Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

roll playing game

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

roll playing game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:42 am

I saw the palace gates ahead. Further back, a blaze of lights in the palace windows was a welcome sight. I had been promised an audience with Lord Lochmoran, who would introduce me to the royal court presided over by the King of Corspica. But that would have to wait until morn.

The gatemen saw the advance of the carriage and swung back the gates. The horses slowed down to a trot as the men stood back to allow the carriage through.

When we arrived at the main entrance, a footman clad in elegant attire stepped forward and opened the carriage door.

"Good evening, sir," he said, "please follow me."
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:27 am

I looked down at my old rival with a smug grin and folded my arms across my chest.

"So how does it feel to be tied to a tree?" I asked him.

He merely grunted. "Why bring me back to life?" He demanded sourly.

I looked at him with fake surprise. "Don't be so unpleasent. I just want to see how many times I can kill you. That's all."

He glared at me but I igorned him and walked over to his horse and took the golden shimmering reins in my hand and swung myself into the red and gold saddle. The horse shook his head, anxious to be off.

Before taking my leave to the palace, I used my mind and made the ropes around his wrists and around the tree impossible to break.

I looked back at him and said, "I think I'll inform the Royal Court that you're alive and well, even though you're tied to a tree."

"They let you do whatever you want don't they?" He demanded.

I smiled down at him from his horse. "Pretty much." Although they don't trust me because of my abilities...I thought dryly, making my way to the palace with all possible haste.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 1:38 pm

The footman guided me to the west entrance where a serving wench waited to greet us. She curtsied slightly and said, "Good evening, sir." Then she approached a flight of stone steps immediately to the right of this side entrance. The footman returned to his station as the young woman climbed the stairs and I followed.

At the top of the stairs, a long corridor on the first floor of the west wing stretched before me. The maid turned to the next flight of stairs and beckoned me to follow.

My room on the second floor was well-appointed and tastefully decorated. A large four poster bed stood against the wall facing the window that overlooked the palace gardens at the rear. A fire burned brightly in the small fireplace, giving the room a warm glow.

"Thank you," I said to the maid as she left me to wash and prepare for bed. I had slept heavily on the journey and had no need of further sleep but the four poster looked so inviting. Maybe if I sat by the fire in one of the magnificent Tudor oak chairs, I would begin to drowse and coax myself into bed.

I readied myself for bed and sat awhile by the dying embers that spilled soft shadows around the room. A night owl hooted in the distance as I began to feel sleepy. I moved over to the bed and sank into the feather mattress under the warm blankets. Then I drifted into another deep sleep.

Last edited by Shelagh on Wed May 26, 2010 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 1:59 pm

It wasn't long before the palace was in site. I raced through the front gate and then slowed the horse down to a gallop.

My compainion and I both had a meeting with the Royal Court, which I can't say I never looked forward to, even with my abilities. Which is why they held the meetings during the day, when my power was at its weaker strength.

I took his horse to the stables, and then wove my way through the castle and went off to find Lord Lochmoran to take my place by his side and guard him wherever he went, seeing as I couldn't sleep...
The morning was uneventful as I waited for my compainion, Victor, with Lord Lochmoran. As the three of us made out way to the Royal Court, I grimaced with distaste as we drew closer to a set of large double doors and the people that lay beyond and the morning sun that streamed through the elgagent stained glass windows.

Last edited by Shelagh on Wed May 26, 2010 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : My character is a male so Victoria became Victor!)
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:16 pm

I woke early the next morning and dressed for my attendance at court. I had already met Lord Lochmoran on several occasions but I had yet to meet the king.

Zarina was her usual impetuous self and anxious to be through with the pomp and ceremony of a royal presentation. Lord Lochmoran and I were more relaxed and at ease. We were both keen to meet the monarch to show our allegiance.

When we entered the sunlit great hall, the place was buzzing with anticipation from the dignitaries present that day. I looked around for a few familiar faces but found none.
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:29 pm

Even though I hated the Royal Court, I always allowed myself to have at least some fun at their expense. Which was partly the reason why I brought my old rival back to life. To be able to have fun at both of their expense.

I kept to myself mostly, keeping my eyes open for any trouble, while also keeping guard over Lord Lochmoran and Victor.

