Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE

Go down 
+5
Shelagh
Abe F. March
dkchristi
alice
joefrank
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE Empty
PostSubject: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:35 pm

8/3/2010

Just found out PA has raised book prices with
huge increases, no one is going to pay these
prices ! Check out the page here..

http://www.publishamerica.net/sc/productsearch.cgi?storeid=*24adc608a4d4335a1575c341fbaf7811634e6084

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:38 pm

8/3/2010

Now here's Amazon's prices for my books

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=joseph+baraba&ih=12_0_0_0_0_0_1_0_0_1.109_213&fsc=-1&x=10&y=18

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Or they lowered them to $9.95. I wish they would give me back my buy button on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Joe, that's part of the price shuffle they have been using to sell books to authors. If you buy xxx softcovers at a discount that triggers them to print $9.95 paperbacks. If you don't, the softcovers go up in price.

The best bet with any PA book is an ebook at a small press or at smashwords. But maybe they aren't giving ebook rights back so quickly as when I received mine. I'm also hoping for an audio book.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:54 pm

DK,

Do you have your rights back?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:14 pm

8/3/2010

I own the E Book rights to two of my books.
I asking them politely at first for the E Book
rights to my other two books. My books
aren't in the 9.95 level they never asked me.

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:31 pm

They made me buy two books to get my price down.
Either that or they would raise it by $5.00.

I call that pressure tactics in the extreme.
I don't mind an offer, but don't like extortion or coercion.

Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:45 am

I have my ebook and audio rights (audio was always mine); I asked for the ebook rights back in 2007 before they started all this high pressure sales stuff. I imagine the economy has hurt them also (authors aren't buying books automatically they are so thrilled to be published - buying books is a luxury in a down economy). It's only a little longer for the print rights; I can wait. I need to break it into two novels, anyway and can spend this time on a rewrite for the re-release.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:30 am

An interesting book would be a lisitng of their email offers.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:42 am

Alice - that would be great! Just copy their emails into one of those blog books and post it at smashwords - you may have a best selling ebook....
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:06 pm

Dare me?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:18 pm

Absolutely! Do you have all of them? You'll need to be prepared to start with Vol. I and then have Vol. II; while you are loading it to Smashwords there will be at least 14 more offers for the next volume....
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:19 pm

Name it, "The Hook." Ore we could have a contest for the best name.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:21 pm

DK,
you issued a challenge to Alice. PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE 293992
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:16 pm

8/3/1020

Alice..

Here's a good name :

" By Hook Or Crook "

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:50 pm

BY HOOK OR CROOK
PUBLISHAMERICA’S EXTRA-ORDINARY
MARKETING EFFORTS

JULY 24TH TO THE PRESENT

To: "a crooker"
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 2:00:20 PM
Subject: PublishAmerica: Buy One at Half Off, get TWO FREE!

Dear Author:
Here's a one-time deal you don't want to miss!
Authors who want copies of their book on hand are now given 50 pct discount on all orders. Plus this:
We will TRIPLE all orders. Buy one book, get TWO FREE.
Example: If you purchase 20 books, we will send you 40 EXTRA for FREE, for a total of 60 books. If you purchase 35 books, we will send you 70 EXTRA for FREE, for a total of 105 books, etc.
Phone orders only, at 301 695 1707, between 9am - 5pm EST. Please note that this ordering line will be terminated soon. Minimum order volume 20 copies. Orders between 11-19 copies qualify for "buy one, get one free". Hardcovers, largeprint, and full-color books are excluded. Special sales code: Triple. Offer expires Friday, July 31.
Don't want to use the phone? Our online bookstore still sells your book for only $6.99*. Go tell your fans and friends! No minimum purchase necessary. Offer valid for online purchases only, expires July 31. Go to www.publishamerica.com/shopping, type in your book title, and see for yourself.
*Selected titles sell for $8.99
Thank you,

PublishAmerica Author Support Team

Sent: Monday, August 3, 2009 6:42:54 AM
Subject: PublishAmerica Pays Extra Royalties

Dear Author:

August is royalty month. The semi-annual fun of tabulating the sales has begun! Expect all royalty statements to go out by August 31.

Attention: If you have moved locations, this is the time to let us know your address change. Royalty checks will go to the mailing addresses we had on file August 1, but we are giving you three more days to update your records. Please forward your new mailing address no later than this Wednesday by midnight, to support@publishamerica.com .

