Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

One North America ? Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

One North America ?  Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ? Empty
PostSubject: One North America ? Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ?   One North America ?  Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 5:47 am

7/16

If I remember correctly I believe it was President Bush the second wanted
   to make a one North America, USA + Canada + Mexico, creating one  vast North
   America with open borders and one currency , I'm surprised President Obama hasn't
   dared tried this tactic , he know's there would be a revolution in the country. First off
   we are a nation with it's own laws, currency and language , we are not Europe, I think
   when they created open borders and one currency that was a fatal mistake, England 
   refused , yes they were smart not to join ! And we as a nation would never , ever do
   this to our people....

Cheers......Joe.... One North America ?  Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ? 748523
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: One North America ? Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ?   One North America ?  Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 7:40 am

Nice, controversial topic.  Personally, I think one North America is a plausible idea with many difficulties but not totally without merit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: One North America ? Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ?   One North America ?  Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 7:52 am

7/16

It would be a fatal mistake !

Cheers..Joe... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
luigie
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
luigie

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Nigel Farage on Greece   One North America ?  Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 8:08 am

If you haven't heard the outspoken Farage on the EU, I can post more YouTube videos.
Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94UcyJnRcGU
Back to top Go down
http://www.tudor.vc/tudor/harritudur.html
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: One North America ? Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ?   One North America ?  Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 8:17 am

Joe, I don't agree with your assessment on Europe.  There is more than meets the eye.  Actually the idea of a common market – a union of countries within Europe with a common currency was brilliant.  It has worked but as with most things, it still requires some tweaking. 
Whereas Europe involves many languages and each had its own currency, it was no easy matter to conduct business or even travel from one country to another.  There were custom controls at every border and duty assessed on what you may be carrying.  Imagine each State in the US with its own currency and a different language with border controls.  Would you not want to see some unity and standardization? 
Each country had the choice to join or not.  The UK chose not to.  Those who did enjoyed more trade with their EU partners and more standardization in conducting business with a common currency.  Having been involved with international trade, I experienced transacting business in the old system and it was a nightmare.  Fluctuation on the value of currency required special provisions for any long-term transaction.  Then there was the duty on goods from one country to another.  Eliminating those hurdles saved time and money. 
Is it perfect?  No.  Can one say that things are perfect in any country? 
Sovereignty of any country is a deterrent to joining forces.  They don't want to give anything up to participate, yet want to enjoy the benefits.  In Europe, Brussels is the headquarters for the EU.  They set standards that some countries object to.  Ironing out these problems is a never ending process.  The standards cover a wide range of things.  Consider food.  Labelling that indicates the origin of the product.  That simple standard halted the spread of Horse Meat being sold as ground beef.  When there is a problem with food or consumable items, everyone is placed on the alert and action taken for correction.
Would it work in North America?  Who knows?  One would have to consider the positive benefits along with the negatives.  The first hurdle is “Change”.  Change is resisted.  They already tried to convert to the metric system and see how far that got.  I find the metric system to be more accurate and it is the system used in manufacturing processes.  When dealing internationally, a simple standard of measure is important
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: One North America ? Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ?   One North America ?  Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 11:32 am

7/16

As I said, it won't work we have our own laws, we don't need to add Canada
              and of all countries which is so corrupt Mexico, plus we have our own corrupt
              politicians especially the jack asses who are running now, just read today Hillary
              is below 50% many Democrats don't trust her, as many of them said " She Lies !"
              I still think Europe made a very sad mistake, that's why I love England...

Cheers..Joe.......... One North America ?  Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ? 748523
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: One North America ? Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ?   One North America ?  Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 11:41 am

From your comments Joe, I would suspect you might vote for Trump. 
Evil exists everwhere.  Good exists everywhere.  When you buy a package you get the entire package. 

I did not read any post on this forum suggesting one North America.  You brought it up and it was the first I ever heard of it.  Did you place credibility on anything Bush said?  I assume you are talking about GWB.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: One North America ? Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ?   One North America ?  Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 11:59 am

7/16

It was GWB the 2nd President, Itwas brought up several times during
        his reign and I was shocked that an American President would even think of such
        a thing ! That's why I got turned off to him....And as far as Hillary goes you can flush
        her right down the toilet, lier, cheat, I have a friend who was married to an FBI agent
        and they lived in Arkansas when Clinton was Gov. she can tell you stories that would
        turn your hair white.. Hillary was always the one behind Bill every time he got into 
        trouble, that's why she feels he owes her, a marriage that should have been dis-solved
        a long time ago.. Read....Here's the whole story..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Union

Cheers...Joe...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One North America ? Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ?   One North America ?  Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ? Empty

Back to top Go down

One North America ? Canada +USA+ Mexico = One ?
Page 1 of 1