Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

People Power

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

People Power Empty
PostSubject: People Power   People Power EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 3:14 am

We the people have power.  How to exercise this power is the subject of this writing.  We often hear the question:  “What can we do”?  When one sees or hears about injustice, we want to do something, but what?  Many feel powerless against the government and big business to affect change.  Alone, we are weak, however a united force, bringing people together for a common cause can affect change.  The tools available to us are varied:
Boycotting/buying is a strong force. The consumer dictates what products will be produced or marketed.  No business can survive without sales.  There are products known to be harmful for human consumption.  They include GMO’s and products grown with harmful pesticide sprays.  Products imported or produced by slave labor can be boycotted.  Source of products along with a list of ingredients is important to the consumer.  Demanding that products be labeled is just one demand that can be made by the consumer.  Pharmaceuticals are another problem.  High prices for prescription drugs need more attention.  Seeking alternatives to prescription drugs is a worthwhile pursuit.  Alternatives like Cannabis, a natural substance, can help many.  Cannabis is also known for numerous other industrial uses that protect our environment. 
Demonstrating is another effective tool.  We have witnessed the Women’s demonstrations throughout the USA and around the world that received media attention.  Politicians cannot ignore the will of the people if they seek election.  
Voting is a right to be exercised.  We may not always get the candidate of our choice; however it is a statement – an alert for future candidates. 
Resisting is a necessary act to affect change. 
Using our voices and our pens.   We can speak out and write about issues.  Today we have access to various social media platforms where we can express our concerns and hope to influence others to jump on board to affect positive action/change. 

Perception plays an important role in what we say or do.  Saying or doing nothing implies that one simply doesn’t care.  Those who do care take action, i.e., they speak out.  Many are afraid to speak out for fear of criticism.  Everyone wants to be liked and “rocking the boat” is not an attribute of the timid.  “Going out on a limb” means taking a risk.  The will to risk takes courage.  Courage is the choice and willingness to confront agony, pain, danger, uncertainty or intimidation.  It is an act in the face of fear.

Controversial subjects are often avoided.  They are sensitive in nature that usually involves religion and politics. 

At some point, we must take a stand.  We either condone or oppose lawlessness, bigotry, genocide, violation of human rights, acts detrimental to our environment and our health.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

People Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: People Power   People Power EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 6:45 pm

Today we have a lot to protest against and deal with.   I am 69 years old and have never seen the likes, It is scary to me.
The women are upset  because they are afraid they will lose abortion rights  I feel these rights were
extended too freely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

People Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: People Power   People Power EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 11:15 pm

Alice, I'm not convinced that the right to have an abortion is the prime issue, but rather protecting women's rights to decide.  It is especially important when the life of the mother is in jeopardy.  I mentioned this before and reiterate a situation that we experienced as a case in point.  My wife’s doctor told her that she should not become pregnant as it could be life-threatening.  That Doctor was in Maryland.  She was prescribed birth control pills that she took according to instructions. We subsequently moved to New York and she became pregnant.  The concern was real.  Her Doctor in Maryland encourage an abortion, however the Laws in the State of New York did not allow an abortion unless the threat of life could be proved.  The problem with coordination with her Maryland Doctor and the Doctor(s) in New York was taking much time.  In the meanwhile the fetus was growing to a point where an abortion was not a legal option.  Approval could not be obtained in time to terminate the pregnancy.  The Doctor in New York made preparations with the hospital and they had blood transfusions ready.  (My wife almost bled to death during her previous child birth.)  Our child was born in New York.  Blood transfusions were used.  It was the only birth that I personally witnessed and I was shocked when I saw our child appearing blue in color.  I feared that something was wrong with her.  I was relieved when assured that the child was okay.  More importantly, that my wife was also okay and recovering. 
The birth control pills didn’t work.  The birth of my daughter Caroline on August 15th, 1969 is a day we will always remember.  She was a special child – a child that may not have been.  She is the only one of my children that gave us grand children. 
With this experience one would think that I would be strongly opposed to abortion.  I have mixed feelings about it.  We were lucky.  If it had cost the life of my wife my attitude would be different.  I am of the opinion that the life of the mother should have priority and that the decision should be between the mother and the Doctor.  There are other situations where the consideration of abortion is warranted and that would include pregnancy due to rape.  An unwanted child is neither good for the child or the mother.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

People Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: People Power   People Power EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 12:36 pm

Abortion is not a form of contraception. Too many women choose abortions for unwanted pregnancies rather than paying for contraception. Women are demanding the right to have unprotected sex, and then abortions paid for by American taxpayers. Women's health should always be paramount, but unwanted pregnancies caused by irresponsibility should not be subsidised by the taxpayer.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

People Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: People Power   People Power EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 1:55 pm

Shelagh wrote:
Abortion is not a form of contraception. Too many women choose abortions for unwanted pregnancies rather than paying for contraception. Women are demanding the right to have unprotected sex, and then abortions paid for by American taxpayers. Women's health should always be paramount, but unwanted pregnancies caused by irresponsibility should not be subsidised by the taxpayer.
 I agree
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

People Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: People Power   People Power EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 3:18 pm

Abe F. March wrote:
Alice, I'm not convinced that the right to have an abortion is the prime issue, but rather protecting women's rights to decide.  It is especially important when the life of the mother is in jeopardy.  I mentioned this before and reiterate a situation that we experienced as a case in point.  My wife’s doctor told her that she should not become pregnant as it could be life-threatening.  That Doctor was in Maryland.  She was prescribed birth control pills that she took according to instructions. We subsequently moved to New York and she became pregnant.  The concern was real.  Her Doctor in Maryland encourage an abortion, however the Laws in the State of New York did not allow an abortion unless the threat of life could be proved.  The problem with coordination with her Maryland Doctor and the Doctor(s) in New York was taking much time.  In the meanwhile the fetus was growing to a point where an abortion was not a legal option.  Approval could not be obtained in time to terminate the pregnancy.  The Doctor in New York made preparations with the hospital and they had blood transfusions ready.  (My wife almost bled to death during her previous child birth.)  Our child was born in New York.  Blood transfusions were used.  It was the only birth that I personally witnessed and I was shocked when I saw our child appearing blue in color.  I feared that something was wrong with her.  I was relieved when assured that the child was okay.  More importantly, that my wife was also okay and recovering. 
The birth control pills didn’t work.  The birth of my daughter Caroline on August 15th, 1969 is a day we will always remember.  She was a special child – a child that may not have been.  She is the only one of my children that gave us grand children. 
With this experience one would think that I would be strongly opposed to abortion.  I have mixed feelings about it.  We were lucky.  If it had cost the life of my wife my attitude would be different.  I am of the opinion that the life of the mother should have priority and that the decision should be between the mother and the Doctor.  There are other situations where the consideration of abortion is warranted and that would include pregnancy due to rape.  An unwanted child is neither good for the child or the mother.
I have no problem with abortion under these circumstances.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

People Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: People Power   People Power EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 5:13 pm

Unprotected sex is not a women's issue.  It is not the woman's responsibility.  Protected sex is with a latex condom.  Men purchase them.  Men use them.  Or they refuse to use them.  I have never known a woman who said she did not want a man to protect her from sexual diseases and potential pregnancy by using a condom.  When the shoe is put where it belongs - on the man - then we will have something to talk about.

But no, they want the freedom to spread their sperm wherever they please and their progeny with no financial support or a family to grow up in.  That is not just poor men.  That is not just minority men.  That is not just men in impoverished countries.  That includes rich white men with power who seduce younger women with their power and wealth.  That includes rich white men who fly on junkets to Thailand and Eastern European countries where they can use young girls as they wish depending on which mafia they pay.

No.  It is time to stop talking about abortion and start talking about irresponsible men and the boys they do not teach to be responsible.  It is time to put contraception on television clear and legibly and as a positive example as the normal way of having sexual intercourse when one does not want the consequences.

Sexual activity is not religious.  It is the product of men lusting after women and women risking their lives with pregnancy by wanting to be loved.  What a twisted world this has become when the Christians cause so much pain by denying information to generations of youth and to programs abroad that will save young women and prevent unwanted children. 

It makes me angry that men sit in their suits and debate women's right to make their health care choices while they then go to girlie shows and solicit prostitutes or simply wield their power and wealth to get the young sexual exploits they seek. 

People like President Trump can buy beauty pageants and foreign models to fill their sexual desires.  They can pay for the consequences.  Poorer men want the same.  The human race continues because men seek to impregnate women.  Women do not go after men to impregnate them. 

In fact, today's women seek "donors" if they choose to be pregnant.  They are not using abortion as birth control.  It's pretty difficult controling birth with a 200 pound man either forcing sexual contact after seducing a woman with drink or basically raping her - you know - the old "date rape" when she "really wanted it even though she said 'no'".

No, abortion is not the issue.  Men's freedom to have sex and blame women for the consequences is the issue.  Not valuing all life is the issue - the woman's life and the lives of unwanted children languishing in foster care -

Abortion won't be an issue when men suffer social and moral consequences instead of women.  It's time to reverse the discussion and put it where it belongs - squarely on the shoulders of men to convince men to use discretion in their sexual conduct and to model for young boys and younger men the responsible way to have sexual contact that provides a woman with safety.

1.  Adults only
2.  Consenting adults only
3.  Protection with condoms (the only protection for sexually transmitted disease) - latex ones
4.  Education regarding the emotional consequences of sexual activity - not religious but emotional
5.  Education regarding the responsibilities of bringing children into the world - in other words for men to no impregnate women unless the woman is consenting and both intend to provide for the resulting child for the rest of that child's maturation.

It's time for education regarding sexual activity to be part of every day conversation, so women can protect themselves and men who are disrespectful to girls and women will the scourge of their brethren and scorned by sports enthusiasts as the scum of the earth.

It's time women stop arguing with each other about abortion and join together to pass the responsibility to the men where it belongs and for women to support each other in lobbying for women's health care and information and services affordable to all not the wealthy few.  It's time for women to support the rights of all women to make their own health decisions and not be forced to conform to the self-serving beliefs and propaganda of men.  Men who really care about women will not force their medical opinions but rather support the women in their lives to be cared for, respected and supported in their health decisions.

