Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !! Empty
PostSubject: Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !!   Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:04 am

9/12/2012

Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 a gallon read on:

Time for the American people to put their foot down !

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/12/gas-prices-hit-8-in-new-jersey-pennsylvania-in-lukoil-protest/

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !!   Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:20 am

Yes, Joe,

They can quit jumping in their gas guzzlers to go a few blocks and walk instead.
They can get energy efficient cars.

I don't worry about the price of gas.
We have a hybrid 50 + miles per gallon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !!   Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:35 am

Quote :
More than 50 gas stations in New Jersey and Pennsylvania are jacking up prices to more than $9 a gallon to protest what they say are unfair pricing practices by Lukoil North America.
Hardly an emergency situation. Nobody is being forced to pay those prices.

Headline for "related video" on left side of page:
Quote :
Did Obama Create an Environment for Skyrocketing Oil Prices?

Would think that even FoxNews might get that our president is currently facing a national security crisis and, for the sake of the country, back off their agenda and its propaganda for a few days at least.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !!   Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:54 am

9/12/2012

Sorry I don't have and can't afford a Hybrid, Unless

the govt. forces companies by LAW to lower the

prices of HYBIDS, as I've said before 30 years ago

our dear corrupt politicians should have done something

about the oil situation , no they rather have the oil

companies in their pockets I'm P.O.

Cheers..Joe...Mad
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !!   Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Well, when politicians are no longer able to accept $billions from the oil companies for their campaigns to guarantee subsidies to excessively profitable companies, maybe there will be change. My understanding is that our oil imports are lower than in our history, our alternative energy, especially natural gas, is picking up.

I agree about the gas guzzlers. Most of the people I know complaining about the gas are single people driving SUV's, you know, the Lexus SUV, the Esplanade, etc.

My car was not expensive, in fact it was the least expensive mid-size car on the market, a Sonata Hyundai. I get between 30 and 32 miles per gallon. I watch every gallon. I pick the 45 mph roads that go the same direction as the freeway (with few lights - parkways). I take my bike the short distances around my house for a few groceries etc. I travel in circles instead of repeats and plan my travels.

My friends and I car pool for the three miles each way to the Y for our exercise class, taking two cars off the road. We do the same to other local events. Why park three or four cars when one will do?

Other countries of the world have always paid more for gas then we do. They don't throw out their leadership. They invest in public transportation and drive as older adults with jobs instead of every kid 16 and over with his own school transportation. They take public busses to school and to work. In the Netherlands, there's so many bikes, it's dangerous to drive. Used to be the same in China but they are getting more like us I understand.

Car manufacturers are being "forced" to implement better mileage standards much against their desire.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !!   Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:22 pm

9/12/2012

I have a Ford Focus 2004, right now it would cost me

$5,000- $6,000 more compared to what I paid in 2004

$13,000- with interest versus today $18,000 to $20,000-

plus interest , here the buses in NM are slower than a turtle

and they way they drive around here I would never, ever ride

a bike ! So I don't understand why the govt. puts the brakes

on car manufacturers and tell them they have to make smaller

cars, if you want a pick up truck then I say you should pay three

times the price for the privelage of buying one..

Cheers.....Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !!   Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:06 pm

There's always a fine line between freedom of choice and what is good for the many. Personally, I think cars that guzzle gas should be more expensive - think of those Hummers that the wealthy were driving around that they can't give away now.

I had a friend who converted his car to cooking oil....and got that oil for free from local restaurants. He had to process it somehow, but it was very inexpensive to do so.

Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !!   Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:11 pm

My unpopular view is that with higher the gas prices more attention will be given to alternatives.
In Europe, conservation is not something new. Public transportation is available even to small villages. Bicycle trails run parallel to the highway. Small cars are the norm. Anyone driving a gas guzzler is looked down on. That is contrary to how one is viewed in America. When visiting America, I frequently heard the comment: "If I can afford it, no one is going to tell me what I should drive." Trying to show off by flaunting money is a mentality. Many have money because they are thrifty.
I am currently paying 1.70 Euro per Liter. That translates to approx. $8.80 per gallon. Cheap gas is appealing, but a detriment to conservation.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !!   Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !! EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:46 am

I unpopularly agree with you Abe. I abhor the rising cost of gas because I am prisoner to a limited income that it cuts into. However, I am forced to plan more, ride my bike more and consider our horrid public transportation. We do car pool. Instead of building more highway lanes, we need to let them clog and then build an overhead rail down the middle of the freeways instead for a park and ride concept. I drive to and from Michigan on I 75 two times a year. A rapid rail from Tampa to Chicago would do it fine. It could meet up with one from Miami in Orlando and go north toward New York as an alternative. I'm sure Amtrak did at one time, but the tracks are not unused bike trails - rails to trails - a worthy project that gave way to the American love of automobiles and penchant to display their wealth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !!   Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !! Empty

Back to top Go down

Gas prices in New Jersey and PA hit $8.00 to $9.00 gallon !!
Page 1 of 1