Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The Plague

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

The Plague Empty
PostSubject: The Plague   The Plague EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 6:38 am

It is reported that the Plague has hit Madagascar.  It is believed that the cause is attributed to them using ancient hygiene methods, i.e., where they continue to throw their garbage out the window and into the streets.  We thought the plague was a thing of the past only to realize how it can return.  Refugees wish to stick together as a group and continue with the customs of their country of origin.  Throwing garbage out of the window is simply not acceptable or tolerated in Germany.  Orientation in the form of education is required of all refugees and asylum seekers.  If they want to live in any land, they must acclimate and adjust.  We know that disease can be carried in various forms.  The US has strict controls on agricultural products being carried or imported.  Insects can be introduced in the form of larvae clinging to fruit.  Other forms of disease can be carried by humans.  With the Ebola outbreak, we learned much about how disease can be transmitted and the incubation period required for detection.  Our history tells us about the transmission of disease by early settlers to America and how it wiped out entire tribes.  We have learned much since that time and therefore must remain on guard against the introduction and/or spread of disease.  
Polio, a disease thought to be eradicated, is said to be making a comeback. http://www.scidev.net/global/disease/multimedia/is-polio-making-a-comeback.html

I’m convinced that disease in the form of a virus is a weapon that terrorists will soon use.
Hygiene is our best form of defense and that begins with each of us.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

The Plague Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Plague   The Plague EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 8:04 am

Abe, You are so right.
Hand washing is so important
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

The Plague Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Plague   The Plague EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 12:10 pm

A friend of mine hires foreign immigrants to work in their food business.  The first two weeks on the job they do not work.  They are sent to the dentist and the physician.  They take a class by people of their own background on personal and work hygiene.  They must prove at the end of two weeks that they are hygiene ready or they do not have a job. They are paid for the first two weeks of classes. Most of the immigrants have infected teeth - and those infections spread to others and throughout the body if not attended.  People with no income do not fix their teeth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

The Plague Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Plague   The Plague EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 6:58 pm

Vaccinations are very important also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

The Plague Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Plague   The Plague EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:34 pm

For those who did much traveling in the past, they will remember having to carry a vaccination card with them.  Before anyone could board a plane for travel to a foreign country, they had to show their card.  Even when making reservations, the vaccinations required for the destination country were specified. 
I'm not sure when this requirement was suspended, however with the spread of disease as well as some past diseases reappearing, it may be a good idea to reinstate this requirement.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

The Plague Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Plague   The Plague EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 6:40 am

Unfortunately some of the most lethal diseases do not have vaccines.  Borders are artificial boundaries. Anything spread by animals pay no attention.  Air has no boundaries.  Air is found in every public conveyance and surrounds us all.  One of the worst illnesses I experienced in recent years started within 12 hours of a child sneezing in my face as I rounded an aisle in the dollar store.  I went straight home and took all precautions but children's illnesses are particularly virulent in adults.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

The Plague Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Plague   The Plague Empty

Back to top Go down

The Plague
Page 1 of 1