Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
billpascali

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-24

My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll Empty
PostSubject: My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll   My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 7:58 am

Hello;
My name is Bill Pascali. I am an entertainer with several gold records to my credit. I joined published authors because of my autobiography I have been writing for over 8 years. I put a small analogy of book contents below and would love some feedback about it. As I mentioned I am an entertainer but novice to book agents and publishing. I am ready to market my works and would like to find an agent who can take as much interest in this book as I have. Basically it is about "truths" of the entertainment industry and their artists. I mention over 60 celebrities who I have worked with over 40 years and over 20 name groups of the 60's which I was a member of. Shocking? Yes, but as I said only truths at all costs. This is the only book I may ever write but I believe it has all the ingredients to be a best seller. Do you agree?

The Ghost of Rock & Roll

Such a silly phrase, The Ghost or Rock & Roll, which bares many descriptive meanings in my life. The word Ghost itself can be dubbed by the words spirit or transparent, of which I have had both experiences on and off stage. At times I've had to lose myself to assume another persona to enrich my career in entertainment, but I have been one of the few lucky ones who never forgot who I am and the reasons for transformation.
I have spent the past 8 years writing transcripts about my life with hopes of writing my autobiography. I am in the final stages and wanted to write the blog to get inspiration and opinions on what this book may mean to others. It has been very therapeutic for me to review my each and every move in life as I reflect in a summary of how and why I have achieved my goals. At times I was proud to pursue my visions, yet there were times of great despair and loss. The world has been a test or balance for us all because as we gain one thing we may sacrifice another. We may lose material things throughout our lives but the important thing is to keep yourself. Never lose who you are and the reason you are here. Over the years it was sad to watch an artist loose himself to the point of no return, and at times he began to believe all that he was portrayed to be in the public eye. So, I may not only be writing stories of my life, but what I have learned from sharing the careers and lives of others.
As I have always said, my life is like an open book. For the past 8 years I have been collecting remnants of my life of which I will soon seek to publish for the world to observe. As many of my friends know already my life is filled with diversity and many things I hesitate to actually carve in stone, but one must experience the upsets in path to reach paradise found. I recently decided to reveal all the things true to life I have encountered, which I have kept to myself for many years. I am sure my family and friends will be both shocked and amazed at the hidden truths I have decided to reveal about both my life and career, but at this time in my life I feel the need to "open my soul and pour my heart out". Life has dripped with opportunity at times which always comes with a heavy price to pay.

Enter the real world of the struggling heroes of our rock & roll past . This autobiography is full of real life situations from the rise and fall of many top artists of the 60s era. Would you sell your soul for a shot at the big time? When success is lost would you hang on at all costs and strive for another shot at a hit record? Many fans would be shocked to see their heroes in a true light without all the glitter and gold. "Fans are what motivate an artist to believe his persona". So, who are the fanatic's, the artists or their undying fans?

Growing up I have adopted many heroes, and I wanted to jump into their shoes. I tried to learn all I could about their gift and to especially find out where the magic came from. I have followed the music culture and had a great respect for the mystic of artistry. As I became of age I was privileged enough to meet and work for many of my heroes, who then became real as life and the magic diminished. After a short time I realized it was the audience who builds the pedestal in which a talented individual stands on. The media also has so much to do with the hype. These heroes are fragile people who have had a wonderful gift of talent, but as I learned talent does not determine the persona of a person... In fact it may be a very small part to judge a human by. So, I go on in life knowing if one should turn their head my way because of a gift from God which they experienced emotion from, it is that and only that they may admire. We as artists must know the limit to our magic as a magician knows how to make something materialize before your eyes. The magician knows he has the talent to entertain but does not truly believe he can levitate or create material objects from out of the sky. The line of belief between magic and reality must be known by all who possess the power. Once one believes as his admirers believe the magic will be gone... For it never really was there to begin with. Hence life is thrown off balance and many careers fall to the waste side.
The Ghost of Rock & Roll will try to enlighten its readers by telling truths and learned lessons of the entertainment industry. Music has changed the world as we know it and many people do in fact underestimate the power of song. Others may over estimate it's power by wearing their song as a waving flag of "who I am". Play it loud and the world can see who I am! That is the magic of life! Natures orchestra can testify to the belief by just waking up to a bird singing as the sun shines in our window. The sound of the ocean's waves while the moon and stars set the scenery of a romantic night is inspiring. So, a soothing love song or a hard beating rhythm set to accommodating words does create an intense magic of our surroundings. We are all thirsty for the music of life and our appreciation for nature may be focused to God, but our thankfulness of song focuses on the artist who delivers. No, there is no human God, but there is a spirit or a ghost with in all of us.
Bill Pascali

QUESTION: Would you have an interest to read my autobiography?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll   My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 8:31 am

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the forum! You'll find members here a friendly bunch and I hope you receive some positive feedback from those who know a bit about the music industry as well as about writing.

If you are unsure if you need an agent or not, check out this site first:

http://www.writers.net/articles/writers/method_madness.php

If you are writing about living people, you'll find this e-book useful:

http://www.legalwritepublications.com/realpeople.htm

Most authors find that although writing a book is difficult, finding a publisher is far more difficult. I wish you luck with this!

~Shelagh
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll   My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi Bill, and welcome aboard. I Googled you and had a look at your website in addition to reading your notes here. You certainly have had a fascinating career and I am sure the book will be a great read. I agree with Shelagh that if you are writing about living people, you'll need to check out the legalities-people can be unpredictable even though they say they love you! When you are really ready I would suggest that your history will make it a little easier to find an agent / publisher than it is for some of us. I hope you stick around the foum and let us know how it goes.
As for me, born in the 60s, high school in the 80s, so R & R is very near to my heart. Enjoy the ride! My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll Note
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Bill Pas

PostSubject: Legalities   My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 12:30 pm

Hello Pam and Shelagh;
First, Thank you both for your assistance. I love to write and know I have to approach this with legal council as well. I am looking into many aspects of guidelines. However, I did write to the many named in my book and received many emails from these people as well. I had decided months a go to have many of the mentioned characters in my book also send me a few words about myself from their point of view. After all what is a book without having the readers get to know the author as well. This subject has taken a chapter on its own. I really enjoyed reading how others see me true to life and it has in fact added a new substance to the element.
Don't get me wrong, my analogy of entertainment contains many situations that the average artist may not have experienced in their career. There is a lot of good things about the business too, which I mention. Unfortunately, the business is run by (suits) business men and not artists which is the down side.
I find most autobiographies do not bare the truths about the subject and putting it mildly too much is unrevealed. For instance Aretha Franklin's autobiography was mainly sugar and spice, but it was her unauthorized biography (writer: Mark Bego) which became a best seller. In this business the drugs, sex, and personal relationships bare an important fact when speaking of an artist. I don't want to make that mistake as Aretha, for we all travel bumpy roads and it was what lead some of us to the green pastures of life. Others may have hit the end of a road. An entertainer is not a private character by any means, for their life is an opened book. It is what comes with the price of fame, and one must either bare their souls or leave the spotlight. Biographies should not contain missing pieces to the puzzle of life.
Sincerely, Honest Bill (LOL)
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll   My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:24 pm

Bill,

I hope you find an agent and a publisher. I think you might have a winner on your hands if handled by the right people (pun intended! LOL!)

~Shelagh
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll   My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 4:26 pm

Just so long as underneath we know those business reps all have the same kind of suits underneath...birthday suits that is. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll   My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll Empty

Back to top Go down

My Autobiography; The Ghost of Rock & Roll
Page 1 of 1