Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Time for change.

Go down 
+2
dkchristi
Domenic Pappalardo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Time for change. Empty
PostSubject: Time for change.   Time for change. EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:00 pm

It’s time for America to step down, and let others share world responsibility.

Countries need to start merging. Our world can not sustain having a multitude of different countries. The fear countries have of being under the rule of others must be put aside. With the present world system, people are starving, dying in wars, losing out on education, and forced to live under governments they don’t like.

The UN was set up as a world Government…it has not, and does not work. Those in poor countries deserve to have homes, medical care, food, and education. It is not fair a worker in America should receive $47.00 per hr, and a worker in China doing the same work, make $3.00 a day. One person is no better than the other. The world must become one people, under the same laws…under one government.

I for one, would vote for Germany to lead

What say you…would you want a one world Government?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Time for change. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change.   Time for change. EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:42 pm

I agree with your world view, but not a one world government.  I do believe there should be more cooperation.  Obviously, the corporate greed in the U.S. does not set us up to lead the rest of the world in a "fairness" doctrine.  Even in our own U.S. there is major disparity among states in the pay grades, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Time for change. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change.   Time for change. EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:04 am

I have never read anywhere that the UN was set up as a world government.  Where did you get this information, Domenic?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Time for change. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change.   Time for change. EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 4:40 am

Why would anyone, except a fascist, want Germany to lead the world? We have the Commonwealth already in existence, who needs Germany?

The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 53 independent countries.  

It is home to 2.2 billion citizens and over 60% of these are under the age of 30. The Commonwealth includes some of the world’s largest, smallest, richest and poorest countries, spanning five regions. Thirty-two of its members are small states, many of them island nations.

The Commonwealth’s guiding principles are in its Charter

Commonwealth policies are shaped by member countries, who have an equal say on decisions affecting them. Commonwealth organisations put these decisions and plans into action.

http://thecommonwealth.org/

The United Kingdom separated from the New World and left the United States of America to become the multi-cultural society it is today. Long after the split, the Commonwealth of countries under British rule continued to expand without USA as a member country. The Commonwealth grew in size and member countries, gave back independence to member countries that wished to remain part of the Commonwealth, and became a tremendous organisation for helping poor countries to trade with the rest of the world and better themselves. Meanwhile, the United States added a couple of States and remained isolated from the rest of the world.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Time for change. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change.   Time for change. EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 5:50 am

I think that many Americans would like to see more countries step up and take a portion of the responsibility for world leadership.  From an outsider's perspective, I would say that Great Britain has done more than any other European country, and agree that the Commonwealth is a good model.  I'm not sure I agree with the US being isolationist, though.  It seems to me that we are, if anything, overinvolved, and looked to for help, and then blamed if and when things go wrong.

The larger an entity is, the more cumbersone it becomes, the more difficult it is to recognize and honor diversity, for everyone to have a voice and be heard, and to see to it that individual human rights are recognized and met.  But the decision was made early on that we would be a united group of states under a common leadership, and that is where we are. The responsibility of our federal government is huge, and its inevitable mistakes are magnified.  Citizens complain if they feel their rights are being taken away, but then complain even louder if their needs are not being met.

Separate nations do not have to be enemies, do not have to be in competition with one another, or do battle over boundaries. That, to me, is 19th century, Imperialistic thinking.  There are no new worlds to conquer.  We have not only encircled the globe in a physical sense, modern technology now allows instant communication.  We have the means to get to know each other better, and that knowledge can increase our understanding, broaden our worldviews, and encourage us to reach out when a hand is needed.  Increased communication will help to lessen our fears, and we can become friends who appreciate our differences as we see how much we are alike, after all.  Unity in diversity is not the same as one government in control of all.  That can only lead to more despotism.

It isn't a single government that is needed.  It is a change of heart that recognizes the value of the other as being equal to ourselves, as individuals and as nations.

