Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe

Go down 
+5
Abe F. March
Domenic Pappalardo
Betty Fasig
dkchristi
joefrank
9 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe Empty
PostSubject: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 4:21 pm

4/3

This morning coming from the supermarket making a left turn onto a major
   roadway ( I had the green arrow for the turn,) I was hit from behind full force, thank
   God I had on my seat belt , photo of my car ...I wasn't hurt but severley shaken and 
   severly out of breath.....I took photos of the accident plus my car and his truck, his
   truck only had on the top fender a tear, that's it !!!

Joe
I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe 2004_f10[/url]
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 5:13 pm

Oh, Joe, how awful!  I've been rear-ended before and it's a shock. He was probably on his cell phone and thought you were moving faster.  So glad you are okay - and a reminder to wear seat belts all the time - I'm usually fastening mine as I approach the freeway - bells dinging.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Joe, I am glad you are ok.  I know how this scene will pass through your mind as  you are trying to go to sleep.  My best love to you, dear Joe!

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 5:27 pm

That's why cars have headrest...rear ending without a headrest could break a drivers neck. You could start hurting in a day or two. If so go see a doctor. Glad you're okay.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 7:00 pm

4/3
                   Thanks everyone, he did admit he was wrong he kept saying his inter lock
    brakes didn't work , what that is I don't know? I did report it to my insurance company
    and they at once called his ( I had all the info,) and we had a three way conference plus
    I sent photos I shot with my cell phone ( Thank God I had that with me,) so I shall see
    what happens...On Monday I have to go for a chest x ray my Dr. wants to find out what's
    causing my breathing to drop so rapidly fro 97 to 84 one day it dropped all the way to 72 !
    bad sign...I will not give in..I'm a stubborn fighter ! 

Cheers....Joe
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 10:45 pm

Being rear-ended can be serious.  Sometimes evidence of an injury is delayed.  Get a check-up not only for your personal health/safety, but also for insurances purposes.  Having photo evidence is a good thing.
Concerning seat belts, I thought it was mandatory to wear them.  Perhaps that is another thing that varies from State to State.  It has become an automatic thing with me.  As soon as I get into the car and even before starting the engine, I put on my seatbelt.  Where I live, one will be fined driving without a seatbelt.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 2:13 am

Glad you are okay, Joe! I hope the visit to the doctor goes well.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 6:43 am

4/4

Abe

Seat belts are the law across all 50 states, yes they will fine you. I always put
     it on, I have seen people without them real jerk of an idea !

Shelagh..

I had to cancel my Dr. I talked to him on the phone and he understood,
   Mon. I go for the chest X-ray he prescribed a new inhaler so far seems to work !

Cheers....Joe
Back to top Go down
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 8:27 am

Joe,

Thank God you're all right! But do follow Abe's advice. Back injuries can appear days, months or even years after an accident and adrenaline can mask injuries for the short term. Get checked out thoroughly. If your state has no fault insurance for accidents the entire cost will be paid by your insurance carrier. Rear ending someone leaves little doubt as to fault. If you do not have timely medical evidence of any trauma you will have a problem if you need to seek compensation in the future. DON'T BE A STUBBORN MAN about this. (Sorry if the statement appears sexist, but in my experience women are much more sensible about seeking medical attention and men--including this one--too often avoid seeking medical attention until it is too late for whatever reason.) be honest about any stiffness or pain in your back. And don't be afraid to consult with a lawyer in the next moth or so if back pain appears. This is one of the few areas where lawyers will give you a free consultation in hopes of representing you on a contingency fee basis for a percentage (typically 33-50%) of any settlement or verdict awarded--and no cost to you if they are unsuccessful at getting either.

I am not someone who urges people to sue. But you need to cover yourself in case what appears to be a minor injury turns into real pain down the road. Go to your doctor and have her/him order the appropriate tests to determine whether harm was done. And make sure you report ANY pain or discomfort ASAP. 

Please take care of yourself!

Last edited by Victor D. Lopez on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 8:52 am

4/3

Victor..

" Thank You ! And I will do as you say."

Cheers....Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 11:34 am

Joe,
So sorry.  Please take super  care of yourself.
Remember there is  only one of you.
I can't give you any better advice. Everyone else has said it all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:14 pm

Victor gave sound advice.  Follow it. 
I had a boat accident when I was 17.  The boat ran over me and the propeller caught my lower back. (That's a story in itself that I lived.) The doctor advised my parents to sue, but they said that "Christians don't sue."  I think they changed their attitude later in life, however still today I have problems with my lower back attributed to that accident. 
Getting a lawyer involved at this stage is a wise thing to do.  They have experience with accident victims and insurance companies.
Back to top Go down
DMPierson
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
DMPierson

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2012-07-27

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 8:18 pm

At least no one was hurt.  That's what important.  Hopefully, the person who rear ended you learns from this, and drives more carefully from now on.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 3:39 pm

Was he texting or yapping on a cell phone?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 6:22 am

4/7

Alice..

Sorry I didn't see this, from what his insurance company
said he admitted it was his fault ! I asked did they ask him how fast was he driving they 
said he wouldn't say, I think he was speeding not far behind me when he saw the light 
was going to change. Now I have to wait for this company to see my car, they come here
and look at it to see if it's driveable and to see if the under framing is intact..We'll see...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 8:50 am

Do you have a loaner car while they are thinking?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 11:41 am

Joe, I never fair well in these things.  I agree that it is one time when having an attorney represent you is wise.  The insurance companies hate it, but they are not in business to benefit you - they are in business to make a profit.  So, it's you alone against corporate legal departments whose goal is to end the settlement quick and minimal.

I'm glad you plan to heed the advice you have been given.  I have a friend who for five  years now is suffering from her rear-end similar accident with excruciating pain and it came later and seems to be incurable.  She had already settled and has no recourse but suffer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 7:46 pm

Joe, 

Are you still okay?  I hope and pray you are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe   I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe Empty

Back to top Go down

I Was In A Car Accident today.....Joe
Page 1 of 1