Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Top Five things people regret on their deathbed

Go down 
+5
Al Stevens
alj
cjt
Shelagh
Abe F. March
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Top Five things people regret on their deathbed Empty
PostSubject: Top Five things people regret on their deathbed   Top Five things people regret on their deathbed EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 10:06 am

http://www.karenstan.net/2013/11/11/nurse-reveals-top-5-regrets-people-make-deathbed/
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Top Five things people regret on their deathbed   Top Five things people regret on their deathbed EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 12:09 pm

This is a cheery thought, Abe.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
cjt
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
cjt

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2013-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Top Five things people regret on their deathbed   Top Five things people regret on their deathbed EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 12:28 pm

Life is too short to worry about regrets. Live and be happy!
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Top Five things people regret on their deathbed   Top Five things people regret on their deathbed EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 12:49 pm

"If you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. Follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be.”
Joseph Campbell
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Top Five things people regret on their deathbed   Top Five things people regret on their deathbed EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:35 pm

Old saying: Nobody ever said on their deathbed, "I wish I'd spent more time at the office."
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Top Five things people regret on their deathbed   Top Five things people regret on their deathbed EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 2:59 pm

I already know I spent too much time at the office.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Charlie Moore
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Charlie Moore

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Top Five things people regret on their deathbed   Top Five things people regret on their deathbed EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 9:18 pm

The fact that I could have done better.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Top Five things people regret on their deathbed   Top Five things people regret on their deathbed EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 9:41 pm

If I compiled a list of, "What I would do different"...the word count would be over two million. I think in the end we come out the same.

What about you Abe...what would you have done different?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Top Five things people regret on their deathbed   Top Five things people regret on their deathbed EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 9:54 pm

11/16/2013

As Edith Piaf said in her song:

" Non Je Regrette Riven"  ( I regret Nothing )

Cheers..Joe.............Very Happy

Last edited by joefrank on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Top Five things people regret on their deathbed   Top Five things people regret on their deathbed EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 9:54 pm

What would I have done different?  Telling people I love them.  For some reason that is very difficult for me to say.  If/when I say it, I truly mean it.  Problem is, I don't say it often enough.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Top Five things people regret on their deathbed   Top Five things people regret on their deathbed EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 5:19 am

Greek Scriptures show four different types of love.

The Greek words for ‘love’

There were at least four different Greek words that we translate as the English word ‘love’. This variety actually helps us in the work of translation because each of the four different Greek words carries a slightly different definition from the other three.
I think like most of us Abe, we show love without knowing it. With only one word for love, it could leave us with the feeling, “We don’t express it that much.” Understanding that there are different types of love, shows we do express love in more ways than one.
I also build these different types of loves into my characters when I write.

This makes it a little clearer as to what the original means. These words were:

STORGE: This is the type of love signifying the natural affection between kinfolk. This word appears only occasionally in the New Testament and only in compound form.

PHILEO: This Greek word for love signifies, “…spontaneous natural affection, with more feeling than reason” (Elwell, p. 1357). Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance defines phileo as, “to be a friend to…fond of an individual or object; having affection for (as denoting attachment); a matter of sentiment or feeling”.

AGAPE: This Greek word for love is by far the one that appears most frequently in the New Testament. It is, “…generally assumed to mean moral goodwill which proceeds from esteem, principle, or duty, rather than attraction or charm… [it] means to love the undeserving, despite disappointment and rejection…Though agape has more to do with moral principle than with inclination or liking, it never means the cold religious kindness shown from duty alone, as scriptural examples abundantly prove”

EROS: this Greek word was not used in the New Testament. It refers to sexual love and probably derived its name from the mythical god of love.

Jesus said to, “AGAPE your enemy,” which means, “I don’t like my enemy. Want nothing to do with them, but, I won’t hurt them, and yes, I will even help them,”
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Top Five things people regret on their deathbed   Top Five things people regret on their deathbed EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 7:06 am

Interesting definitions, Domenic.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Top Five things people regret on their deathbed   Top Five things people regret on their deathbed EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 8:30 am

I should have held together my first marriage, but it would have taken a spirit of forgiveness that I did not possess at the time.  His life and my own would have been more productive and better for our son.  One cannot, however, put today's reasoning power into the past as a judge to say "I should have."  The person in the past was someone else who made the best decisions at the time with the information at hand.

I can only make the best decisions for today, and that's a challenge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Top Five things people regret on their deathbed   Top Five things people regret on their deathbed EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 9:07 am

Full reasonability for what we have done, is the water for growth. I carry a short list of “Key buttons,” I to defuse. True they come from who I was, but who I was, is still me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Five things people regret on their deathbed   Top Five things people regret on their deathbed Empty

Back to top Go down

Top Five things people regret on their deathbed
Page 1 of 1