Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?

Go down 
+3
Don Stephens
cjt
joefrank
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? Empty
PostSubject: ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?                 ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 5:45 pm

11/9/2013

Is everyone ready for Christmas ?

Cheers..Joe..              ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? 845458 

ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? Night_10
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
cjt
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
cjt

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2013-11-08

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?                 ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 5:57 pm

No. Not even past Thanksgiving yet.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?                 ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:19 pm

11/9/2013

I have to get ready very busy schedule.

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cjt
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
cjt

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2013-11-08

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?                 ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm

It looks beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?                 ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:29 pm

What's to get ready?
I get up on 12/25 and wish Jesus a Happy Birthday and keep on - keepin on
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?                 ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 8:00 pm

11/9/2013

Don..

Love Ya ! great attitude...Bless You and your family.

Cheers..Joe..              ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? 356119
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?                 ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 11:34 pm

Good attitude, Don.  Selecting a day to celebrate a past event gives it attention.  Unfortunately, many holidays are for time off from work, good eats, presents and the reunion of family.  All good things prompted by an event that has lost its significance. JMO.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?                 ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 5:20 am

I never begin the decorating or shopping until after Thanksgiving. For me, starting too early makes the season less special. This year I will be going, once again, to Dave's father-in-law's vacation beach home on NC's outer banks The last time I was there was 2010. There was a freak snowstorm that hit the whole east coast that year. It was my one and only ever White Christmas One was enough, I think. The snow was so heavy the airport closed down, and when it reopened, I was rerouted through O'Hare somehow, and from there to Houston before I could get back here to SA. It was a harrowing day, but once home, was forgotten because of the warm memories of the spirit that was so present. Neither Lyn nor her dad practice Judaism, but there is always a bit of Hanukkah worked into the celebrations, to honor their history.

It isn't so much about decorations, other than a tree. It's more about being together and sharing the time. And Jaycie will be almost five, and old enough to be aware of what it's all about.

The spirit of the Holiday Season is a thing of the heart, a time for honoring old traditions, retelling old stories, and simply being together. The Schraer's beach house is perfect for the holiday. The nearest town is called Duck, and it has a special Christmas store, with trees, decorations, and special gifts, including antiques - little antiques, like teapots and old kitchen gadgets from an earlier time. It was Lyn's mom's favorite place. That's another good thing - Beverly's spirit is always there, in the air. She loved Christmas so much, in a joyful but quiet and reverent way.

I will miss Lynn and Chris's Christmas Eve Tamale dinner, the one time each year I actually visit with my ex and his family. It's a special night when we set aside the old "stuff" and just enjoy catching up, but spending time with Jaycie and her parents and Popop will be special, too.

I'm looking forward to the time.

So, as the weatherman on our local ABC news always says during the season, Happy Christmahanakkwanzika, everyone.

Annie

Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?                 ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 5:59 am

My best Christmas celebrations were in Germany.  Period.  One was a magical time in Butzbach and the other in Wiesbaden.  Nothing else ever compared for the simplicity and warmth in my own family and with others.

In recent years I spend Christmas day driving from Michigan to Florida.  Little traffic for which I am always grateful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?                 ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 6:36 am

Christmas is a time that brings back memories of my childhood.  There was always snow and then there was the visit of my Aunt in the One Horse Open Sleigh.  The horse had a harness with bells attached and when the horse trotted they jingled.  The Song, "Jingle Bells" revives that memory. 
We kids went with out Dad into the Forest to cut the Christmas Tree.  Dragging it home in the snow was fun and then Mom always had Hot Chocolate waiting for us.  Presents were meager, but thoughtful.  We got what we needed and always a little something of what we wanted, provided it was affordable.  We sang carols when the tree was decorated.  Those are lasting memories.
Today, we enjoy the local Christmas activities, as DK referenced.  The Christmas Markt is special and difficult to describe.  It must be experienced.

Whatever the festivities and although early, I trust all will have a very happy Christmas with family and/or friends.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?                 ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 10:07 am

Our tree will be up a short time this year.  Walking Baby would just pull it down. 
I will let her play with the Santa dolls though.  The tree will go up the 17th and come down before the 31st.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?                 ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 3:48 pm

11/11/2013

Here's a beautiful gift to give anyone for Christmas,
                         a Christmas Cactus..

ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? New_ca10

Cheers..Joe..              ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? 631765
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?                 ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 4:27 pm

alice wrote:
Our tree will be up a short time this year.  Walking Baby would just pull it down. 
I will let her play with the Santa dolls though.  The tree will go up the 17th and come down before the 31st.
My brother and sister-in-law had a cool solution when Luke was a baby. They put the tree in his playpen.

Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?                 ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 5:00 pm

alj wrote:
alice wrote:
My  brother and sister-in-law had a cool solution when Luke was a baby. They put the tree in his playpen.

Ann, Clever folks.

Joe,  Your tree is spectacular as usual.  Good job.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?                 ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:24 pm

This year will be our first without kids for 42 years.  We will do exactly as we please.
We will ear PUMPKIN PIE! Our kids don't like it--we love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?                 ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ? Empty

Back to top Go down

ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: