Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

A strange thing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

A strange thing Empty
PostSubject: A strange thing   A strange thing EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Here's another funny for us to think about: Women are more attracted to men who look like them, researchers at the University of St Andrews have said.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090814/tsc-look-alike-men-attract-women-more-4b158bc.html

That woman hardly looks much like Tom Cruise!
A strange thing 343621 A strange thing 343621
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

A strange thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange thing   A strange thing EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 5:04 pm

Dear Abdul,

I agree. Looking alike is really stretching it. I have always heard that opposites attract. But after many years of living together as one, people start to stand the same way, hold their mouths the same, look with eyebrows the same and so perhaps it is a reflection of our own spirit that is what is longed for and after fifty years or so, there you are, your reflection looking back at you. Not very sexy thought, however, but perhaps true in the ends of days.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

A strange thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange thing   A strange thing EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:03 pm

I've been married almost fifty years. We don't look anything alike. We are not anything alike. How we ended up with each other still puzzles me. He was an athlete, and loved to eat. I was a clutz and ate to stay alive. We walk into a room where I go for a sweater and he turns the air conditioner on.

But somehow we love each other.

Then, I love the pictures of people that look like their dogs and cats. Not Betty, but perhaps she has those soulful eyes and happy smile. I bet she does.

Love, Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

A strange thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange thing   A strange thing EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:32 pm

Abdul,
I have often thought that. I have also observed that the pets chosen by many show some resemblance.
Back to top Go down
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

A strange thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange thing   A strange thing EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:13 am

If you are a man who is 6 foot 5, you are unlikely to go for a short lady of 4 foot 8 - unless fate somehow led you there.

If you are a woman from the island of Fiji, you would be more inclined to marry a man from that same part of the world.

So up to a point we look for similarity in our partners.
Having said all that, you wouldn't really want to marry someone who looked too much like you... that would be considered gay (if you're a man that is) Laughing !

This is why I find this research somewhat comical...
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

A strange thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange thing   A strange thing EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 2:47 am

Research has shown that we choose partners that reflect our family likenesses. If you look at old photos of married couples and their relatives when they were children, there are often great similarities.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sponsored content

A strange thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange thing   A strange thing Empty

Back to top Go down

A strange thing
Page 1 of 1