Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ?

Go down 
+2
alj
joefrank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ? Empty
PostSubject: SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ?   SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 4:41 pm

10/2/2013

Should Macy*s be open on Thanksgiving so people can go
                  Christmas shopping ? I say " NO !" When is it going to stop?
                  People do have lives and families. I always remembered for
                  years stores were closed on Thanksgiving and people shopped
                   the day after, retail has become so greedy ! That's why I shop
                   before the holidays, having worked in retail for 34 years I know
                   the hardship of scheduling, it's a horror, you don't have a life..

Cheers.......Joe.........Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ?   SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Another horror?

If you keep looking for them, they will find you. Look for beauty and peace and they will find you, too. Which would you rather ezperience?
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ?   SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 5:24 pm

Dear Joe,
I do not pay attention to things like Macy's being open or not on Thanksgiving Day.  I have no idea if Macy's is even close to me.  If they were open, it would not matter to me.  The People who would shop on Thanksgiving day and need somewhere to go because they do not have family that is making the traditional feast may need that kind of comfort.  I believe that is so for many people. 
Holidays are not always joyous, and people do not always have loving family and friends and the best of the hoopla of the season.  Sometimes, it is just another day to get through knowing that the rest of the world is going on holiday and having a feast and there they are all alone.

Prayers do not work on that day.  Tomorrow is a new day...that belief is what carries on.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ?   SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 5:35 pm

10/2/2013

The reason I brought this up is I worked retail, so I know the horrors
                  of working on holidays and at times dealing with difficult people, many
                  people treat retail people like they were a mop, trust me I have seen
                  this. Now that I don't work and retired I treat sales people the way I
                  would want to be treated with kindness...

Cheers....Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ?   SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 5:44 pm

Dear Joe,
So do I, and I respect you for the kindness you have always shown.   Your art shows the respect you have for the human-ness in people.  You are one of a kind, for sure.    Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ?   SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 6:00 pm

10/2/2013

Betty..

A big " KISS" for you !

Love Joe......Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ?   SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 10:41 pm

It doesn't matter if it is Macy's or any other store.  The employees are required to sacrifice their holiday.  Stores can shut down for the holiday.  They think that they will lose money to stores that remain open.  When all are required to shut down, no one loses.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ?   SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ? EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Macy's must make money by being open on Thanksgiving.  If you  don't like them being open, don't go shopping that day.  I don't like black Friday and don't go, my mother -in-law loves it and  waits all year for it.  Each to their own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ?   SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ? EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 4:39 pm

While I remember with fondness all the closed stores for holidays in countries in which I have lived and traveled, I accept that my world of memory is not the world of reality today.   What I see as greed and inconsideration is just doing business.  Christian holidays on which many of the store closings were based are but a drop in the world's religious milieu.  I've shopped in many foreign markets that never heard of a holiday and the sellers, practically part of the goods they sell, are there seven days a week from sun up to sun down. 

I'm learning more and more to appreciate my little place of paradise with its swamp and Gulf and mostly good weather and let the rest of the world go by...well, almost.  I still want gun control, a raise in the minimum wage, freedom for women to seek their own health solutions, more women in political office, and enforcement of laws regarding discrimination in the workplace and the voting place - to name a few places I still complain.  I'm also an advocate of universal healthcare and hold in little regard those who already have adequate health insurance that would deny it to the multitudes who have none - and as a weapon at this late date with three years to make their fixes and voice their complaints. Off the box and back to serenity....
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ?   SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ? EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 11:58 pm

A Christian Nation, eh?  No work on the Sabbath ignored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ?   SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ? Empty

Back to top Go down

SHOULD MACY*S BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING ?
Page 1 of 1