Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.

Go down 
+7
alj
dmondeo
LC
Shelagh
alice
James
Abe F. March
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. Empty
PostSubject: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:18 am

Robin calls a meeting of his merry men. At the meeting he announces that he intends to help King Richard escape from captivity and take his rightful place on his throne. Prince John is trying to have the King killed and become king himself.

Since the King does not know Robin Hood, Robin needs someone who can vouch for him. He tells his merrymen that he will take Maid Marion with him to vouch for his good intentions. The Merrymen laugh good naturedly, making snide remarks about the adventure. Robin ignores the remarks, although they were more true than he himself would admit. His attraction to Maid Marion was real, but wanted that to be kept secret. How will he get Maid Marion to accompany him?

The cast (which may change as the story unfolds):

Robinhood Abe
Maid Marion Shelagh
King Richard Al
Prince John DT
Maids-in waiting Alice, Ann, Helen
Eleanor of Aquitaine LC
Wise Woman DK
Free-spirit of the forest JoElle
Soothsayer Rhett
Maid Marian's mom Betty
Friar Tuck David
Sheriff of Nottingham zizban
Little John Joe
Sourcerer Abdul
Wise old owl: goblin
S. of N. guard James
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2010-10-14

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:23 am

King Richard Al ??

Is that a good choice for a King! Al's posts are typically laced with insult

Al Stevens
Quote :
This horse hockey has gone altogether too far.

Al Stevens
Quote :
This crap circle discussion is someone's personal circle jerk. I strongly suggest to the members here that we stop feeding the troll

Wouldn't a King be more respectful?

James
/

Last edited by James on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

Maid Marion accompanies the troops carrying a load of gold seized from the local farmers as taxes. Robinhood and his men attack the carriage and tke the gold. Robin also takes Maid Marion from the carriage and places her on his horse.
"Hang on dear lady, I'll take you to a safe place."
"What are you doing? Why have you robbed the King's gold?" she asks.
"I intend to return it to the farmers who have suffered enough under Prince John's rule. King Richard would not have treated his subjects in this manner. I intend to bring King Richard home. Will you help me?"
(Reply by Maid Marion (Shelagh)
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:41 am

I, Alice, a lady in waiting along with Ann and Helen are accompanying the beautiful, Maid Marion on her journey. She requested our services.

After all, she will need her hair and nails done so she will be gorgeous at all times.

Helen will fix her hair, Ann her nails and I will launder and refresh her clothes.

Last edited by alice on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:52 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:41 am

"My lord, I do not understand. I know the king is estanged from this dear land but I am but a mere maid. He would never listen to me." Maid Marian replied to Robin of Locksley. "Who was that rough man who accosted you as we mounted your horse? What does he want, and why did he speak out against King Richard?"

"He is one of the Sheriff of Nottingham's guards. Be wary of him. He will try to mislead you."

"How so, my lord?"

"Don't worry about him. For now, you are safe with me ..."
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:46 am

Maid Marion, You are so well-spoken. We honor you.

Here is a bag of dark chocolates for you to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:51 am

Robin leads the men who take the carriage and follow to a secluded spot in the forest.
"We will have a party to celebrate. From this day forth, we will protect the downtrodden and fight against tyrany. I aslk the good Pryor to give his blessing on our quest. I also ask the fair Maiden to accompany me on a journey to free our good King. What say ye, dear lady?"
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:58 am

Maid Marion, Answer as you wish-- we, your maidens will support you no matter what.

Last edited by alice on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 11:00 am

"A party? My dress is so dowdy. My hair needs to be dressed and I broke a nail as I climbed onto your horse," the maid replied. "But, all is not lost, my lord. My faithful and most trusted maid, Alice, has brought chocolates. We could share them among the poor and downtrodden. Let them eat chocolates say I, my lord."

"Of course, dear maiden," Robin said as he beckoned Little John to his side.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 11:04 am

Robin, Please give us an approximate location for tonights lodging. I need to get sumptuous pillows and linens for Maid Marion.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 11:10 am

Shelagh wrote:
"A party? My dress is so dowdy. My hair needs to be dressed and I broke a nail as I climbed onto your horse," the maid replied. "But, all is not lost, my lord. My faithful and most trusted maid, Alice, has brought chocolates. We could share them among the poor and downtrodden. Let them eat chocolates say I, my lord."

"Of course, dear maiden," Robin said as he beckoned Little John to his side.

If only Helen and Ann would show! Well, I will fix everything. I, Alice, am now a temporary hairdresser, nailfixer and dress refresher.

I will even add a fancy necklace to Maid Marion's outfit.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 11:35 am

The hair was very difficult to arrange. I washed it in a mud puddle, dried it with a leaf and combed it with a devils club. The outcome was spectacular.

The broken nail was very sore and swollen. I soaked her hand in Epson salts and hot water. It is much better now.

The dress is quite dazzling with the simple addition of the 18 K gold necklace.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 11:56 am

LittleJohn was not little. He was a big man and therefore Robin began calling him, Big John.
"Big John. Take the chest from the carriage and open it."
Big JOhn did as he was told. He pulled the chest from the carriage in one swift movement, and placed in on a mound of earth. He then took his rod and pried the lock open. He lifted the lid and exclaimed, "Robin, See what treasure we have."
Robin came quickly and after seeing the contents, selected a bracelet that he offered to Maid Marion. "Take this bracelet, Lady Marion, and wear it as a symbol of our quest."
"And your quest is?"
"To return King Richard to the throne and to free the downtrodden. The treasures in this chest will be returned to those from which it was taken. Or should I say, stolen."
"But, Sir Robin, are you not stealing it from Prince John?"
"I do not believe that returning stolen property is stealing. The only thing lacking is to punish those who stole it in the first place."
"So, Sir Robin, you do not intend to keep the treasure for yourself?"
"Not at all. It is not ours to keep. I will use what I need to feed our people, and that includes the King's deer. We take only what we need. And now a feast to celebrate our good fortune is appropriate. Please join us in this celebration, Fair Lady."
Lady Marion's eyes sparkled in the firelight. Her hand maidens surrounded her and were delighted to see her happy. Alice said, "dear lady, me thinks Sir Robin has taken a fancy to you. Do you not think he is handsome?"
Maid Marion replies..."
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 12:23 pm

"Yes, handsome, indeed, Alice. He also cares about the poor and downtrodden. But I don't understand why it is right to steal from the rich when the poor are full of chocolates. Oh, well, I won't dwell on it. I must say, dear Alice, your hairdressing skills are very fine. My swollen finger is better for your attention and the necklace around my neck is exquisite ..."

"Is there something bothering you, my lady?" Alice said.

"I am afraid there is ..."
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 12:43 pm

What is bothering you now? I hope it has nothing to do with my care of you. Under the circumstances, with no help I am hardput to do any better.

I will, however, continue to try to make you comfortable.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 1:04 pm

Keep a look out, 20 donkeys are coming laden with soft mattresses for you to sleep upon.

Only the finest for you.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 1:38 pm

"You are most attentive and loyal and I value you highly. The thing that bothers me will have to wait. Tomorrow is another day and those soft mattresses look so inviting ..."

"Not so fast, my lady," Robin interrupted. "Before you retire to your chamber, I must beg you to have supper with me. There is much to discuss and we need to make an early start in the morn. We will be long gone by the time our enemies awake. My merry men have plied the Sheriff's men with ale. They will sleep like lambs tonight."

"I will sup with you, my lord, but only for one more hour and then I must take my rest."
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 1:45 pm

One more hour! Very well I will have time to assemble the mattresses and make the beds with the fine Egyptian cotton sheets from Harrod's. Also will have a second to plump the 15 pillows.

Last edited by alice on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 1:47 pm

Oops, the goose down quilt fell in the mud. Ann will take care of it--I hope!

If she doesn't come, I have a plan...
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:18 pm

Phooey, Ann did not come so I sneaked into a farmhouse and traded quilts with them! I put their dog in the house, so they would think it made the muddy mess.

Just doing my best!

Last edited by alice on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:19 pm

"PLease try this Ale, Me Lady."
"Are you trying to get me drunk?"
"Not at all. I thought it may help you sleep and in the morn, you will be more agreeable."
"What will I need to agree to?"
"You will agree to follow my lead and my diredtion. Getting by the guards may require some devious means, and I trust you will not object to any means necessary to achieve our objective. It may require charm and persuasion. I expect you can use your womanly charms, if needed."
"You think I have womanly charms?"
"I'm thinking you do, you have charmed me."
"Don't get any false notions."
"I am a gentleman."
"It's good to know you're gentle, but you're still a man."
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Poor Maid Marion tossed and turned all night, freaking out over the MAN!
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:42 pm

( Laughing ) "Alice, Alice, are you there dear Alice."

"Yes, my lady. I've milked the cow, done all the ironing, fed all the donkeys and made your breakfast. Is there anything more you require?"

"No thank you, Alice. My, what a splendid spread you have laid out. There is enough food here to feed an army!"

"I thought you looked a bit peeky last night so I killed the fatted sow -- I know how much you enjoy crispy bacon with your eggs sunny side up."

Maid Marian was about to take a seat at the dining table when the door flew open and in walked ...

Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:46 pm

an irate farmer with a muddy quilt. "How dast you?" he roared. "Is that my sow you are devouring too?"

Last edited by alice on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:47 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. Janitor_light_angry_d976b6ba01

Last edited by Shelagh on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.   An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood. Empty

Back to top Go down

An adventure with the Merry Folk of Sherwood.
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next