Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Refund for Kindle stories

Go down 
+6
Victor D. Lopez
alj
Shelagh
alice
dkchristi
Betty Fasig
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Refund for Kindle stories - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refund for Kindle stories   Refund for Kindle stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 1:03 pm

Refund for Kindle stories - Page 2 613632
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Refund for Kindle stories   Refund for Kindle stories - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 10:19 am

Authors Guild fights for writer rights.  Seems they could pursue some of these things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Refund for Kindle stories   Refund for Kindle stories - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 5:43 pm

I believe that the person who was stealing E. Don's stories is the same one who is stealing Wooffer's stories.  I will see if, by solving E. Don's problem, they have solved mine as well.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Refund for Kindle stories   Refund for Kindle stories - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 9:23 am

I hope it solves your problem too Betty. I'm like you, I'd have given them the stories. I've done that a lot in the last few years. But I don't like for someone to just steal them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Refund for Kindle stories   Refund for Kindle stories - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 10:42 pm

Cliché:  “Find a need and fill it” 
That has and continues to be a formula for success.
I have an idea that I will share with someone with the energy to pursue it.

The Need:
There are thousands of self-published authors.  There are also many thousands of authors who had their work published by POD Publishers.  These authors are all expected to promote their own work and any success is entirely their own. 
In my view, people who wrote or write a book don’t expect to sell it themselves.  They think about traditional publishers who may give a monetary advance on the book and residuals on sales.  A large part of their aspirations is eventually seeing their books in stores.

Promotion sales via the I-Net are primarily to other authors.  The author pays a fee for this service only to find that little if any sales result.  I went through that process with no success.

Readers still like to feel and touch a book before purchasing.  The cover offers the attraction for them to pick it up and then read the blurb on the back cover.  They may even read reviews on the inside cover before making a buying decision.  With the see and touch method, there is a greater chance for the book to be purchased.

It has been reported that book stores are closing.  Opening a book store does not seem to be a good idea, however having a book exposed to the public is vital.  

The idea (details confidential) is to get the books exposed to the public in a practical and profitable manner.  Supply of books are unlimited.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Moore
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Charlie Moore

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Refund for Kindle stories   Refund for Kindle stories - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 pm

Several of my short stories have also been returned for refund. Seems interesting we'd be the focus of such a target. Or is the issue larger than I assume. At first, when I noticed the refunded stories they were ones which didn't get much attention so I just assumed someone decided to try them and didn't care for them. After reading through this thread I believe something may be afoot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Refund for Kindle stories   Refund for Kindle stories - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Refund for Kindle stories
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2