Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Does anyone want to live to be 100?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Does anyone want to live to be 100? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone want to live to be 100?   Does anyone want to live to be 100? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:22 am

See the following:

http://connecttheworld.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/20/do-you-look-forward-to-your-100th-birthday/
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone want to live to be 100?   Does anyone want to live to be 100? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 11:05 am

I always use two "H's" together and say a "healthy 100." But I wonder what kind of world we would be living in by then. Maybe we should focus on a healthy world now, and let the future just be.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone want to live to be 100?   Does anyone want to live to be 100? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:15 pm

I'm hoping for eighty. I do not like all the medical treatment it might take for me to get there, but I'll probably go along with it, although it takes courage.

I also believe in a kind of surrender, not a battle with life or disease. It is out of my hands after I follow reasonable medical treatment and do what I can to be healthy. I do not want "she fought a courageous battle with cancer" on my obituary and have made this clear to others. It is more a surrender to hope.

We took my 94-year-old aunt out to dinner last week. She recently moved to a wonderful assisted living center where she says she can find no fault. She is a little ditzy but loves life and we had a fantastic time.

My mother did not have a good life her last years. She slowly faded away until she died and like my granddaughter said, "she looks more peaceful now than a few weeks ago."

I pray and hope for peace, for a meaningful life, for being productive in some way. But to me, that is the most difficult, figuring out what I am supposed to do with this extra life I've got thanks to modern medicine. But maybe that takes a surrender also.

Interesting article followed by interesting comments.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone want to live to be 100?   Does anyone want to live to be 100? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 4:05 pm

Sure, why not try for 100 and why stop there? Keep going and going, but remember to see to it that you also have a life now, rather than just worring about some distant future.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone want to live to be 100?   Does anyone want to live to be 100? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 4:14 am

I am surprised and happy to still be here. lol!

Dave and I went to visit a delightful couple this past Saturday.

The wife has no legs--the husband-- 85 takes care of her.

They are very happy and contented.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone want to live to be 100?   Does anyone want to live to be 100? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:41 am

Alice,

I have never seen such love as when women or men take care of ill spouses. My mother and father, you and Dave, and Tom and I are in that group, along with others.

Contentment. What a feeling.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone want to live to be 100?   Does anyone want to live to be 100? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 7:57 am

For me, if I live to old age, whatever that might be, as long as I have my mental faculties, I'll be happy. If I lose that, then I don't want to be around as a vegetable being nursed and not even recognizing my own family or knowing where I am. I've seen that and it's not good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone want to live to be 100?   Does anyone want to live to be 100? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone want to live to be 100?
Page 1 of 1