It was a while before the king finally made his apperance and announced the session in order. I looked around the room for a dark corner, and found one in the back of the room and made my way to the comforting darkness.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:23 pm

As Zarina hid from the bright sunlight streaming in through the multi-coloured. stained glass, his lordship introduced me to the many knights present that day. Their ladies, dressed in exquisite, silk gowns in rich shades of deep burgundy and purple with white lace trimmings around their slender necks, added grace and beauty to the proceedings. I bowed and kissed a few fair hands. It would have been folly to miss such an opportunity.

A fanfare of trumpets filled the air. A parade of the king's guards entered the room, at the centre of which strode King Alfredo of Mensatania. He was dressed in full military regalia complete with his trusted sword, Excelsaber.

The gathered assembly hushed as he walked down the length of the Great Hall and took his seat on the opulent golden throne. The smaller gold throne to his right remained empty; he had yet to find a queen to share his kingdom.
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:41 pm

The king slowly scanned the crowd, and his eyes fell upon me. I winced when he announced my name. "Zarina, First Knight of the Kingdom of Lochmoran, report to us your trip with your companion, Victor."

I was silent for a moment and then said, "To make a long story short, the two of us where attacked. For no reason it seemed. But, as you and I know, there's always some reason for someone to attack another..." I glanced at the crowd, and then focused my attention back onto the king. "I used my...abilities, if you will, to help Victor slay the attacker using my sword. After having slain the attacker, I led Victor safely back to the palace. I meanwhile, was tending to the body." I paused for a few seconds before continuing, "I thought my old rival dead, for it was he who attacked us, but I thought wrong..."
roll playing game - Page 2 2005092006410201
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:01 pm

What was this? Surely there must be some mistake. Zarina told the king that the horse rider was still alive, but I slew him with Zarina's sword -- albeit with a little thought transfer from the lady herself. Or did I mishear? Could I trust Zarina? She had very strange powers but I didn't know that bringing people back from the dead was one of them. I will have to watch my back. Or maybe it's my neck she is interested in ...
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:14 pm

Everyone stared at me in total shock. I merely shrugged and kept my gaze on the king. "He's tide to a tree if you don't belevie me..." I vanished in a cloud of swirling smoke.
roll playing game - Page 2 Work.220108.9.flat,550x550,075,f.fractal-swirling-smoke
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:09 am

Lord Lochmoran sighed and said, "I'll go." And he too vanished.
I stared down happily at my rival, who glared up at me from the tree he was still tied to.

"Looks like I get to take you to the Royal Council." Lord Lochmoran suddenly appeared behind me. "Don't I my Lord?" I addressed him testily.

"Zarina what's this about?"

I titled my head to the side. "Oh nothing really. If anyone even began to try to understand why we were rivals, this would be confusing to you all the more." I unseathed my sword and started poking at Richmond, my old rival.

Lord Lachmoran sighed again and went to cut the ropes.

"Oh, wait. I made the ropes unbreakable. Let me do it." Quickly I unsapped the ropes with my mind and then tied Richmond's arms against his sides so he couldn't attack. I took hold of him, and the three of us returned to the Royal Court with Richmond. "There. You see?" I said, waving my hand in Richmond's direction.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:17 am

Chapter Two

It was now weeks since the king's cousin, Zarina of Mensatania, First Knight of the Kingdom of Lochmoran, had walked into the royal court with the captive, Richmond of Icatus. What a stir that had caused. As the blood thirsty noble throng called for his head, the king had to stand to quell the noise. "I see you have brought your enemy to visit me, my dear cousin."

"Yes, your royal highness," Zarina replied from the shadows of one of the marble pillars.

"Step forward and announce yourself to the court," the king said to Richmond.

Although tied and bound by ropes, the horseless rider held his head high in disdain as he stepped forward. "I am Richmond of Icatus."

"What brought you here to Mensatania?" the king asked, although he knew the answer all too well ...
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Although Richmond looked at the king as he spoke, I knew he was addressing me. "I have come here to put a score on my rivarly in my favor."

I barked out a laugh. "And how are you going to do that when everyone here demands your head?"

Now Richmond looked over at me. "Because. You and I both agree on something. Which is another reason that I have come here to this...place."

