Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Signing a book as a gift...not at a book signing event

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rkliebenstein

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-12-16

Signing a book as a gift...not at a book signing event Empty
PostSubject: Signing a book as a gift...not at a book signing event   Signing a book as a gift...not at a book signing event EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 11:26 am

Fellow Authors;
What is the proper etiquette for signing a book? I am sending (complimentary) books to a prospective client, and I do not know if it is too presumptuous to sign the books.

Any words of wisdom from some experienced authors?

Thanks,

RK Kliebenstein
Phone 623 572-5050
eMail rk@askrk.com

Author of: "How To Invest in Self-Storage", "How To Make Money in Self-Storage", "How To Make MORE Money in Self-Storage"
CEO and Leader of Coast-To-Coast, LLC.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Signing a book as a gift...not at a book signing event   Signing a book as a gift...not at a book signing event EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Inside the front cover of Ghost Orchid on the very first page is " D. K. Christi" in the center of the page. I sign my name above that typewritten signature on all books. When I become famous on a national and world scale, those who have books with my signature will be glad for it. In the meantime, those who wish to part with my books are passing the potential value on to their friends or to the second hand store.

My belief is that a book that is of sufficient value to publish and make available to the general public is by an author valued sufficiently to include an original signature if he/she wishes.

I don't put their name in the book unless they request it. That way they can gift the book to someone else if they wish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Signing a book as a gift...not at a book signing event   Signing a book as a gift...not at a book signing event EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 1:53 pm

rkliebenstein wrote:
Fellow Authors;
What is the proper etiquette for signing a book? I am sending (complimentary) books to a prospective client, and I do not know if it is too presumptuous to sign the books.

Any words of wisdom from some experienced authors?

Thanks,

RK Kliebenstein
Phone 623 572-5050
eMail rk@askrk.com

Author of: "How To Invest in Self-Storage", "How To Make Money in Self-Storage", "How To Make MORE Money in Self-Storage"
CEO and Leader of Coast-To-Coast, LLC.
I would not sign a book to a prospective client. Books to reviewers, newspapers or agents should not be signed.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signing a book as a gift...not at a book signing event   Signing a book as a gift...not at a book signing event Empty

Back to top Go down

Signing a book as a gift...not at a book signing event
Page 1 of 1