Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The Beginnings of Stories I never Wrote

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

The Beginnings of Stories I never Wrote Empty
PostSubject: The Beginnings of Stories I never Wrote   The Beginnings of Stories I never Wrote EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Janice Bezdeck looked exactly like Dinah Shore. Janice had never heard of Dinah Shore, she had never sung a song, did not own a Chevrolet, but she did want to see the USA.
Janice was twelve years old.
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The Beginnings of Stories I never Wrote   The Beginnings of Stories I never Wrote EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 5:28 am

Keep going, Betty. I'm usually working on from eight to twelve short mysteries at the same time. They often start with no more than a title or a single sentence or paragraph. As an idea comes to mind I go back and forth until one reaches the point where I just go ahead and finish it up. I like to have a minimum of three stories in circulation at the same time and an equal number that have been purchased and are in inventory at one magazine or another. I've had stories bouncing around for as long as 25 years before finding a home. Others have been purchased in as little as nine days. Whatever, they all began as merely a title, a paragraph, or an ending without a story leading up to it. Sooner or later that story of yours will take off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Beginnings of Stories I never Wrote   The Beginnings of Stories I never Wrote EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 7:39 am

Yes, Betty, keep going. I would like to see how the Dinah Shore look-alike gets to travel the country with or without a Chevrolet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beginnings of Stories I never Wrote   The Beginnings of Stories I never Wrote Empty

Back to top Go down

The Beginnings of Stories I never Wrote
Page 1 of 1