Everyone looked at me in astonishment. I ignored them and said, "It's true." I turned my attention to the king, my cousin. "I demand that he not be killed...But rather, imprisonment." I took a half step forward. "I'll watch over his imprisinment."
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:24 pm

So, Zarina has her own plans for this arrogant warrior. My thoughts were interrupted by the king.

"Take him and be gone."

Alfredo had little patience for his cousin whom he feared might one day use her powers against him. It had been suggested that he should take her as his bride; an idea that he brushed aside immediately. Zarina would play mind games. He was wise to her.
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:40 pm

I unseathed my sword and stepped behind Richmond. "Get going." I commanded, and be moved forward to the dungeon of the castle. The other guards started to fallow. I turned towards them. "No. Stay here. I can handle him. You guard the king."

Once down in the coolness of the dungeon, I cut the ropes binding Richmond. I shoved him in the nearest cell and locked the door using my mind.

"Once again you saved my life...Why?"

"Because here we both agree on something. That's why."

Richmond titled his head to the side slightly. "You're not going back to the Royal Court are you?"

"Of course not." I sheathed my sword. "I'm supposed to stand guard over you, remember?"

Using my abilities, I listened in on the Royal Court and storing iformation away latter for another rainy day.

I wasn't sure how long I stood in the comforting darkness but my mind began to wander. I turned to leave, but pain suddenly exploded throught out my head and stars danced in my eyes. I knew it couldn't be Richmond...I collapsed onto the dirt floor of the dungeon fading into unconsiousness. But just before the blackness took over, I could feel someone, or something, dragging me out of the palace dungeon.
roll playing game - Page 2 Palace_dungeon_060012
Chapter Three

Last edited by vampireheartauthor on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 2:26 pm

That's when Zarina disappeared. No one has heard anything since that fateful day. The king sent out his most faithful guards to help Lord Lochmoran search the whole of Mensatania, but no trace of his cousin could be found.

The days turned into weeks until now, three weeks later, the guards have returned empty handed. Alfredo allowed me to stay at the palace. I had offered to help with the search and begged him to let me travel with Lord Lochmoran to muster up a search party. The king forbad me, saying that he needed my counsel. After all, that was the reason I had attended court. I was the king's servant and had to obey his wishes.

So, where was Zarina?
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 2:48 pm

What was this place? Where was this place? Obviously someone had been able to spy on me and learn about me without me even knowing it but...how? And why for that matter?

I wandered the streets, searching for anyone who might be able to help. If anyone could help...So far the only comferting thing was, was that I still had my sword.

The black chain around my right wrist made it hard to move as I shaded my eyes with my black hood from my cloak. Not only did the chain prevent me from moving freely, it prevented me from using almost all of my abilities.

I continued to wander the streets, wondering who my capture was and why I was here...Wherever here was.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 4:44 pm

As King's Counsel, I did not expect to be summoned to give advice on romantic matters. When I entered Alfredo's bedchamber, he was standing by a magnificent fireplace, staring into space. His brow was creased and he looked deep in thought.

"Ah, Victor, come in," he said as I entered the enormous room full of rich furnishings.

"How can I help you, sire?"

"What do you know about affairs of the heart?" he asked me.

"Nothing."

"Nothing! Come now ... a handsome fellow like you must know a great deal."

"No, your highness. I know very little."

"Ah, what little knowledge you possess is more than I know. You have sisters, do you not? I have only my cousin and she is ... how shall I say ... different to other women ..."

She's different all right.
"I do indeed have sisters, but I know little about them."

"But you grew up with them. Tell me about them."

"They are not like my brothers."

"Exactly! They are prettier?"

"No doubt about that. They are much prettier."

"... and more dainty, less uncouth and more agreeable?"

"Well, yes, I suppose they are." Now, I get it. The king is not looking for advice; he just wants me to agree with him. I can do that. This was my first mistake.
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:40 pm

For what seemed like hours, I wandered about until I found an old, almost run down looking shop. I exited the dark streets and stepped into the stuffy shop. Yellow and white sparkles floated around the inside of the shop like dust. I could hear someone in the back shuffling papers around and then a loud crash as something broke, and then a loud curse. Finally the voice addressed me. "Ah, Zarina. I was wondering when you would arrive..."