People in this nation are ignorant.  They get wrapped up in some religious doctrine and lose sight of reality.  Pregnancy is a natural push by men - and it keeps the human race reproducing.  However, we have a brain.  We are not animals.  We can choose our own paths in life.  Women are no longer breeding to put hands on the farm.  Men and women must let go of the "abortion" issue waste of time and energy and just get busy with men educating men.  Period.  And put the "propaganda" to work teaching men that sex is something animals do. Let men regard their colleagues who have no respect for women has the scum and intellectually bereft people they are - not slap them on the backs and congratulate them for their sexual exploits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

People Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: People Power   People Power EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 5:43 pm

Women should practise saying "no". Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

People Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: People Power   People Power EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 3:36 pm

Women have been saying "no" for decades.  At last, some "no" is resonating but not really enough.  Problem solved by my post - by putting the problem of unwanted sexual diseases and unwanted pregnancies straight on the shoulders of the cause - a man not using proper control in his exercise of sexual desires.  Period. This is a man's issue.  The woman's issue is being denied equal health care opportunities and the rights to her own medical decisions regarding her reproductive organs and choices.  That is not an abortion issue.  Abortion is not the issue.  Abortion is the "straw man" in a man's control issue and it has been for far too long whether in the hands of the almighty church or the suited legislatures.  Abortion results from men not being real men but rather succumbing to their animal instincts with zero regard for the female involved - but animals even use more care in some cases - are monogamous and care for their young.  I'm sorry I malign animals by comparing men to them.

All men?  Of course not.  The men who marched with women for the women's march are real men.  The men who mentor younger men and truly prepare them for responsible relationships with women are real men.  Men who choose to honor their marriage vows in spite of women growing older, wiser and less-controllable are real men. Men who speak up for women's rights along with human rights for all persons on this earth regardless of their different orientations - those are real men and many of them are on this very forum. Men who accept their responsibility of provision for their progeny from emotional to financial - those are real men.  Many exist.  They are not making laws to take rights away from women and deny women regardless of financial status equal access to health care.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

People Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: People Power   People Power EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 11:03 pm

It is difficult for men to discuss women’s reproductive issues.  In government men make decisions that affect women.  That has happened historically.  Religion has played a large role in men’s domination over women.  When we discuss the “old days” we are reminded that we live in a new age.  Just as some “cherry-pick” scriptures that suit there are those that politicize these same issues when it is expedient.  Trying to place responsibility on one participant in the sex act over the other is unfair.  With Planned Parenthood both partners are involved.  The unplanned parenthood is the problem.  The sex act if often spontaneous.  The sex drive is strong and caution is thrown to the wind.  The result of this spontaneous emotion is the problem.  Taking responsibility should not be one-sided.  “It takes two to tangle” is relevant.  Rape is prime exception.  There a laws to deal with rape that should be enforced.  At the same time men are often unjustly accused of rape when the act was by mutual consent.  Recently we heard about public figures who were accused of rape, i.e., Cosby and now Trump.  Are these people found guilty by public opinion or by the courts?  In my view, those who make false accusations should be prosecuted.  My comments may appear off-topic, however there is a connection. I am also of the opinion that women’s reproductive issues should be decided by women and not men.  When it comes to preventive measures, both parties are responsible with the exception noted.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

People Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: People Power   People Power EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 5:40 am

dkchristi wrote:
Women have been saying "no" for decades.  At last, some "no" is resonating but not really enough.  Problem solved by my post - by putting the problem of unwanted sexual diseases and unwanted pregnancies straight on the shoulders of the cause - a man not using proper control in his exercise of sexual desires.  Period. This is a man's issue.  The woman's issue is being denied equal health care opportunities and the rights to her own medical decisions regarding her reproductive organs and choices.  That is not an abortion issue.  Abortion is not the issue.  Abortion is the "straw man" in a man's control issue and it has been for far too long whether in the hands of the almighty church or the suited legislatures.  Abortion results from men not being real men but rather succumbing to their animal instincts with zero regard for the female involved - but animals even use more care in some cases - are monogamous and care for their young.  I'm sorry I malign animals by comparing men to them.

All men?  Of course not.  The men who marched with women for the women's march are real men.  The men who mentor younger men and truly prepare them for responsible relationships with women are real men.  Men who choose to honor their marriage vows in spite of women growing older, wiser and less-controllable are real men. Men who speak up for women's rights along with human rights for all persons on this earth regardless of their different orientations - those are real men and many of them are on this very forum. Men who accept their responsibility of provision for their progeny from emotional to financial - those are real men.  Many exist.  They are not making laws to take rights away from women and deny women regardless of financial status equal access to health care.

Which part of women saying no to men asking for unprotected sex do you not understand, DK? In the UK, dispenser machines in women's bathrooms provide women with all the protection they need, including asprin if they have a headache!

People Power 22157516769_41e15119bc_b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

People Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: People Power   People Power Empty

Back to top Go down

People Power
Page 1 of 1