Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Back from book event burnout

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back from book event burnout Empty
PostSubject: Back from book event burnout   Back from book event burnout EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 6:47 pm

I have just completed my first two book events this year after not trying to book anything for half of the year. I burned myself out on doing too many last year. I just didn't want to do any live signings. Now I'm starting to feel like getting back out. Today I booked an event at a Barnes and Noble close to my home and will book some more.

Has anyone else just become tapped out on activity and put themselves on ice with their books?

www.DTPollard.com
Back to top Go down
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Back from book event burnout   Back from book event burnout EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 5:55 am

I cannot say that I have burned myself out with my book promotions DT, more a case of doing so with life in general. I try to juggle all the balls in a way that makes sense to the time and place that I am at (not exactly the traditional definition of balance I am sure). That includes taking deep breaths and walking...preferably on the beach. pirate
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Back from book event burnout   Back from book event burnout EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 10:43 am

I've never had that happen. Of course I have never done any promoting whatsoever unless someone else arranges it. That could be the reason.
I do admire people such as yourself, DT, and men like Lawrence Block who must be the world's greatest promotor of the stuff he has written.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
flashgordon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Back from book event burnout   Back from book event burnout EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 10:16 am

As long as I keep them spaced out enough, I don't get burned out. But for me, that means one every couple months as I am not too fond of public speaking. Others love it and can just do them back to back to back.
Back to top Go down
http://newgreatbooks.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back from book event burnout   Back from book event burnout Empty

Back to top Go down

Back from book event burnout
Page 1 of 1