Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The truth about Crop Circles

Go down 
+6
alj
Betty Fasig
Shelagh
alice
Al Stevens
James
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 4:38 pm

James wrote:

Page 1)
Quote :
If academic science does not wish or incapable explain phenomenon of nature, in media it phenomenon of nature usually is declared as a hoax or result action of extraterrestrials.

The media has very successfully are creating the opinion, according which the grounded answering to mystery the "Crop circles" in that, all of "Crop circles" are or the result of hoaxes (human) - " pranks
/
/
... and your point is?
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2010-10-14

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 4:45 pm

Shelagh
Quote :
... and your point is?
The statements were in the article that you endorsed and my point was clearly stated

Quote :
The problem is that the media keeps the hype going.

james
/
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:33 am

So was this:
Over time, artists can create the mechanism for the creation of man-made pictures “Crop circles” , in which nodes of stalks of lodging plants will have the elongated and bended nodes, swelling nodes and expulsions cavities in the shell nodes.

So the author here is admiting that it is possible for man to produce these results hmmmm.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:51 am

Nataliya and Anatoliy Solodovnik are Latvian researchers. Their interests lie in rock formations and CO2 emissions. They are particularly interested in mysterious occurences. This is their website:

http://www.nyos.lv/?l=2&m=1&c=&p=

If it doesn't appear in English, there is a link, top right, to load the page in English.

I am not endorsing this website. You can take from it what you will.

At the bottom of the page, the researchers suggest that the emissions resulting from breaches in the underlying strata of chalk cause the crop circles. From their research, the pictures formed are much like snowflakes and can be very complex:

"The Structure of trajectory of breaching in monolith of the chalk corresponds to the structure algebraic fractals."

This article shows over eighty pages of computer-generated patterns that the researchers say result from trajectories of the breaching of the chalk (quick view):

Google Document
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:42 am

James wrote:
Crop Circles are as real as water; and anyone saying differently is not being truthful! In fact it is orthodox greed that has prevented us from enjoying them

Nor was there ever a fake one; and anyone saying differently is not being truthful!

James you are wrong there are fakes:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/unexplained-phenomena/crop-circle5.htm

You state that there was never ever a fake Circle do you also believe no one can fake a ten dollar bill?
The world is full of fakes. The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 29701
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 7:36 am

dmondeo, there is a sanctity in terms that we must observe least we lose meaning in conversation. There are man made attempts to replicate Crop Circles but we cannot call them by that name. We can call them man made circles, as they are different - because they have none of the characteristics.

You ask, can we fake a ten dollar bill?

Sure - but can we cash it? You maybe but not me, thank you very much

James
/
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 7:44 am

Semantics! Now I get it! lol!

It seems to me we agreed long ago. We are thrashing a dead horse.
What are we trying to accomplish here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 7:53 am

alice
Quote :
Semantics! Now I get it!

James) I don't think so! As an author I'd have thought you would defend the sanctity of the word.

What after all is the purpose of a dictionary?

/.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:05 am

James wrote:
alice
Quote :
Semantics! Now I get it!

James) I don't think so! As an author I'd have thought you would defend the sanctity of the word.

What after all is the purpose of a dictionary?

/.

Words are based on perceptions, James - like everything else. Different people place different meanings on the words they hear or read.

I agree with Alice. This is a [semantically speaking] dead horse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:16 am

alj
Quote :
Different people place different meanings on the words they hear or read.

James) Okay and what meaning do you put to this : "Stop putting rocks in the pathway and learn what is being presented here!"

After all your host has endorsed it, via the website she posted!
http://admin.nyos.era.lv/doc/engl_main_crop_circles.pdf

James
/
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:26 am

Post a picture of a genuine circle.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:26 am

James,

I can only assume by your constant referencing the fact that I somehow endorsed a PDF to which I added a link that you want me to remove it to prove that I don't, in fact, endorse it. Then we will have another thirteen pages of discussion about how I withdrew my endorsement! Alice is correct; this is semantics. I did not endorse (your word) the PDF or its contents. I said "all the facts are there" -- as many as you would need to know. I did not say one way or the other whether these facts were accurate.

dmondeo wrote:
Post a picture of a genuine circle.
Yes, please do. Along with evidence to prove that it is a genuine circle.
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:51 am

dmondeo - The individual features of a Formation are too small to be picked up by a camera unless the cameraperson is trying to pick up some detail. But if you’ll look closely at this photo you will see the characteristic weaving and interlocking, and you’ll see the nodes are deformed biologically (that is to say they are not broken)
/
The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 Cropcirclesm
]/
The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 Crop-circles-1
/
The caption reads: She examined the formation and found it to a beautiful, perfectly executed authenthic (ie not man-made) formation, and explained to the Parker family that they should not harvest it the next day as planned, but that they should leave it to be studied by other experts. She then reported the formation to several research organizations in the US and England, and within days news of the crop circle had spread worldwide, with researchers and curious onlookers coming to observe and experience this wonderful "temporary temple", as Dr. Hill calls the formations. Press coverage has extended even to CNN , as well as to radio and newspapers all over the world.

James
/
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:11 am

Shelagh
Quote :
I did not endorse (your word) the PDF or its contents
James) When someone posts a statement like you did, that carries with it the import that you read it (i.e., all the facts are there) - and you expected others to follow your lead - hence you endorsed the facts as being correctly represented. As it turned out the article agreed with everything I said

You said and I believed you
Quote :
The article is a translation so it isn't easy to read but all the facts are there.

