Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Mel's Forum?

Go down 
+10
fleamailman
Al Stevens
E. Don Harpe
Betty Fasig
joefrank
Shelagh
dkchristi
LC
alj
alice
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
lyntx
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-10-27

Mel's Forum? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mel's Forum?   Mel's Forum? - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:50 pm

I'm a her, Joe.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Mel's Forum?   Mel's Forum? - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:00 pm

2/27/2011

Oooooops , Sorry....I never met you before.

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
lyntx
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mel's Forum?   Mel's Forum? - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:20 pm

Thats ok. Very Happy I love your artwork. Youre very talented.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Mel's Forum?   Mel's Forum? - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:22 pm

2/27/2011

Lynn..

" Thank You," I try....

Cheers..Joe... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Mel's Forum?   Mel's Forum? - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:40 pm

lyntx wrote:
Ann, all I know is what I see right here on this forum. What youve done in the past is the past. I don't think your misunderstood or anything else. You state your opnions, and as Alice said, everyone is entitled to them. You have a snobbishness about commerical fiction, well, I have a snobbishness about certain other things, but I wouldn't go among people that like those things and put them down by action or words, then hollar I've been misunderstood.

As I said before, your supposed to be a writer. If your not understood, then write better.

Yet you go among people who love Ann and put her down? Come on!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
lyntx
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mel's Forum?   Mel's Forum? - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:21 pm

Im only responding to her putdowns against something I love, so why is that my crime? Shes allowed to say anything and if I dont like it, I'm wrong?

I thought I was going to learn from writers, writers that were wordly and believed in writing, no matter if its com or literary. Clearly, if you support someone who looks down her nose at a form of writing, I dont belong.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Mel's Forum?   Mel's Forum? - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:39 pm

lyntex,

I have not accused you of a crime. There is no crime in an argument.
Let's be accurate here.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Mel's Forum?   Mel's Forum? - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:49 pm

I will no longer respond to this thread.

Why? It is far off topic and I am bewildered by it.

No offense to anyone.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Mel's Forum?   Mel's Forum? - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:35 pm

"...well it's no wonder I remain anonymous on forumland..." voiced the goblin again, somehow breakfast was no longer that casual newspaper-read over toast and coffee that it had once been, where even the television too, seems so contrived to skip over the important factors in life, as to hardly seemed worth watching now, yes, oil had peaked, and yes, america was never going to leave iraq while the remaining oil supply would either go to the highest bidder or to those firmly in place there, moreover, everyone knew that the dollar's debt of trillions was insurmountable now, so the goblin just said "...it's all just borrowed time isn't it, where everything you see and everywhere you look is all fossilfuel based products, so within this context then, can one seriously be arguing here about whether one genre of book is more important than another, while we're soon reaching seven billion people on our planet now, and where most agriculture is fossilfuel dependent, the fertilizer from natural gas, transportation, etc., so now, with this in mind and with a writing ability less than those around me here, you tell me what I really should be using my pen for..."

Mel's Forum? - Page 5 4-2-2_03_hunger_buchenwald

Last edited by fleamailman on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Mel's Forum?   Mel's Forum? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 3:58 am

Yes, Goblin, there are far more important worldly issues to argue over than your favourite reading matter. There is plenty choice out there for readers to like and dislike. Readers and writers alike should be able to say what they like and what they don't like. It will be a sorry day indeed when people are no longer allowed to crticise literature.

(There's a lot of liking in the above paragraph!) Editors nightmare!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Mel's Forum?   Mel's Forum? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:42 am

What's schlock, what's not? What is formula writing in fiction?

Virtually all fiction has some kind of formula. Beginning-middle-end. That's a formula. Kurt Vonnegut was able to write without using one. Not many others can or could. The value is in the quality of the writing, and that's a subjective measure, too, with a built-in contradiction. If your writing appeals to most people, it is considered to be of lower quality than that written on a higher plane. But wait. Steinbeck appeals to most people. Hemingway. Hammet.

That was then. Art has a way of descending, depending on your perspective, over time from Beethoven to Madonna, from Monet to Warhol, from Dickens to Patterson. The elitism index is a constantly sliding pointer, shifted by the whims of the mass consumer and the weight of the masses.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Mel's Forum?   Mel's Forum? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 11:12 am

2/27/2011

You say " Tomatoe, " I say " Tomato," Let's call
Let's call the whole thing off....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Mel's Forum?   Mel's Forum? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:05 pm

I still think Dr. Seuss is one of the most brilliant authors around.

And he never used vulgar language.

My favorite book, and I just bought a copy for my godson, is the Sesame Street Little Golden Book "The Monster at the End of this Book".

I doubt anyone here (me included) could write a better classic than that.

So there!!!

ps - JoeFrank, my avatar is in love with your avatar.
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Mel's Forum?   Mel's Forum? - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:34 am

.... and now my avatar is brokenhearted. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mel's Forum?   Mel's Forum? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mel's Forum?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5