Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

MERS Virus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

MERS Virus Empty
PostSubject: MERS Virus   MERS Virus EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 12:14 am

Much is being reported in the news about the latest virus MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrom coronavirus) and the number of reported deaths.  What I find lacking is the nature of the virus.  What are the symptoms and how is it transmitted?   I did a search on the I-Net and it appears that it is transmitted via respiratory means – coughing, sneezing, etc. It is believed to originate from camels.  The media is lacking in its reporting on how to protect oneself and how to identify the symptom.  It appears that the major focus is with people who have traveled to infected areas.  We recently experienced the EBOLA virus and the scramble to prevent the spread of the disease and work for a cure.  Shouldn’t  Media focus be on prevention rather than on the statistics of deaths?
Back to top Go down

MERS Virus
Page 1 of 1