I stared, dumbfounded as a figure emerged from the gloom. He was a wizard, dressed in emerald green and gold robes with a matching green and gold pointed hat. He had long silver hair with a matching beard that flowed down to his midsection. He had a rope belt with a black wooden wand... "I was beginning to wonder if they would ever send you."

"If who would send me?" I demanded angrilly. The chain also made it hard for me to think...
roll playing game - Page 2 FR30257_SKULL_WRISTLET_W_CHAIN
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 1:04 am

I confirmed every opinion the king held about women and soon the conversation came to an end. He thanked me for my wise counsel and bade me goodnight. I retired to my room under the misconception that I had provided the kind of advice he sought. How wrong I was.

I slept well that night and woke to the dawn chorus, heralding a splendid day. I threw back the heavy damask curtains to allow in the early morning sunshine. Zarina had an almost fear of daylight and always lurked in shadows until nightfall. She underwent a personality change with the change in light. She was very strange. I wondered what had become of her. One thing I was sure of, her powers would protect her wherever she might be.
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:11 am

The light always put me in a bad mood. I could handle it when it was raining, but it wasn't raining. No clouds where to be seen. Not even a whisp of a blanket cloud.

After threatening the wizard this morning in various ways, he agreed to return me back to the palace. I entered through the palace gates, trying to tug off the chain but no matter how hard I pulled, the chain wouldn't budge. I grumbled the whole way to the castle, still trying to yank off the chain.

I entered the main door of the hallway and into the circular dome room. I stopped. Of course the king would be there. And why wouldn't he be talking with Lord Lachmoran and Victor...?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:46 am

After breaking my fast, I went in search of Lord Lochmoran to ask if there was any news about Zarina and found him in conversation with Alfredo. I bowed and apologised for the intrusion but the king beckoned me to enter and join them. Before I had a chance to ask, the lady herself swept through the door looking very angry. To my surprise, she was in chains. I wondered why she hadn't used her mind to break the links. I concluded that another force was at work mending the links as quickly as she broke them.

A battle of wills, eh? It will be interesting to see who wins.
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:41 am

Lord Lochmoran looked at me in surprise, and then smiled. "It's good to see you're back, Zarina. Although...Not quite what I excpected..."

I ignored his comment and glared up at the king as the sun's yellow rays streamed through the stained glass dome. I stared at him until he shifted uncomfertably. Finally I could no longer contain myself. "Do you know what that little trick of yours almost cost me!?" I yelled at him. "It almost cost me my life, thank you very much! And that wizard of yours! He used to be your protector and spell master. Do you know how many threats I had to make before he finally agreed to send me here? Do you!? That's why you always hold the Royal Courts in the day and have me present. That wizard was most powerful in the day. That's who was spying on me! And when he knocked me out, you made it seem as if it was someone here!" I continued to glare at him, visibly fuming.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 11:12 am

So, the king and his cousin are rivals. I wondered why Alfredo had sent Zarina to invite me to the palace. Did he also send the Icarus warriors to attack the carriage to test his cousin's powers? Perhaps. If he did, then there is more than rivalry between these two relatives.

I glanced at the king and saw a look of satisfaction on his face. If he had the power to unchain the returning First Knight, he was in no hurry to use it.

"Dearest cousin, how relieved we all are to see you returned to us ..."

"Yes, I'm your cousin, but there is nothing dear between us," Zarina snarled back at him.
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 11:26 am

"Zarina, I-"

I held up my hand. "No. Don't. Save your breath." I started to walk away up to my room, but then stopped on the bottom stairs and turned back to the king and said, "Oh and...by the way, if you ever, ever send me there again, which I'll personally make sure you won't, make sure that wizard doesn't cross my path or he'll never see daylight again." I disappeared into my room.

The king sighed quietly and rubbed at his tempals. "We should do something about that one..."

Lord Lachmoras chuckled darkly. "Well, it is kind of your fault for sending her there."

King Alfredo shot him a dark look. "So it is..." He was quiet for a moment as he started to make his way up the stairs. "I'm going to see if I can talk with her." And he slowly made his way up to my room...
roll playing game - Page 2 Main_staicase_winter_palace_st_petersburg_russia_photo_gov
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: roll playing game   roll playing game - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

roll playing game
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next