Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

How People Live

Go down 
+2
joefrank
Betty Fasig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

How People Live Empty
PostSubject: How People Live   How People Live EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 5:21 pm

The Electric Company came out because I thought our electric bill was way high for the way we live. We have the thermostat at 81 all day but at night, we have it at 75. That is because neither of us ever had ac when we were children and now that we do, I like to be cold at night.....it must be from being a child. My David is not that insane.....he lived in Florida all his life and the nights were humid and not that cold and he never had to consider snow. He says that sweating was ......normal....and I imagine it still is ...but I do not like sweating at night. I like to have covers because it is COLD I like to hunker down. I do not like my man to sweat at night! So we turn the ac down to 75 at night, I read a book and he watches baseball.....

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

How People Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: How People Live   How People Live EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:32 pm

9/2/2012

Betty..

I'm with you I like it cold, here it's been 85 daytime very hot

and the sun is strong ! I have to ask you where did you get the

great animal pictures for your books

Cheers.Joe.......Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

How People Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: How People Live   How People Live EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Today was relatively cool here. The high was only 96. It is supposed to get down to 75 by early morning. Tomorrow it is expected to get back up to 100. I keep my thermostat at 78 day and night. Right now, it is down to 82 outside, and my thermostat reads 77. That means I will probably sleep w/o covers tonight. I cannot sleep and sweat at the same time - period. My body is starting to get a little more adjusted. 100 in the summertime seems to be our new normal here. That's a good five degrees higher than when I moved here 10 years ago.

Global warming, anyone?

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

How People Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: How People Live   How People Live EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:41 pm

Betty, you are among friends who love sleeping in a cold room. I want covers on when I sleep. Even in winter, I have the window open. If it gets very cold, I just put on more covers. As for heat, although the bones want it at times, I can't stand it for any prolonged period. Heat makes me feel weak with little or no energy. Cold weather puts a spring in my step - perhaps some of that spring is trying to get out of the cold. Very Happy I like my wood stove in the winter. I have a cot next to it where I take a nap. It is wonderful.

We are having cool and even cold mornings. Right now I'm wearing a sweatshirt at 7 AM. It is about 60 degrees this morning and it feels good. The temperature will get up to 80 today and that is tolerable. 100 degrees feels like hell. I've never been to hell and only imagine what it may feel like. It's much like people saying that they feel like a 100. How can they know what 100 feels like untill they reach 100? Imagination can be strange.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

How People Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: How People Live   How People Live EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 6:06 am

I remember Germany having some cold, damp weather that chilled the bone and beautiful clean air days warmed by the sun that warmed the spirit. It is healthy to sleep in a cool room. I worked with a physician for an article about insomnia, and a cool room is conducive to a good night's sleep - healthy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

How People Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: How People Live   How People Live EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:46 pm

I, also like to cuddle under cozy blankets and be near Dave when I sleep.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

How People Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: How People Live   How People Live Empty

Back to top Go down

How People Live
Page 1 of 1