Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?

Go down 
+5
E. Don Harpe
joefrank
LC
Carol Troestler
alice
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? Empty
PostSubject: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Sleep

Last edited by Long gone on Sun May 02, 2010 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:06 pm

Alice,

I am very glad. I know it will work. Uninsured patients already cost us money. They are not left to die or bleeding, but treated with no compensation, and the rest of us pay for them. Like a doctor said this morning, "Since we are all already paying uninsured patients, it is better to do so in an organized way."

I like it. I like we are willing to try new things. The only thing that is going to get us out of the rut our country is in, is trying new things. For 100 years there have been those who wanted everyone to have health care.

Last time Tom went to pick up my medicine, a lady we know was picking up her meds. The pharmacist gave her a bill for over $400 instead of the $25 she usually had to pay. She was shocked and said she couldn't pay that. The pharmacist explained about the donut hole. She left without the meds. I know this lady and her and her husband were hard working good people. Now they can get meds at a reduced price.

At our mental health center we saw people who could not pay. My business partner and I felt it was our responsibility. We did not get paid, but there was still the use of the office space, more lucrative endeavors we could have been pursuing, but it was important for people to get the care they needed.

Love, Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:51 pm

Hard to say, because who knows what's in that 2,500 page bill? All I know are the snippets I read in newspapers, which basically say that people with good policies will be taxed more to pay for it, and low-income people will be "subsidized," meaning people with good incomes will be taxed more, too.

So, if you're a producer, it's not so great; if you're a non-producer, it's great, you get to leech even more.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:07 pm

Sleep

Last edited by Long gone on Sun May 02, 2010 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:12 pm

If they produced more before they got sick they might not have been leeches.

I wonder how illegal aliens will be affected by this? Can they buy insurance? Will they be given subsidies to help? Or will it be the same ol same ol -we'll pay for all the citizen leeches plus continue to pay for the illegals?
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm

Illegals cannot purchase insurance under the bill.
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:49 pm

Sleep

Last edited by Long gone on Sun May 02, 2010 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:32 pm

alice wrote:
What is a "leech."

Someone who can buy their own insurance but chooses not to, since it requires having to work, or work a second job, or prioritizing their disposable cash differently. Someone whose poor lifestyle choices are directly responsible for their health could be considered a leech, too.

Quote :
Some babies-- those with sickle cell anemia are deemed to have prexisting conditions and therefore denied health care coverage.

Babies are covered under their parents' insurance. If the insurance denied treatment for something they were born with, that's something the state insurance commission should get involved in.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Carol Troestler wrote:
Illegals cannot purchase insurance under the bill.

So how is this bill supposed to help the hospitals, say, in Texas, who are forced to treat thousands of non-paying illegals every year?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:42 pm

Sleep

Last edited by Long gone on Sun May 02, 2010 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:59 pm

3/23/2010

From what I read Illegals will
have no rights what so ever,
their not citizens...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:26 pm

alice wrote:
More people will be able to pay, so the illegals will be offset by paying citizens.
How about that?

Like I said. Between subsidies to help more people be able to pay, and higher prices on existing policies, producers will be taxed more to care for the leeches.
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Personally I couldn't care less if people making over $250,000 a year have to pay through the nose. Most of them lied, cheated, and used their family and friends to get where they are, and then they get all of the tax subsidies and tax breaks, so why shouldn't they pay more? Maybe some of their chickens will be coming home to roost.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Who said it would be people making $250K/year? I read that subsidies will be for families making up to $88k/year, so clearly the government considers $89K/year to be rich!

And it's awfully jaded to think that people who earn over $250K/yr lied and cheated to get it. I think that applies more to people who make over $250 million/year, lol.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:01 pm

Sleep

Last edited by Long gone on Sun May 02, 2010 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:08 pm

3/23/2010

As I've said before and I will repeat myself.
Illegals will not get health insurance, they're
not American citizens , plus the so called
immigration bill their working on illegals will
have to pay a heavy fine and they can't
vote for 5 years....Oh yes, they have to get
to the back of the line..