On that note, here's a royal special offer:

Authors who want copies of their book on hand are now given 55 pct discount on all orders. Plus we will pay royalties on those purchases!

Phone orders only, at 301 695 1707, between 9am - 5pm EST. Please note that this ordering line will be terminated soon. Minimum order volume to qualify for the discount; 11 copies; minimum order for discount plus royalties: 19 copies. Hardcovers and full-color books are included, largeprint books are excluded. Special sales code: Royale. Offer expires Friday, August 7.

Thank you,

Sent: Wednesday, August 5, 2009 6:59:25 AM
Subject: PublishAmerica: Our Hardcovers

Dear Author:

Two months ago we introduced what no publisher in the history of book publishing has done before: making almost 40,000 titles available in hardcover.

Your reactions exceeded our wildest expectations. Within hours we received more than five thousand messages of support. And within days we were processing orders for almost triple that number of hardcover books.

Each hardcover book is bound manually. With so many orders to process, it took us a while to produce, in part because we also allowed text changes to be made -- an offer many hundreds of authors took us up on; it took extra time, we hired extra staff.

By now most orders have shipped to thousands of authors and other readers, and many have expressed their delight at the high quality of their hardcover book. This makes us proud!

Thank you for having made us experts in hardcover book production. Today our turnaround time is down to normal. We can now fulfill hardcover orders within the timeframe that we promise for our softcovers.

During the first introductory month we sold our hardcovers at the same list price as our softcovers. Since then there has been a price difference of an average $5.

But wait a minute!

Today you can secure these beautiful, high quality hardcovers for only $9.95! They'll ship fast. In fact, you may request FREE RUSH SHIPPING for all hardcover orders of 11 copies or more. You will only be charged for regular shipping, and PublishAmerica will pay the 2-day shipping surcharge!

Phone orders only, at 301 695 1707, between 9am - 5pm EST. Please note that this ordering line will be terminated soon. Minimum order is 9 books. Largeprint and full-color books are excluded. Free rush shipping within USA only. Two-day delivery upon your order coming off the binder. Special sales code: Pulitzer. Offer to expire without advance notice. And please note: this week you will earn royalties on your phone order!

Don't want to use the phone? Our online bookstore also sells your book at a super discount. Go tell your fans and friends! Go to www.publishamerica.com/shopping, type in your book title, and see for yourself.

Thank you,

Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 11:12:38 AM
Subject: PublishAmerica: All-You-Can-Read For FREE!

Dear Author:
Here's our now-or-never offer for authors who are in constant need of books on hand. Offer expires tomorrow, Friday!
Obtain as many books as you need during your lifetime
for a one-time fee of only $699*.
Whether you choose to keep 100 books on hand during your lifetime, or 1000, or 10,000, you only pay the one-time fee when you order the first time. After that, you only pay for s&h: All-You-Can-Read for FREE. Stated otherwise: you only pay an incredibly low amount per book when you order today or tomorrow, and get all future books you want for absolutely FREE.
Phone orders only, at 301 695 1707, between 9am - 5pm EST. Max. order volume per month is 100 books, softcovers only. Special sales code: Life. Be very quick: Offer expires tomorrow, Friday, August 14.
*Fee amount applies to most titles; adjusted on selected titles. Offer covers lifetime of your book's contract.

Thank you,

Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 7:01:20 PM
Subject: Thank You

Dear Author,
Thank you!
PublishAmerica has been around now for almost 10 years; our anniversary is coming up soon! Thank you for helping us serve you and almost 40,000 other talented authors. This has been a Big decade! It has been a decade of tens of thousands of dreams that have come true, including yours, and our own. We wanted to publish America, and that's precisely what we are doing. Thank you. We built it, you came.
Thanks to you and your tens of thousands of peers PublishAmerica has grown into the world's biggest and fastest growing no-cost, low-barrier traditional publishing house. At zero expense to the author, we are releasing a new book every sixteen minutes, more than ever before in our ten years!
Every week more than 150 new authors are joining your ranks, close to eight thousand per year. Every month more than 250 PublishAmerica authors ask us to also publish their next book, two thousand second-book authors just in the first seven months of this year alone. These are stunning numbers in our industry. For one reason only: because you have made this publishing house. We built it, but you made it.
Thank you for having written such a wide variety of quality works of fiction and non-fiction. Many sell like hot cakes! Hardcover orders keep going through the roof. This year, more than two thousand bookstores are hosting events for PublishAmerica authors. A million books have been sold to bookstores.
Thank you!
During the next three days, we're giving away 10 hardcover books, for FREE, to authors who want to have extra books on hand.
Those who order 20 or more softcovers will receive a 50 pct discount, plus those 10 hardcovers for free. Orders of 30 softcovers receive 15 hardcovers for free, 40 softcovers get 20 hardcovers for free, etc.
Phone orders only, at 301 695 1707, between 9am - 5pm EST. Sorry, full-color books are excluded. Special sales code: Thanks. Be very quick: Offer expires this Wednesday, August 26.

