Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Branding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Branding Empty
PostSubject: Branding   Branding EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 8:40 am

While Published Authors may not be the main generator for additional book sales, I did find that Google bots pick up many of our posts and they are often found on Page 1, depending on the topic. 

So, a word to the wise.  Big bot is watching us and what we say may be part of our branding in Google on the Internet.

Every once in awhile I remind myself and delete or change a post.  I am so accustomed to our familiar environment that sometimes I feel like we are sitting across the table chatting instead of in a very pubic environment.

When L & L Dreamspell was in operation as a publisher, we had a forum just for the authors and it became quite caring along the way.  We also had a group at Facebook, but it never caught on.  Our Yahoo group is still active and we still share our successes, concerns and needs.

Black Rose Writing uses Facebook for our publishers so that group requires Facebook membership.  However, friending every author does bring people with some strong and strongly expressed points of view - authors are like that - so I didn't friend everyone.  However, if you don't friend everyone in your facebook group, then you miss out on some postings for some reason.

It does enrich a forum to have new participants with new thoughts and ideas.  It does become comfortable to post with people who agree - and it's just one of life's natural inclinations to hang out where you feel welcome.

We have had some new people who sort of drifted away - and I miss them.  Maybe they will drift back.  There was a sort of other group for a while that I stopped into occasionally.

I am on the computer eight hours a day other than when I'm off on interviews, so posting is a relief from the required writing.  I need to get out more for just fun!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Branding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branding   Branding EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 8:43 am

I have also noticed that people seem less willing anymore to even listen or consider a different point of view.  People seem cemented to their view and any information that is different is heretical - almost like the old Puritan days when witches were hung for being different.

At the same time, we are becoming more intransigent in our views, the nation is becoming more diverse.  Are we moving backward to a tribal era because we are frightened of the reality of change? Wrong topic for this page, sorry for messing up my own thread :-(
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Branding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branding   Branding EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 2:04 pm

dkchristi wrote:
I have also noticed that people seem less willing anymore to even listen or consider a different point of view.  People seem cemented to their view and any information that is different is heretical - almost like the old Puritan days when witches were hung for being different.

At the same time, we are becoming more intransigent in our views, the nation is becoming more diverse.  Are we moving backward to a tribal era because we are frightened of the reality of change? Wrong topic for this page, sorry for messing up my own thread :-(

Good observation--wish I knew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Branding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branding   Branding EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 5:00 pm

dkchristi wrote:

Yes and yes. Today's society is less tolerant, hence the stranglehold of political correctness. Tribal politics is the flavour of the day along with body decoration (tattoos, piercings), breast implants and genital reassignment. Instead of living our lives in the bodies we were born in, the body is seen as something that can be hacked at and reshaped to suit a particular mindset. This is not progressive behaviour; it goes back to a primitive time that preceded civilisation, culture, law and order, and a structured, sophisticated society. In the modern me-me-me world, individuals demand the right to do as they please, and force the "tribe" to be accepting of everyone's individuality. Not so much "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours", more you accept me the way I want to be seen and I, in return, will accept you. That way no one has to make the effort to conform to any particular standards of behaviour and the world regresses to its former primitive state.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sponsored content

Branding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branding   Branding Empty

Back to top Go down

Branding
Page 1 of 1