Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Feel good thread

Go down 
+3
alice
alj
Shelagh
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Feel good thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel good thread   Feel good thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:35 am

Thanks, All,

She will be 40 soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Feel good thread   Feel good thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:58 am

David,
congratulations on your new pet. They can bring much joy.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Feel good thread   Feel good thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:26 am

I made my target and I'm feeling good about it! Feel good thread - Page 2 925501

I set myself the target of writing a thousand words a day. Today, I wrote just over 1000 words to complete chapter seven. That's 30,000 words for the month of September. Tomorrow, I will take a break from writing, watch England v Scotland in the rugby world cup, play golf in the afternoon and, later, watch the last in the present series of The Borgias.

Sunday, I will start writing chapter eight.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Feel good thread   Feel good thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:41 am

I'm having fun with my current WIP. It's about a soft-boiled gumshoe, the antithesis of fictional PIs. Even his name is wimpy. Not a tough guy. He says, "I probably couldn't win a fair fight with a rag mop."

No beautiful, scantily-clad babes, either. The women in the story are ordinary people. Curlers, cellulite, stretch marks, etc. But it doesn't matter. He doesn't score that often anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Feel good thread   Feel good thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:48 am

I spent half of my time writing, and the other half not writing. 50/50 seems to work for me.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Feel good thread   Feel good thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:26 pm

Alice, great pic of your daughter! Who pubbed her books and what are they about? What does she teach?

Abe, what are you writing?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Feel good thread   Feel good thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:41 pm

LC,

Thank you.

Two are children's books published by Stanborough Park press in Watford , England.

The other, the one she is holding, is a young adult devotional book published by Review and Herald Publishing in America.

She teaches writing and helps PHd candidates write their papers.

She has a History degree with an English minor and a Master's in Secondary Education and another Master's in Creative Writing.

She has begun her PHd in English Education.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Feel good thread   Feel good thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:14 am

LC wrote:
Alice, great pic of your daughter! Who pubbed her books and what are they about? What does she teach?

Abe, what are you writing?
LC,
You asked what I’m writing. My 50/50 comment was more for amusement than for reality.
Actually, I’m doing more reading than writing.
Currently I’m reading:
“A History of God” by Karen Armstrong. It is not easy reading requiring lots of concentration, but very enlightening.
“Too Many Murders” by Colleen McCullough. A good murder mystery. She keeps one glued to the pages.
“Future” (A Brief History of the Future) by Stephen Clarke. The character “Richie” buys a teleporter and takes it back to England where the chaos begins…” His book publishing projects are most interesting.

The above books are giving me some needed diversion. I still have some writing projects needing attention, but nothing with a deadline.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Feel good thread   Feel good thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:19 am

I received an uplifting PM. It cheered me up.

Joe is back.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Feel good thread   Feel good thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:23 am

Alice -my younger daughter is trying to decide on a major (she starts college next year) and has floated English as a possibility, but I discouraged it due to what I perceive as limited marketability. Sounds like your daughter really likes that degree -did she use it for direct employment outside academia?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Feel good thread   Feel good thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:05 am

I have a feeling Alice's daughter might agree with an experience I had, LC.

I was taking a course called English in the Classroom. It had come about in an odd way. The English department and the Education department had almost come to blows over the "proper" way to teach English, and the result was that the university did not offer a degree in English Education One result was that the English education classes were taught by English professors, from that department. (Another was that I have a BA in English with teacher certification and a History minor, rather than an Education degree with specialization in English and History. big whup.)

Pardon the diversion.

My English in the Classroom professor, a generally prim and proper older woman who was still teaching because she had tenure, on our first day in class, started with this point: "English is a fascinating discipline to study, but it's a helluva way to make a living."

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Feel good thread   Feel good thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 1:47 pm

LC,

She has no English degree --it was her minor. She did copywriting for a phama co in England, Also is editor of a magazine.

She is getting the PHd for credentials becasue of her work with the paper writing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feel good thread   Feel good thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Feel good thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2