Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Has Your Healthcare Coverage Cost Gone up, or Down?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Has Your Healthcare Coverage Cost Gone up, or Down? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has Your Healthcare Coverage Cost Gone up, or Down?   Has Your Healthcare Coverage Cost Gone up, or Down? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:38 pm

LC,

No, Your point was that the doctors and hospitals got nothing, so the costs went up.
My point is the doctors, hospitals and Nursing Homes get paid.

Clearly you are bothered, by equal health care, clearly I am not.

The wars bug me.

Last edited by alice on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Has Your Healthcare Coverage Cost Gone up, or Down?   Has Your Healthcare Coverage Cost Gone up, or Down? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:49 pm

Quote :
No, Your point was that the doctors and hospitals got nothing, so the costs went up.
My point is the doctors and hospitals get paid.

No, that wasn't my point. Some doctors and hospitals do get paid, with taxpayer funds. Others don't, so they stop working at those hospitals (causing long lines at the ER) or the hospitals just fold. This isn't new news, Alice, you can google and find hundreds of articles about it.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Has Your Healthcare Coverage Cost Gone up, or Down?   Has Your Healthcare Coverage Cost Gone up, or Down? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:53 pm

My solution is that the gov't pay for everyone.

Your solution?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Has Your Healthcare Coverage Cost Gone up, or Down?   Has Your Healthcare Coverage Cost Gone up, or Down? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 1:01 pm

In trying to earn a living while seeking a good job, I sold health and life insurance.
The health insurance company only accepted healthy people to insure. If one was even examined for a suspected heart problem, they were rejected.
People with medical problems sought insurance and couldn't get coverage "pre-existing conditions" were not covered. The policy was expensive and the benefits small. The greatest benefit to having an insurance policy was that a medical facility would accept them as a patient. The deductibles were high to get a policy that someone could afford which meant they paid the first several thousand out of their pocket before an 80/20 policy would kick-in.
I advised many prospective clients, especially those with pre-existing conditions, to place "X" amount of dollars, the equivalent of an insurance payment, into a savings account each month, and use that as their medical fund, when/if they needed it. They would fare much better than paying on a shitty policy that made the insurance company rich and did little to benefit the insured. I eventually quit the job since I could not in good conscious see the people getting ripped-off. To sell something you don't believe in, in my view, is wrong.
To deprive another human being of health care, or even think they should not be covered for whatever reason, is not just sad, but inhuman. That is what I believe. Obviously, my belief is not shared by others.
When a human has to commit a crime to get food and shelter, it is a shame on that society. When a person must reach the point of dying to get help, it is also a shame on the society.
Why not just round all the sick people up and force those who deny them help, to shoot them. The crime is the same.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Has Your Healthcare Coverage Cost Gone up, or Down?   Has Your Healthcare Coverage Cost Gone up, or Down? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 1:07 pm

We all know who did just that, rounded up the sick people and had them shot.

I wonder how many bankruptcies are filed because of medical bills, how many people lose their businesses and their homes, their dignity and their own health.

You are right Abe, shame on us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has Your Healthcare Coverage Cost Gone up, or Down?   Has Your Healthcare Coverage Cost Gone up, or Down? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Has Your Healthcare Coverage Cost Gone up, or Down?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2