Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Russia Arms Build-up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Russia Arms Build-up Empty
PostSubject: Russia Arms Build-up   Russia Arms Build-up EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 8:38 am

Threats from Russia now in the news.
Russia announced that they will build “X: number of rockets and point them at the countries that are placing armament near its borders.  NATO is placing tanks and rockets at strategic locations.  The Baltic States are fearful that Russia will overrun them.  It appears that Putin wants Russia to once again become the great Soviet Republic. Russia is suffering economically due to the sanctions placed on them for their incursion into the Ukraine. 
If you recall during the Cold War, there was an arms build-up in the West and the Soviet Union tried to match this build-up and it brought them down.  I’m thinking that the NATO buildup may be a political move to hurt Russia as they spend money they don’t have on military hardware at the expense of their own citizens and economy.  JMO.  I don't think war is on the cards.  Just saber rattling.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Russia Arms Build-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia Arms Build-up   Russia Arms Build-up EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 9:57 am

Yes, even in our own country patriotic fervor builds when we are arming ourselves.  It seems to appeal to the caveman fight or flight hormones when sabers rattle.  The leaders gain points if they can rattle the loudest - the alpha dog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com

Russia Arms Build-up
Page 1 of 1