Your PublishAmerica Author Support Team

----- Forwarded Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 7:01:20 PM
Subject: Thank You

Dear Author,
Thank you!
PublishAmerica has been around now for almost 10 years; our anniversary is coming up soon! Thank you for helping us serve you and almost 40,000 other talented authors. This has been a Big decade! It has been a decade of tens of thousands of dreams that have come true, including yours, and our own. We wanted to publish America, and that's precisely what we are doing. Thank you. We built it, you came.
Thanks to you and your tens of thousands of peers PublishAmerica has grown into the world's biggest and fastest growing no-cost, low-barrier traditional publishing house. At zero expense to the author, we are releasing a new book every sixteen minutes, more than ever before in our ten years!
Every week more than 150 new authors are joining your ranks, close to eight thousand per year. Every month more than 250 PublishAmerica authors ask us to also publish their next book, two thousand second-book authors just in the first seven months of this year alone. These are stunning numbers in our industry. For one reason only: because you have made this publishing house. We built it, but you made it.
Thank you for having written such a wide variety of quality works of fiction and non-fiction. Many sell like hot cakes! Hardcover orders keep going through the roof. This year, more than two thousand bookstores are hosting events for PublishAmerica authors. A million books have been sold to bookstores.
Thank you!
During the next three days, we're giving away 10 hardcover books, for FREE, to authors who want to have extra books on hand.
Those who order 20 or more softcovers will receive a 50 pct discount, plus those 10 hardcovers for free. Orders of 30 softcovers receive 15 hardcovers for free, 40 softcovers get 20 hardcovers for free, etc.
Phone orders only, at 301 695 1707, between 9am - 5pm EST. Sorry, full-color books are excluded. Special sales code: Thanks. Be very quick: Offer expires this Wednesday, August 26.

Your PublishAmerica Author Support Team

HOW'S THIS FOR A BEGINNING? PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE 798629 PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE 798629 PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE 798629

Last edited by alice on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:49 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:36 pm

This is the first month. It gets better.

How many will buy it for $99.99?

You have until 4:00PM to order after that the price will incease by the minute.
$5.00 PER MINUTE

IF YOU DON'T ORDER--FEAR NOT--I WILL SHIP A COMPLIMENTARY COPY FOR ONLY $.00.PLUS $500.00 SHIPPING.

Last edited by alice on Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:04 pm

8/4/2010

Alice..

You go.. I like " By Hook Or Crook "
very catchy and people will wonder what
it's about..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Joe,,

I will split the proceeds with you. You thought of the name.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:19 pm

Joe, Abe and DK get complimentary copies.

Five hundred for you and five hundred for me.
I will mail Abe's.

Okay!!!
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Ann, Shelagh, builder, LC Al, Carol , Betty should have copies too.
DT, domenic Don, Helen, Zada, Lin

Wow $6500.00

Add luigie, Mike, Ahad, $8000.00
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:32 pm

You have a great start...I hope PA continues so you'll have volume II. It's very entertaining wondering what they will come up with next.

There's a great little book by the guy who invented the "just set it and forget it" rotisseries plus others. Actually, PA is following many of his recommendations for appealing to the mass market psyche. Something for nothing or next to nothing will get you to pay a lot for nothing.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:58 pm

AW PHOOEY, I can't even scare anyone! lol!
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:39 pm

8/4/2010

Alice..

You have a deal , the title will sell
the book..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:27 am

alice wrote:
BY HOOK OR CROOKER

PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE 798629 PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE 798629 PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE 798629

Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE   PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE Empty

Back to top Go down

PA HAS RAISED BOOK PRICES HUGE INCREASE
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next