Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

And prices go up....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

And prices go up.... Empty
PostSubject: And prices go up....   And prices go up.... EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 3:11 pm

For many years my friends and I would drive to the top of the parking garage at the mall and watch the fireworks in the distance on the beach.  We avoided the hungry gnats and mosquitoes with the comfort of our car. 

No one else seemed to know our secret.

In the last ten years, I haven't been there.  I was thinking about it this year and then as though my thoughts materialized, I received an email from the mall's pr department.

"You are cordially invited to join us on the parking lot roof to view the fireworks and enjoy a party the evening of July 4.  Make reservations soon; seating is limited."

Ten years ago we used to walk on the beach at night and also enjoy the phosphorescence on special nights without the moon.  We would make angels in the still Gulf water.

Now the beach has fences and gates and parking fees that are astronomical and they open at 7:00 a.m. and close at sunset, around 5:00 in winter and 8 or so in summer.  Only those with residences on the beach get to enjoy the night sea and the phosphorescence.

I quickly sent my email confirming six - to which I received a response that they were already sold out.

There goes the roof to the elite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: And prices go up....   And prices go up.... EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 3:47 pm

I am sorry Diane.  I would love that, too.  I think you should show up with invitation in hand and see what happens.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: And prices go up....   And prices go up.... EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 4:15 pm

Thank you.  I guess that's age - remembering the good ole days when everything didn't require an invitation and a payment - when the best things in life - the air, the sea, the Everglades - were free.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And prices go up....   And prices go up.... Empty

Back to top Go down

And prices go up....
Page 1 of 1