Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

I'm Doing a Bad, Bad Thing...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

I'm Doing a Bad, Bad Thing... Empty
PostSubject: I'm Doing a Bad, Bad Thing...   I'm Doing a Bad, Bad Thing... EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 4:59 pm

I'm eating a second helping of dessert as I write this. I never eat desserts. I almost never make desserts, but yesterday was Susan's birthday, and Saturday is always her dad's day, so we had a belated celebration here tonight. Lynn was clearly miffed over her little sister getting two birthday parties in one year, but she'll get over it.

Anyway, When Susan was growing up (she is now, as she said tonight, 41 and a day), she always wanted a red velvet cake for her birthday. I wasn't that foolish, understand. Nobody today would want a dessert so rich, but I wanted to honor the tradition, so while googling for maybe a lighter version of the cake, I came across one for red velvet cookies. The recipe was incredibly simple: One box of Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake mix, 2 eggs, and 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, mixed together, rolled into teeny balls and baked at 375 for 10 minutes makes 48 crackledy-topped cookies of 68 calories each. I served everybody two of them with a 100 calorie scoop of coffee ice cream. (I learned some years ago that coffee ice cream had usually had the lowest amount of sugar of any flavor - this brand was a bit over 100cal/serving) I sent all the remaining cookies, along with the last of the pork tenderloin, home with Susan for Jim, who is recouping (is that a word?)from knee surgery - nothing serious, just tweaking the artificial knee they gave him a year-and-a-half ago, when they removed a malignant tumor - he is still doing great there. But the coffee ice cream tasted so good, I fixed myself a second scoop and am finishing it off right now.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

I'm Doing a Bad, Bad Thing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Doing a Bad, Bad Thing...   I'm Doing a Bad, Bad Thing... EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 5:10 pm

Dear Ann,
You only live once. Do it without guilt.
Decadence is it's own reward.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/

I'm Doing a Bad, Bad Thing...
Page 1 of 1