Cheers.. Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:13 pm

Dear E. Don,
I agree with you. I am glad this bill passed. It is a start. All people are human and worthy no matter how the money falls out. Government pays for farmers not to grow stuff so the price of the commodity is regulated, government sends trillions of dollars to other countries, it is time government (which is us, lest we forgot it) does something for our own people. Let our own people benefit. I see these ads about Help the Children, and they are always other conuntries. Many children here need help. Help the American child.

LC, I doubt that you have ever wanted for a damned thing. Who do you thank? Your Parents, Your Own Self, and if so, how did you get go dad gummed lucky? Someone paid up front when you were a child. You did not work for that, did you. Now you are against anyone who did not get born with the same silver spoon you have. BooHooo.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:23 pm

Sleep

Last edited by Long gone on Sun May 02, 2010 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:26 pm

Betty, you're setting up a false dichtomy -I would prefer that dollars sent overseas be spent here, too.

I do have my parents to thank for working (both my parents worked) to provide for their family rather than sitting with their hands out. I do the same. I expect all healthy, able-bodied people to do the same.

I've said before that everyone is entitled to health care. I just don't think we're entitled to the same health care, anymore than we're entitled to the same housing. Not sure what's so awful about that.
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:54 pm

Housing is one thing, health care something else entirely. I think every American should have exactly the same health care. Exactly. Regardless of how much money you make or how much you are worth, your life and health is not worth any more than anyone elses. I am far from rich, however, when I am sick, when I am hospitalized, and yes, even when I am gone, my family will miss me as much, if not more, that Bill Gates family will miss him. Not that I am talking about Bill Gates, but I'm sure you understand what I mean.

Let's make it a bit more personal. LC, I'm quite sure I mean as much to my family as you do to yours, and as far as I'm concerned the two of us should have exactly the same health care.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:56 pm

E. Don Harpe wrote:
Housing is one thing, health care something else entirely.

Why? Aren't both essential for our well-being?
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Dear LC,
No. Housing is relative. You can live in a shack, a tent, a cardboard box. Housing is a relative thing. It is something that if you cannot afford a better accomodation, you can still be alive. Health care is not relative. If you need medicines to keep you alive, you cannot opt for the cardboard box, you just die. I can hear you say, If you are like to die, you best do it and decrease the surplus population....Dickens, over a hundred years ago. I would have thought you were more progressive.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 6:17 pm

Many people are homeless or live in dangerous, dirty tenements. That affects their well-being at least as much as access to health care. Why not collectivize all our houses and we can all live in the same apartment (it worked in the old Soviet Union)? Or why not tax those who live in houses that cost more than $250K to get everyone into quality housing?
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:17 pm

Well, if you're for that and willing to do it LC, why not go ahead and get started. BTW, I'd be willing to tax all of them and provide equal housing as well as equal health care. Whether you know it or not, you're not the only person here who has worked hard all their lives, or whose family worked hard. You are also no better than anyone else here, no more valuable to your family or to society, and not worth anymore as a person.

It's time the American way of life swung back to include working people and not just the wealthy. I say take all of the wealth in the country and distribute it to every man woman and child. And it the fat cats don't like it, put 'em on the next boat to China, just don't let them take anything with them except the clothes on their back.

And if you want a seat on the boat, LC, be my guest. I can't think of anyone that will even know you're gone. After all, when we don't know who you are, how can we care if you're not around?
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:54 pm

E. Don Harpe wrote:
And if you want a seat on the boat, LC, be my guest. I can't think of anyone that will even know you're gone. After all, when we don't know who you are, how can we care if you're not around?

Well, that's just it, Don. I myself don't care if some stranger who is able-bodied but not willing to do what is needed to secure health insurance -get a job, get a second job, tell the spouse to get a job- drops dead or goes to China. I don't expect you to, either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?   IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED? Empty

Back to top Go down

IS ANYONE GLAD HEALTH CARE REFORM PASSED?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next