Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

What Is the Best Thing You Ever Did?

Go down 
+6
vampireheartauthor
JoElle
Shelagh
alj
joefrank
alice
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

What Is the Best Thing You Ever Did? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is the Best Thing You Ever Did?   What Is the Best Thing You Ever Did? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 4:58 pm

alice wrote:
For me it was my daughter's wedding dress.

When she was little, I sewed her clothes, then she got older and didn't want me to make her anything.

When she became engaged and started planning her wedding, she surprised me with a request that I sew her wedding dress.

She gave me a pattern and I said, "I will begin with the bow and see how that goes, if it turns out good I will keep going. If I don't like it we will toss it in the garbage and buy something."

It turned out to be very beautiful and I am very happy she asked me to do it.

Learning to sew is still on my to do list.
It is something I want to learn to do ... eventually.

What a special thing to make your own daughter's wedding dress! What Is the Best Thing You Ever Did? - Page 2 973110
Back to top Go down
madhatter
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
madhatter

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-02-13

What Is the Best Thing You Ever Did? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is the Best Thing You Ever Did?   What Is the Best Thing You Ever Did? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:49 pm

D.K...

The next novel in my line-up is based on my time as a caretaker for my mom. I wrote it, basically, to keep myself sane during the ups and downs during that particular period. I am so glad i did, now. So many of the funny, bittersweet things were forgotten after she passed away. As I proof and edit, I relive the times with her and I am blessed to have been her daughter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rhettdevane.com

What Is the Best Thing You Ever Did?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2