Just my thoughts
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Time for change. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change.   Time for change. EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:33 am

Time for change. 950944
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Time for change. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change.   Time for change. EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 7:42 am

Abe, after WW1, the winners set up, “The League of Nations.” This did not last, and it seems to have just died. After WW2, the winners again set up the League of Nations, as the, “United Nations.” I’m not for the things Hitler did in his 12 years, but his goal was to make the world under one government, ending wars, hunger, and all the other problems. Hitler did not run everything in the Nazi Party. There were others who had much power, and they did very bad things with that power.

I look to past history to see future events. If countries start doing the same things those of the past did, they will fall into the same traps.

Here is an example: China;

Because China exports more than any other country, people think China is getting rich. That is not true. The profit margin is very small. It is almost impossible for those who want to start a business in China to get bank loans. So the government set up it’s own loan agency. This has backfired on the Chinese economy. The results being, the government owns most of the business in China. The Chinese business people, like Americans, charge the government $98 for a single screw.

Here is a clear picture of China today…1/3rd of the population is over the work age. These the government must care for. Within the next five years, this figure will double. These figures come from China. The amount of money they now spend on building their armed forces, will have to be used to build, and maintain care housing, feeding, and medical for those above work age. China predicts their population will top that of India within ten years. For every five males born, only three females are born…which means two out of every five men will not be able to have a wife. You get a large number f men without women, and you have crime.

Here in the USA, we have pollution in our water, dirt, and air from China. So how do you stop the Chinese from doing this? They don’t have the money to change things. China is not the rich power people think it is. China will not become the ninth world power. America has gone broke in it’s effort to control how other countries think. Russia was not the only country to lose the cold war, America also lost.

There are bad time coming, because people don’t learn from the past.

This world needs a one world Government, be it a good one, or a bad one. If things don’t change within a few years, we will destroy the human race. Everybody has the bomb, and they all have their finger on the little red button. The human family has to grow up,
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Time for change. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change.   Time for change. EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 10:53 am

I prefer diversity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Time for change. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change.   Time for change. EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 12:08 pm

I heard an interesting hypothesis. That the world operates in seasons. We are now in winter - but the spring is on the horizon in about seven years.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Time for change. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change.   Time for change. EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:50 am

If I like/love a country and that country is seen as fascist by some, does that make me a fascist?

Been doing much reading about history.  What we have learned in our schools and from public opinion cannot be taken as absolute truth.  Some of our history has been distorted by the winners to justify their acts.  To dwell on the injustices of the past, however, clouds our view of injustices happening in the present. 

Unfortunately, people are identified by the policies of the country where they reside.  I look forward to the day when I can become a "Citizen of the World" with ties to no nationality.  I don't want to be "Jack in the Box".
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Time for change. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change.   Time for change. EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 5:16 am

My opening paragraph for my article on sacred marriage for the Joesph Campbell Foundation started with this statement and question:
It was in The Inner Reaches of Outer Space that Joseph Campbell asked the question: “What is the new mythology to be, the mythology of this unified earth as one harmonious whole?”

I think that maybe we will have to come to the realization that our old mythologies are no longer relevant, and that is not an easy thing to do.  Even when we intellectually see that the old answers aren't working, and consciously reject to old patterns, there is a residue that still shapes many of our values.

It takes a willingness to do some soul searching to find out how we really feel and think, and which of our notions about the way things and people ought to be are still based on an old and outdated reality.

We can only begin with ourselves.  Once we accept ourselves as individuals, we can reach out - once we can "Take the planks from our own eyes," we can "see more clearly to help our brothers."

At that point, we can embrace diversity, and see those "brothers" as fellow members of the Universe.  We won't need a single government, because we will naturally choose to live in peace with our neighbors, and allow them to do the same.

Just me again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Time for change. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change.   Time for change. EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:15 am

On another planet. Our species is too warr minded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time for change. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change.   Time for change. Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for change.
Page 1 of 1