Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights Empty
PostSubject: So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights   So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 8:28 am

I am ready for my Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness rights!
It is hard tp assert them in the midst of the murder and mayhem prevalent
in the states

What think you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights   So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:29 am

Sometimes life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is a selfish indulgence. When you consider that the Amish community live separately from the rest of America, abide by the same laws, and live happy and fulfilled lives, you might think that not owning guns would account for the absence of violent crime in their community. In fact, the Amish enjoy hunting and do own guns. They have a strong sense of community because their shared beliefs protect them from violence. The rest of America is a mish-mash of race, religion, beliefs, faiths and ideology. The pursuit of happiness is a personal ambition, not a collective one. There is a great deal of envy and hatred that is absent in a close knit community such as the Amish. Gun crime is part of the American culture, unfortunately. I don't see this changing.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights   So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:40 am

Sorry, but 50 people dead is a real travesty.  I am personally afraid to go out in public.  I am slow walking and if I go in a wheel chair would slow down whoever was pushing me.
Something is wrong with too many Americans.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights   So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 11:30 am

The NRA is one of the most powerful lobby groups in the U.S.  The chances of any changes to the gun culture are slim to none.  Some say a nation founded on violence lives by violence. 

It doesn't help that we have radio and television talk media that incite the anger and hate emotions and politicians that do the same.

It also doesn't help that our health system doesn't adequately provide for mental health issues and our justice system has the highest incarceration rate in the developed world.  The system has the face of fairness, but is inequitable in the distribution of its justice.

Our education system is piecemeal and inequitable. Our corporate giants protect their profits instead of investing in their employees.

Many of our inner cities are rife with poverty and gang violence that originally grew from a sense of disconnection and hopelessness.

In spite of the flaws, the U.S. is still a place where we try to fix our ills and many people find a life better than countries they left. While our social programs are cobbled, we do try to take care of those with less economic viability. 

Our war mongering and brash attitude toward the rest of the world has contributed to a world view that is often negative in countries where people are less able to find upward mobility or gain meaningful education for the masses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights   So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 12:06 pm

Are you saying that the Amish should give up their guns, Alice?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights   So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 12:10 pm

You know my feelings about guns.  You don't see mass murders with bow and arrows, knives or swords.  If they didn't manufacture assault weapons, they wouldn't be available for purchase.  Getting to the root of the problem is required and the manufacture and sale of guns are at the root of the problem.
As for the Amish, I grew up in York, Pennsylvania.  Lancaster was 30 miles away where the Amish lived.  I knew them and respected them.  The word "commune" can best describe their manner of living.  Helping one another was their strength.  I didn't know any that owned a gun, although I'm sure some did and they were used for hunting and/or for the slaughter of farm animals.  If an Amish person gave you his word, you didn't need a contract.  They are honorable people who learned how to live with others, obey the laws of the land and yet retain their cultural heritage.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights   So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 1:23 pm

I am not saying that the Amish should change anything. They are doing fine.  We are not.   We need to change something.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights   So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:02 pm

Agree Alice.  I'm also sick of the "Second Amendment" claims as justification.  For the most part it seems that those who make these claims don't understand the "Second Amendment" or have a wrong interpretation.  Interpretation of important documents used as references, i.e., the Bible is the source of much controversy that has and continues to cause problems.  Like the Bible, people tend to choose and pick what suits their agenda. 
As for the Amish, I never heard of any owning a hand gun or an assault rifle.  Guns were designed/made for the purpose of killing and killing is against their religious faith.  Killing is emphatically prohibited as stated in the Biblical Ten Commandments.  Exceptions are not listed and yet some interpret the Bible to mean:  "Thou shalt not murder" and therefore accept killing for self-defense or capital punishment as okay.  The law of the land determines how killing is interpreted - not religious laws.  Exceptions are where the laws of the land are dictated by religious philosophy.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights   So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 6:58 am

The shooter was identified as Omar Mir Seddique Mateen, a registered Democrat and Muslim from Port St. Lucie, Florida.

http://voters.findthedata.com/d/b/Omar-Mateen
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights   So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 8:35 pm

6/13

The 2nd amendment was written by our fore-fathers for a reason to protect
us against tyranny of another govt. now that I said that to get Alice & Abe out of a
nervous  breakdown, we need to ban any kind of assault weapons these are not needed
rifles for hunting would be okay but that's it.....

Cheers........Joe.......... So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights 705244
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights   So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights Empty

Back to top Go down

So,So Sick of the Second Amendment Rights
Page 1 of 1