referred to as the soul leaving the body.   Whatever your belief, it is a personal one.   So long as it provides comfort and not angst is the important thing, in my view.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Reincarnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation   Reincarnation EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 3:16 pm

Abe,

As we near our end times, I think it is helpful to think about these things.  After  all no one will get out alive
We are 3 score  and 10  and that is what we have been promised.

You have done better--good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

Reincarnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation   Reincarnation Empty

Back to top Go down

Reincarnation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: