Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!

Go down 
+5
LC
alice
dkchristi
Abe F. March
joefrank
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:30 pm

... and contact your congressperson

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 2:40 pm

7/11/2011

The clock is ticking ! Time is running out !

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Contact the congressmen while you're nice and mellow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:45 pm

7/11/2011

I'm too fired up ! I'll wait to see what stupid plan
they come up with ?

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:25 pm

According that radio station (Fox 92.5) the two parties are as follows: President Obama seeks to raise taxes on everyone so he can build government bigger and bigger to implement his Marx plan. He has no interest in job creation and his policies are written to prevent corporations from having success so they can then create jobs. Everything President Obama does is pro-taxes; pro-big government; anti- corporations and anti-jobs. He wants to end the wars because he is not a patriot.

Republicans are the real patriots who don't want to cut the military spending as the troops need the money. They want no taxes on anyone and no changes to current corporate subsidies and tax breaks. Corporations need their profits to create jobs. This is not the time to raise taxes on the wealthy or anyone else. They are the only ones interested in forcing the government to be small enough to live within the current revenues received. If people are suffering, let them pull themselves up. It's time to stop living on borrowed money. The only way to live within the existing revenues and not tax the wealthy like the President desires is to make deep cuts in all services to those who receive them. Cutting services allows cutting jobs. Thus governmetn will be smaller and less expensive.

Of course,r corporations have had the entire President Obama administration to create jobs. The only ones creating jobs are the rescues of the automotive industry that worked. The rest of the corporations are holding onto the profits they are not paying out in exhorbitant bonuses.

President Obama is attempting to bring the existing tax code into fairness. The middle and underclasses don't have the ability to partake of tax loopholes. They average 35% income tax with a few dependent deductions. Corporations are averaging 15% if they pay any taxes at all, their profits protected by loopholes and overseas hideaways. They are padded with subsidies. All President Obama has asked is to reduce oil and gas subsidies, farm subsidies to corporate giants, and bring the wealthiest citizens into at a minimum the same tax bracket as the poorest. He is not raising taxes, he is trying to straighten out the excesses to corporations and wealthy leftover from the Bush administration.

Cutting government jobs during this high unemployment with no other jobs available is plain stupid. More people not paying taxes. More people needing government services. Now is the time to create "make work" jobs so people are employed and paying taxes and not on the government dole and perhaps learning skills that lead to a real job. Corporations should be creating off-shoot businesses and releasing their funds to hire people - they are - overseas.\\

My carpool buddy said today he's not voting for President Obama because he took too many trips across the globe and took too many vacations. So did his wife. Yep, that's a real sound reason. His hair is already gray enough. I hope he takes more vacations. He's a great ambassador to the world, especially as a black man/white man in the parts of the world where the populations are not white./ He was elected to heal the wounds cut in our global relations - and he's done pretty well except for things remaining from wars he inherited.

The republicans are the anti party. The country is not their interest; their interest is re-election and throwing out President Obama. They are not statesmen and women; their one goal is to regain the presidency so they can maintain the lack of regulations for their businesses and industries that allow insane profits with no obligation to the country.

I did appreciate the Ryan budget. It was detailed. It represented his views. It was a jumping off place. However, with 14 million unemployed,many are 62 years and older. Thank God for social security and medicare or many would have no income, no health care and a short life. To live,they would be a burden on the health care system. Current government services are needed for the unemployed. Now is not the time to cut services. Only people who have never hurt from unemployment, lack of food for their family, no roof over their heads and sickness they have no insurance to treat could be so cold and not bring taxes on the wealthiest citizens and corporations into line and leave services alone.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:22 pm

7/12/2011

I read an article awhile back in the 1950's the highest
bracket was 80% yes 80% now I know why the old time
movie stars were paid by the week, can you imagine
making $100,000- and only getting $20,000- I think that
was a disgrace....

Cheers...Joe
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Good post DK.

First Epistle to Timothy in the New Testament (1 Timothy 6:10), which contains the phrase, "The love of money is a root of all kinds of evil"

Many in Europe are in mourning over America. The America they knew was a beacon to the world. So what happened?
America was industrious and inventive. It was also a country that instituted programs to care for its citizens. America was always there to help other nations who suffered from poverty, famine and disasters. America responded militarily to preserve peace and to fight against tyrany. She was a beacon of light. When did the light begin to dim? Is the light going out?

This morning I heard a Republican talking about the current financial crisis where he used the popular line that Obama wants to hurt the job givers, yet they have not provided any examples of rich people or companies providing jobs. What does the word "Entitlement" mean? The dictionary says, "a just claim". What happened to justice and equality?

Has American become a country of the rich, by the rich and for the rich?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:26 am

Joe, the people in that highest bracket were making a whole lot more than $100,000 a year. It was more like keeping two million out of ten, and that two million, in the 1950's was worth many times what it is today.

And the high salaries paid to individuals who are not part of the corporate structure are not the problem even today so much as the entities themselves and their top executives.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:37 am

DK wrote:

Quote :
Only people who have never hurt from unemployment, lack of food for
their family, no roof over their heads and sickness they have no
insurance to treat could be so cold and not bring taxes on the
wealthiest citizens and corporations into line and leave services alone.

I agree, DK. I would add that it should not be required to have suffered through these extremes for enough compassion to develop in a person that they want to help. These extremely wealthy people and institutions have cut themselves off from the rest of the world. The growing custom of gated communities that allow the wealthier citizens to lock themselves away from the rest of the country are a sign of that callousness. Their walled off communities and private schools allow them to ignore reality and repress their natural feelings.

Ann
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:00 am

It's been enlightening to listen to FOX stations. They take a statement like the taxes of the 1950's and then say to the people with some snide way of referring the the President that his goal is to tax the people like that. Then all the people look at their meager take home pay and add more fear to their already fear ridden lives.

Listening to the FOX channels really helps me understand how the people are duped by the wealthy and corporate interests First, the ads they can afford. Second, the commentators they pay. But it's pitiful that they are duped by outright lies. In fact, it reminds me a lot of bullying. In junior high school, the kids would pick someone to bully just to make themselves look better. They would say terrible thing that were not true; but they were said often enough that the other kids believed it and shunned the bullied person.

In fear, we have become a nation of lemmings. As Ann so correctly pointed out in a different way, it's not the taxation but rather the net income that contributes to our quality of life. As corporate profits and executive salaries have risen, worker income and salaries have fallen. Let that register a while. No matter how how the common man works, his family is receiving a lesser quality of life than previous generations working equally as hard. On the other hand, corporate executives and wealthy individuals are living even better than ever before, a lot of their money spent abroad on investments in other countries. Yet, they are taxed less. They are taxed less than ever before and taxed less than the common working person who has no loophole or tax shelter benefits. It is so clear to me.

However, if you are listening daily to the dribble on FOX stations, carefully and with great psychological planning, your reality becomes twisted by the name calling and hate mongering that is encouraged. Those calling in to the programs are even worse. People on the edge of desperation are directed to one man, President Obama, as the cause of their woes, and they don't have the sophistication to recognize the careful mind twisting that this constant drumming causes. They teach a mantra that is repeated over and over until those who believe repeat the same words they have heard.

My friend goes to the market and the prices of food are higher. Gas prices are higher. She waits in line anywhere. Her medicare doesn't pay for a prescription medication. All the normal life experiences. They are caused by: "Obamacare has ruined the health system and now I can't even get a prescription filled." "Obama won't release the gas and oil reserves (although he did) and now prices are skyrocketing. Instead he wants to spend money on public transportation and alternative energy, pie in the sky." "If all the illegal immigrants didn't use the free health care, I wouldn't be standing in line." "Obama helped the illegals but he does nothing for me." "Look at me, I've never used any social services. Why should I pay more taxes to help people who should help themselves."

She never talked like that until the last few years since the hate talk became commonplace on the airwaves. Of course, she listens to FOX all day long. She has become a hateful person in her talk. I know burried under all the sound bites is still my loving friend who does care about other people and who can think rationally. In many of her remarks is an undercurrent of prejudice toward a president that doesn't look like her. Yet, I never saw that side of her before.

These are difficult times for most of the nation. Not for the the corporate giants and wealthiest who have other choices besides food pantries and homeless shelters - and the people there had good jobs and nice little families. But both jobs disappeared and they lost their homes and the ability to pay for shelter. If they don't have family to move in with (which many people have done), they have nothing. They were not lazy. They worked hard. They sent their sons and daughters to war because it was the only way they could afford an education. They supported their community churches and charities. They contributed to the landfall profits of the major banks, corporations and their executives, shareholders and boards of directors. They paid their taxes, a much higher percentage of their net income and a bigger slice of their quality of life.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:04 am

You are so right Ann. When I lived in foreign countries of haves and have nots, they also built walls and hired security guards for their walled communities. The walls had glass in the morter and barbed wire at the top to keep desperate people from scaling them.

I live in one of the few little communities around here that actually have real streets. However, during the boom, huge gated developments sprang up all around. On my street, common people live on the block leading tot he cul de sac and millionaires live in the four homes on the river at the cul de sac. They have a lot of trees and long driveways and I don't know them. However, it makes for an interesting street. We have a mixture of nationalities, ages, workers and retirees. It's comfortable. When people come to visit me, I don't have to give them a code.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:10 am

7/13/2011

Just heard some horrifying news ! The claim that if
the Govt., doesn't raise the debt ceiling, Social Security
checks won't be mailed ! Why should older people pay for
the government' stupidity !!!!

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:24 am

Joe, where did you hear this news?

Ann
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:29 am

7/13/2011

On the radio news, 10 minutes ago.I don't think
they would dare use Social Security as a pawn
to make a point ! There would be a revolution..
There are over 40 million seniors, as part of the
group I would be pissed............

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:38 am

Joe, pissed is too mild a term. I too depend on the SS check for survival.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 11:18 am

7/13/2011

It was just announced on CNN in an interview with Obama,
read on.........Seniors Will Not Be Able To Get SS If Debt Deal
doesn't go through ! SENIORS ! UNITE...READY FOR A FIGHT !

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/07/12/7068367-if-no-deal-by-aug-2-obama-cant-guarantee-social-security-checks-will-go-out
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Joe's news is right. I've heard the clip of Obama saying that for the past couple of hours.

But calling a spade a spade, everyone has to understand it is the idiot tea baggers that are trying to hold seniors and everyone else hostage. They say they won't budge on the tax rollbacks, and I think if their stance shuts down the government, or causes a lot of seniors to not get their SS check, then the tea bag idiots should be charged with treason, and stood up against the wall.

This is one time where the Democrats have proposed many very reasonable solutions, and are getting nothing but NO from the Republicans.

Thinking it's about time to take up arms and actually march on Washington.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:13 pm

E.Don,

Have you written to Boehener?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:18 pm

We are writers,
Why not make use of our pens instead of resorting to guns?
Just an idea!
I asked if anyone had written to their congressperson--no answer so I deleted the thread.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:30 pm

7/13/2011

FAX ! PHONE CALLS ! TO YOUR CONGRESSMEN,
TELL THEM IF THIS HAPPENS THERE WILL BE 40
MILLION SENIORS MARCHING ON WASHINGTON !

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Joe,

Right on! Overwhelm them with facts.

Say you want tax increases for the rich people.

No cuts for SS or Medicare

Tell them you want tax loopholes closed and taxes owed collected.
Let your voice be heard.
Now!!!!
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Thanks, Joe. I found the news report. It's unconscionable that the Republicans are refusing to place higher taxes on the same groups that benefited from the Bush-era cuts, for old debts that were created during that administration.

On the same page, much like a situation I mentioned yesterday, and related to the latest comments on Alice's FOX thread, the news report re the debt situation is being beaten out of the lead by people eager to read about the stars of "Happy Days" lawsuit against CBS.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/12/happy.days.lawsuit/index.html?hpt=hp_p1&iref=NS1

I am going to say more about this on the Fox thread.

Ann
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:59 pm

Before we grab our guns and start marching, why don't we keep watching and listening and communicating. We are getting this information instantly, thanks to the internet. That's a good thing. I agree with Alice. With our internet access, we have the means to respond quickly with our words.

Ann
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:33 pm

National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 572534 National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 78793 National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 986286
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:31 pm

E. Don Harpe wrote:
Joe's news is right. I've heard the clip of Obama saying that for the past couple of hours.

But calling a spade a spade, everyone has to understand it is the idiot tea baggers that are trying to hold seniors and everyone else hostage. They say they won't budge on the tax rollbacks, and I think if their stance shuts down the government, or causes a lot of seniors to not get their SS check, then the tea bag idiots should be charged with treason, and stood up against the wall.

This is one time where the Democrats have proposed many very reasonable solutions, and are getting nothing but NO from the Republicans.

Thinking it's about time to take up arms and actually march on Washington.

I agree Don. It's time to take a stand. I think the march on Washington should be done in battle gear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!   National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

National Debt-This is how the deal will work be prepared...!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next