James
/
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:33 am

James
/

Who cares about CNN? You said they were misleading. Sleep

Last edited by alice on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:36 am

James wrote:
Press coverage has extended even to CNN , as well as to radio and newspapers all over the world.

James
/
CNN? Therein lies the tale.

I most certainly do not endorse Morningstar Productions:

http://www.drpatriciahill.com/crops/index.htm

Last edited by Shelagh on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:40 am

The top photo is not a natural occurance it is intelligently authored.

The second picture shows what? You can't see the nodes in detail.

The interlaced stalks can be formed like that by anyone. Circle makers can show you how to do it without breaking the stalks.

Show me a so called genuine circle.
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:41 am

CNN that's Circle Network News right?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am

dmondeo wrote:
CNN that's Circle Network News right?

I love it! Good thinking.

Last edited by alice on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:42 am

Al Stevens wrote:
This horse hockey has gone altogether too far. The core of a spark plug, the center electrode, is a low-resistance conductor. A weed or corn stalk or whatever has almost infinite resistance. Ohm's law: E=IR. For the kind of conductivity it would take to pass sufficent current (I) from the tip of a high impedence (R) plant to ground to change the plant, you'd need so much potential (E) that the plant would burn up (P), as in P=IE. Which is what happens when lightning strikes trees. Big old trees. Much sturdier than the plants in a bean field. It takes lots of energy, which is heat, which burns whatever it touches.

The ET alien explanation would make more sense than this magnetic field silliness if we didn't already know that people are doing it. They have demonstrated it in a TV documentary, which seems to be getting ignored here. No mystery. People with ropes, stakes, boards, and too much time on their hands.

So far, we haven't overturned the laws of physics in the interest of witchcraft and mythology.

I hear the Twilight Zone theme music in the background. Do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do.

This crap circle discussion is someone's personal circle jerk. I strongly suggest to the members here that we stop feeding the troll. He's laughing at us behind our backs. Or in front of our fronts. Or somewhere. Ignore him. He'll go back under the bridge. Or perhaps he'll take his computer to a crop circle and degauss the hard drive.

We should have followed his advice. This was back on page six. We'd have saved ourselves a lot of vexation. Mark my words, he will have a rebuttal, I will not answer. I will let him have the last word.

I admit I began ignorant and remain ignorant-- so be it.
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 9:06 am

Authors all - a five year old child could walk you through a circle and enlighten you - I cannot imagine the willingness (as some display) to reduce oneself to an intelligence level below a child’s. dmondeo wanted to see the altered nodes - here are the altered nodes.

They are present in Circle Formations, with dust devils, with wind blown wheat along the road side, and can be produced in the microwave. The interwoven character will be found in every square foot of a circle that covers acres and acres. They are so tightly interlocked that one must lift one group before you can lift another. There are three (3) photos here - I've even counted them for you to make it easy!
The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 Ed2

The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 Crop-circles-1

The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 Scopewood2
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 9:50 am

Al Stevens (amid all manner of insults) wants you to believe ::
Quote :
A weed or corn stalk or whatever has almost infinite resistance. Ohm's law: E=IR. For the kind of conductivity it would take to pass sufficent current (I) from the tip of a high impedence (R) plant to ground to change the plant, you'd need so much potential (E) that the plant would burn up (P), as in P=IE. Which is what happens when lightning strikes trees. Big old trees. Much sturdier than the plants in a bean field. It takes lots of energy, which is heat, which burns whatever it touches.
However a better source disagrees with Al Stevens

reference page 20
Quote :
Electromagnetic radiation that occurs in rocks in the formation of cracks, can have an impact on all biological objects that are in the area of its operation.

PLEASE NOTE (quote him if you will but Al Stevens gave you a nonsensical equation for direct current :: Ohm's law: E=IR) read his quote above - but Circle Formations respond to Electromagnetic radiation - not Al Stevens DC current

Ohms Law. I = E/R or R = E/I or E = IR. DC. or Direct Current is one that the current always flows in one direction.
http://masterslic.tripod.com/olcalculator.html

James
/
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 3:31 am

Dust devils are not artistic sentient entities.
Lightning or electrical energy could not make the intricate patterns in the fields that are pictured unless intelligently authored. A single solitary circle would be more suited to your theory.
But an intricate geometrical pattern such as those pictured? No they are likely authored by man, terrestial or other origin.

Wind does not gust about forming intricate pictures whatever you say.
Pictorial Crop circles only seem to be a recent phenomenon, if nature were the cause surely history would have recorded this phenomenon and we would have studied this at school.
Again James your photos are not real evidence and could easily be faked.
This whole subject just goes round in circles, surprise surprise.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:38 am

In August 2001, an Extraterrestrial face and a message crop circle appeared. Almost a year later to the day, the same crop circle was formed in a wheat field in Crabwood, Hampshire UK on August 15, 2002 and had an Extraterrestrial face with a binary coded disk message. The late Paul Vigay decoded the binary coded message on the disc.
When the message was decoded it read:

Beware of bearers of false gifts and broken promises.
Much pain but there is still time.
Believe.
There is still good out there.
We oppose the deceivers.
Conduit is closing.

1,331,460,000 Chinese in the world and aliens communicate in English. Amazing!
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:46 am

Are there crop circles in China? I'm asking a serious question.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The truth about Crop Circles   The truth about Crop Circles - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The truth about Crop Circles
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next