Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

What is Heart-centered Consciousness?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

What is Heart-centered Consciousness? Empty
PostSubject: What is Heart-centered Consciousness?   What is Heart-centered Consciousness? EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 7:31 am

Quote :
spiritualdynamics.net

The Shift To a Heart-Centered Culture

The Shift To a Heart-Centered Culture by Owen K Waters

Since the 1960s, a massive shift in consciousness has brought sweeping changes to society. Wouldn't we all like to know where this heading? And, what will tomorrow's world look like?
........ humankind is preparing for what he called a momentous leap - a mega-change within society which would dwarf all previous changes, because it would open up a whole new tier of evolutionary changes.

In 2005, I published a book called The Shift: The Revolution in Human Consciousness which pointed out that these stages of social evolution agree perfectly with the human chakra system. The key to matching these two systems lay in pointing out the little-known fact that there are two phases to each of the major chakras - a yin and a yang phase.

The yin phase is where people begin to explore the new frequency of consciousness and the expanded worldview which it offers. Then, they graduate to the yang phase, where they master the new chakra and use their new ability to create effective action which changes their world for the better.

For example, society spent much of the 20th century mastering the solar plexus chakra. This resulted in the development of intellect, along with science, technology, and all the wonderful gadgets that we enjoy today.

In the late 20th century, it became more and more obvious that many people were taking the next step and developing heart-centered consciousness. The activation of the heart chakra brings an awareness that the good of the many is an important concern and that cooperation can produce more for everyone than competition ever did.

Heart-centered consciousness brings an expanded worldview where issues like sustainability, human rights, and the freedom to develop your own potential come to the fore. These issues simply don't exist in the solar plexus world of ambitious intellect. But, in a heart-centered world, they become very much a part of the landscape..........

If this sounds like a spiritual awakening, that's because it is. The higher aspect of the heart chakra is the launching pad for an appreciation of the spiritual nature that exists behind all physical manifestation. ........Belligerence is a man-made illusion. It is a divergence from the true nature of the universe. The universe is essentially a loving and supportive place. We just have to channel that feeling of unconditional love into our lives and the world will change beyond recognition.................
See rest of Mr. Waters' article here:

http://www.spiritualdynamics.net/theshift.htm

Spiritual Dynamics Academy LLC, Delaware, USA, www.SpiritualDynamics.net

Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What is Heart-centered Consciousness?   What is Heart-centered Consciousness? EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:30 pm

Hi Anne,
I consider my consciousness is heart centered.  It is the way I look out of my eyes, through my heart.  I think that I can see some of the world view. I qualify that view with my heart's look out...if that makes any sense.  I really do not know how to see any other way. 
Having said that, I feel powerless to alter anyone else's world view, or personal view, for that matter. And I do not know how to make anyone else see my heart centered view. 
I saw this day that Billy Graham has denounced President Obama for consorting with the devil.  I do doubt that Mr. Graham ever said that, but someone thought it a good thing to put out there.  How my conscious heart can erase that, I do not know.  I wish I could.  I wish that every one who has a heart centered consciousness would say something about this piece of defamation that was put out there for everyone to believe without checking if it is true.
But, that is not going to happen. 
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What is Heart-centered Consciousness?   What is Heart-centered Consciousness? EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 pm

I feel the same way, Betty.  Checking sources and checking before repeating what has been said is important. 
Sometimes we know true from false by a feeling that is difficult to explain.  Is that heart-centered? 

We know that the opposition in whatever conflict promotes propaganda to demean the other.  When lies are repeated often enough it is believed.  We hear much propaganda against our President.  I don't buy it.  I personally believe that our President is doing his very best against an opposition determined to see him fail.  If there is a failure, the blame should be placed on those who blocked the Presidents efforts, but that will not happen.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: What is Heart-centered Consciousness?   What is Heart-centered Consciousness? EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 7:08 am

Betty Fasig wrote:
Hi Anne,
I consider my consciousness is heart centered.  It is the way I look out of my eyes, through my heart.  I think that I can see some of the world view. I qualify that view with my heart's look out...if that makes any sense.  I really do not know how to see any other way. 
Having said that, I feel powerless to alter anyone else's world view, or personal view, for that matter. And I do not know how to make anyone else see my heart centered view. 
I saw this day that Billy Graham has denounced President Obama for consorting with the devil.  I do doubt that Mr. Graham ever said that, but someone thought it a good thing to put out there.  How my conscious heart can erase that, I do not know.  I wish I could.  I wish that every one who has a heart centered consciousness would say something about this piece of defamation that was put out there for everyone to believe without checking if it is true.
But, that is not going to happen. 
Love,
Betty

I know you are heart-centered, Betty. I read it in your stories, in the posts and comments you have made here over the years, even in the threads where you remain silent.

Acting from the heart is about love. Acting from the solar plexus (the stomach or gut) is about fear, and fear makes us do un-loving things.

Earlier in some of my posts I have talked about the relatiionship between the chakras and Maslow's hierarchy of needs. It's interesting, though, that the fear can continue long after the material needs are met. Spiritual needs (not religious ones) get thwarted and the movement into love gets stymied by a fear of scarcity that causes those who have to hoard far more than they need. The insistence on conflict over what is seen as limited means creates competitiveness to acquire rather than a cooperative system of sharing. The yang of masculine aggression needs to be tempered by the yin of feminine compassion. (And masculine and feminine are not the same things as male and female, because we all share both qualities. But in male-dominated societies, the masculine traits are valued more highly and feminine traits devalued.)

Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: What is Heart-centered Consciousness?   What is Heart-centered Consciousness? EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 7:39 am

In my post, Paranoia or Pronoia? I shared another article that supported something I've said before, that we all carry the potential for evil inside us, but rather than accept it, we often project it onto others.

The article includes these statements by the author, Rob Brezsny:

Quote :
Philosopher William James proposed that if our culture ever hoped to shed the deeply ingrained habit of going to war, we'd have to create a moral equivalent. It's not enough to preach the value of peace, he said. We have to find other ways to channel our aggressive instincts in order to accomplish what war does, like stimulate political unity and build civic virtue....Each of us has the warrior energy of the planet Mars in our psychological makeup. We can't simply repress it, but must find a positive way to express it. ....

.. In his book The Thought of the Heart and the Soul of the World, psychologist James Hillman writes: "The question of evil refers primarily to the anaesthetized heart, the heart that has no reaction to what it faces, thereby turning the variegated sensuous face of the world into monotony, sameness, oneness."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is Heart-centered Consciousness?   What is Heart-centered Consciousness? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is Heart-centered Consciousness?
Page 1 of 1