Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Why would anyone create such a hate ad against Muslims ?

Go down 
+3
alice
alj
joefrank
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Why would anyone create such a hate ad against  Muslims ? Empty
PostSubject: Why would anyone create such a hate ad against Muslims ?   Why would anyone create such a hate ad against  Muslims ? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:18 pm

9/23/2012

This woman who belongs to an organization won a court battle to put up

in NYC Subways, Washington DC Subways and Calif. Subway, is she insane ?

to create such an ad would create more hate towards us ..What is your opinion ?

Mine .....It should ever be allowed..one thing is freedom of speech the other is creating

hatred against another group of people, isn't there a law against this ?

Why would anyone create such a hate ad against  Muslims ? Anti-j10
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Why would anyone create such a hate ad against Muslims ?   Why would anyone create such a hate ad against  Muslims ? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:21 pm

No, but we can help to make it ineffective by not spreading it.

Just me, Joe
Annie
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Why would anyone create such a hate ad against Muslims ?   Why would anyone create such a hate ad against  Muslims ? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 3:15 pm

I agree with Ann.

Give it no attention`and it will cease. If Glen Beck relied on me to listen he'd stop talking.
There is a theory of extinctionism. Ignored behaviour disaopears.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Why would anyone create such a hate ad against Muslims ?   Why would anyone create such a hate ad against  Muslims ? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Dear Joe,

Alice and Ann are right. in my opinion. I have thought about you. I have thought about you a lot. I consider that you have suffered things that you will not tell, like me. I would like you to know that you are a very special and wonderful person with talents in painting and photography and writing about the animals you love. You have a fine mind. You need not be afraid of this political scene. All any of us can do at this point is vote for what we consider will take care of the next generation......not us.

Like you, I depend on social security. It is not enough, but I can only imagine my children coming "of age" and being in the position that the only money they can rely upon is that social security check and it is not there. I cannot fathom how that would work if the powerful banks had the options to dibby it out.

For all you have suffered in your life, I know it has been a lot, I would reverse time so that you were able to be the child you never got to be.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Why would anyone create such a hate ad against Muslims ?   Why would anyone create such a hate ad against  Muslims ? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:29 pm

Betty

How beautiful. I love your perspectives:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Why would anyone create such a hate ad against Muslims ?   Why would anyone create such a hate ad against  Muslims ? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:02 pm

9/24/2012

I don't think I have suffered in life, I just don't understand

human beings who want to create hell in the world, then again

I have to learn I can't change the world, it's bigger than me, all

I can do is my best as a loving human being....

Oh yes I created a new video on You Tube for my book.

https://youtu.be/IdnWfASXRjk

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Why would anyone create such a hate ad against Muslims ?   Why would anyone create such a hate ad against  Muslims ? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 7:08 pm

I tried a new tactic at the recommendation of a local friend in Bonita Springs. I explained that my friends on Facebook were mostly author friends since I set up the site to sell books and support them as authors too. Recently, many of them started posting inflamatory, derogatory and disrespectful photography at their sites against President Obama; and as my FB friend, it appeared in my newsfeed as if I, too, favored those distasteful photographs and the hateful statements posted by people who believed the lies were true. It put me in company where I did not wish to dwell.

The recommendation was that I go to the Rachel Maddox show (MSNBC) FB page and "share" all the liberal leaning photographs shared at her site. I went to the site and "shared" every photo and statement there. Next, I went to my newsfeed and found very insightful postings with photographs by our own E. Don Harpe, and I shared those.

Previously, I had tried to post to the photographs to which I objected with my point of view. In return I was personally attacked with words that were offensive and not true and hurtful because they came from people with whom I had shared positive stuff over the years regarding writing and who they are and their occupations. Now, because I do not agree with their political perspective, several on a posting said hateful things - nothing substantive or policy - just name-calling and hateful.

Well, it appears that once I filled my site with Rachel Maddox and E. Don Harpe, they have unfriended me because their objectionable posts no longer appear for the most part. Those with whom I disagree politically but who have not decided to hate me for it, continue to post and carry on disagreements in the name of diverse opinions, but not hate or name calling. I am sorry to say, there are very few.

I will eventually dump my fb page, but not tonight. Tonight I thank my local friend for teaching me how to face down ugliness by shining the spotlight of truth on it, not my truth, but the truth of someone the right really doesn't want to hear. I find multiple opinions challenging and an opportunity to learn and understand another person's point of view. I do not find hate mongering, name-calling and personal attacks for a political point of view at all productive and in fact, demeaning to the person writing in that way.

My facebook timeline, though, is not very pretty with all that truth-telling filling it up. It hides my relatives and loved ones whose political views are different than mine but with whom I continue to share the love of people without labels, just people with a love connection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Why would anyone create such a hate ad against Muslims ?   Why would anyone create such a hate ad against  Muslims ? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 7:28 pm

This thing with Facebook is absolutely amazing! I took the time to respond to those hateful postings with appropriate examples regarding why they were not true, etc. For days I have responded faithfully in spite of their horrid words to me. I had never "shared" a post of picture except Corkscrew Swamp or my books until my neighbor made the suggestion about "sharing" Rachel Maddox's fb postings. The right leaning people without a mind open to discussion must have hit some sort of fb buttons because they are completely gone!!! E. Don Harpe is gone, too; I don't understand that one disappearing because we are pretty much in sync regarding the importance of truth. Now my page is back to normal with mostly the right leaning people posting military photographs and religious ones. None are offensive; many provide a thoughtful pause and an uplifting idea. I can get back to reading about others and let someone else tell the truth.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Why would anyone create such a hate ad against Muslims ?   Why would anyone create such a hate ad against  Muslims ? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:05 am

DK, from my childhood I remember a bible verse that says something like, "Cast not your pearls before swine." (Matt 7:6) Sometime in trying to shed light on a subject is a waste of time when the mind is closed or just can't comprehend.
Back to top Go down
PennyDeerhill
One Star Member
One Star Member
PennyDeerhill

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Why would anyone create such a hate ad against Muslims ?   Why would anyone create such a hate ad against  Muslims ? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:25 pm

I can only say, because she was hurt.

I'm glad I can't see what she wrote, but I know her pain first hand. In my book, I shared some, once hidden truths about my marriage to an Iranian-American. I do remember a time during my grieving/healing that I was very bitter and afraid of people in the Islamic culture, simply because of how my ex-husband behaved and the decisions that he made, but I had a defining moment about a year later when I realized that by stereotyping all Islamics, I was giving my ex-husband power over me. I accept all that I survived as part of my personal growth, and I refuse to stereotype Muslims or any Islamic culture, despite my scars and my losses.

Everyone grieves a loss differently, and handles anger differently as they work through that stage of grief...I hope this woman finds the Peace she needs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsnotwhatyouknow.wordpress.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Why would anyone create such a hate ad against Muslims ?   Why would anyone create such a hate ad against  Muslims ? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Thanks, Penny, you ad much to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why would anyone create such a hate ad against Muslims ?   Why would anyone create such a hate ad against  Muslims ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why would anyone create such a hate ad against Muslims ?
Page 1 of 1